The moderator of Thursday's vice-presidential debate

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • CorvallisBMW
    replied
    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    See your wrong, I dont want to help you or anyone else.
    There's a word for that.....it's called....ummmm... jeeze I can't think of it.
















    Oh right, douchebag. That's it. Giant selfish douchebag.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    Originally posted by mbonder
    , everyone works to help everyone else. No one steals, no one kills, because everyone operates under a complete benevolent set of ideals.


    Please learn some history and some political theory before anyone else attempts to spread misinformation on a grand scale.
    See your wrong, I dont want to help you or anyone else. Im here to help myself and the people I choose to help. Not because I have to. And I dont want to opperate under any "set" of ideals that is not my set of ideals.

    And Socialism is brothers of comunism.

    Leave a comment:


  • CorvallisBMW
    replied
    Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber
    Regardless, you left yourself open, and, I felt the need to pounce.
    fair enough, I kinda asked for it :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Originally posted by CorvallisBMW
    ya, but I already know the candidates stances and opinions on most every issue, and I've decided who I'm going to vote for. So the debate won't change my mind and I don't feel there's much point in me watching it.
    Regardless, you left yourself open, and, I felt the need to pounce.

    Leave a comment:


  • CorvallisBMW
    replied
    ya, but I already know the candidates stances and opinions on most every issue, and I've decided who I'm going to vote for. So the debate won't change my mind and I don't feel there's much point in me watching it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Originally posted by CorvallisBMW
    meh, looks like I'm going to miss the debate. It starts at the same time as the OSU/Utah game. Sorry VPs, football comes first tonight.
    The problem with our country, right durr.

    Football > Future, (Education on)

    Leave a comment:


  • Farbin Kaiber
    replied
    Originally posted by mbonder
    ...Regardless of who I'm favoring in this election, it annoys me that people associate high taxes and the like with Marxism and socialism, this is simply not true.
    What about the wealth redistribution, and federal healthcare? Those are socialist party tools, no?

    Leave a comment:


  • CorvallisBMW
    replied
    meh, looks like I'm going to miss the debate. It starts at the same time as the OSU/Utah game. Sorry VPs, football comes first tonight.

    Leave a comment:


  • mbonder
    replied
    1.a theory or system of social organization that advocates the vesting of the ownership and control of the means of production and distribution, of capital, land, etc., in the community as a whole.
    Based on this definition which has been quoted by you, socialism is actually a system which would seem to fit your needs. The purest form of socialism is actually the dissolution of government altogether. In a true socialist society, the people operate as complete controllers of their destiny, everyone works to help everyone else. No one steals, no one kills, there is no crime, because everyone operates under a complete benevolent set of ideals.

    It appears here that certain members are confusing socialism with the Soviet Communist system of the Cold War, which in reality WAS NOT communist at all. The soviet system was a bastardization of the ideas of Marx and his socialist system. Obviously that occurred because Stalin and his cohorts took power and used it for personal gains--clearly not a benevolent system.

    Please learn some history and some political theory before anyone else attempts to spread misinformation on a grand scale.

    Regardless of who I'm favoring in this election, it annoys me that people associate high taxes and the like with Marxism and socialism, this is simply not true.

    Leave a comment:


  • Aptyp
    replied
    I don't care how terrible Palin is, Obama/Biden combination is disastrous. Biden since taking nomination has said that he doesn't know why he was selected. He's been critical of Obama, been very supportive of McCain.

    Biden should have run with McCain.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    6 dictionary results for: socialism
    Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This so·cial·ism /ˈsoʊʃəˌlɪzəm/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[soh-shuh-liz-uhm] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –noun 1.a theory or system of social organization that advocates the vesting of the ownership and control of the means of production and distribution, of capital, land, etc., in the community as a whole. 2.procedure or practice in accordance with this theory. 3.(in Marxist theory) the stage following capitalism in the transition of a society to communism, characterized by the imperfect implementation of collectivist principles.

    Leave a comment:


  • Vedubin01
    replied
    Originally posted by Sam Cogley
    You don't know what that term means, so your complaints are meaningless.

    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Politics portal v • d • e Socialism refers to a broad set of economic theories of social organization advocating state or collective ownership and administration of the means of production and distribution of goods, and the creation of an egalitarian society.[1][2] Modern socialism originated in the late nineteenth-century working class political movement. Karl Marx posited that socialism would be achieved via class struggle and a proletarian revolution, it being the transitional stage between capitalism and communism.[3][4]
    Socialists mainly share the belief that capitalism unfairly concentrates power and wealth into a small section of society who control capital, and creates an unequal society. All socialists advocate the creation of an egalitarian society, in which wealth and power are distributed more evenly, although there is considerable disagreement among socialists over how, and to what extent this could be achieved.[1]
    Socialism is not a discrete philosophy of fixed doctrine and program; its branches advocate a degree of social interventionism and economic rationalization, sometimes opposing each other. Another dividing feature of the socialist movement is the split on how a socialist economy should be established between the reformists and the revolutionaries. Some socialists advocate complete nationalization of the means of production, distribution, and exchange; while others advocate state control of capital within the framework of a market economy. Social democrats propose selectivemixed economies combined with tax-funded welfare programs nationalization of key national industries in ; Libertarian socialism (which includes Socialist Anarchism and Libertarian Marxism) rejects state control and ownership of the economy altogether and advocates direct collective ownership of the means of production via co-operative workers' councils and workplace democracy.
    In the 1970s and the 1980s, Yugoslavian, Hungarian, Polish and Chinese Communists instituted various forms of market socialism combining co-operative and State ownership models with the free market exchange.[5] This is unlike the earlier theoretical market socialist proposal put forth by Oskar Lange in that it allows market forces, rather than central planners to guide production and exchange.[6] Anarcho-syndicalists, Luxemburgists (such as those in the Socialist Party USA) and some elements of the United States New Left favor decentralized collective ownership in the form of cooperatives or workers' councils.

    Leave a comment:


  • Sam Cogley
    replied
    Originally posted by Vedubin01
    I guess you dont listen much.... Obama's views and policies go hand and hand with a socialist government!
    You don't know what that term means, so your complaints are meaningless.

    Originally posted by Das Boots
    The best for this is for Gwen Iffil to acknowledge to the audience that she has recently wrote a book about the topic and that it will not be out until inauguration day on '09. Plead mea culpa. This at the same time would promote her book.
    It's been public knowledge that Iffil is writing this book long before both sides approved her as debate moderator. This is just another cheap attempt by the GOP to "work the refs."

    Leave a comment:


  • Edev
    replied
    ill be at work :(

    BUT im going to Tivo it! its going to be on like donkey konggg.

    Leave a comment:


  • parkerbink
    replied
    Originally posted by Tim Flat4
    Palin believes in creationism, do I have to say anything more?

    You mean the Earth is more than 6,000 years old?

    Leave a comment:

Working...