New Bronco Thread - 2021 Ford Bronco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lambo View Post

My main issue with buying a new vehicle is the asinine registration fees Colorado imposes on new vehicles... I can afford a new vehicle but I really don't want to give Colorado $1k+/year just to own a new vehicle...
    Oh I forgot about that, AZ is the same on new vehicles, and new trucks are even more. I just renewed mine for my 20 year vehicle. Got a 5 year, with custom plate, special plate, etc and it was half that.

Nice thing about electric vehicles is it's like $20 a year for Teslas I know, that's another win for the Rivian column assuming that remains.
    Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Pootis View Post
      I put a reservation in on a wildtrak 4 dr. Can't wait to get it!
      NICE!

Realistically I would likely purchase a barely used to save a lot up front. CPO or something would be nice in a few years.

The wildtrak is a great package. I prefer the look of the 2 door, but the 4 door practicality makes a lot of sense. Especially with around the time I'd get one if I were to get one.

Comment

Good luck getting a used on before the end of 2021 at less than new cost. Pretty sure that they will suffer from Wrangleritis in their first year or two.

Comment

Trade in Ranger for Bronco and just get an MxJack and a hardshell RTT... hmmm
          1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
            Good luck getting a used on before the end of 2021 at less than new cost. Pretty sure that they will suffer from Wrangleritis in their first year or two.
            Oh I'd wait a year or two if I went the used route, it won't be as easy as walking into the dealer, but I've had pretty great luck getting into vehicles with buzz around them after very little time. I'd consider new if everything worked out in my favor.
            ​​​​​
            Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
            Trade in Ranger for Bronco and just get an MxJack and a hardshell RTT... hmmm
            And ecoboost still go whoo in them. GFC RTT + Bronco would be a pretty sweet setup.

If y'all didn't see this, one of those rare informative articles on Jalopnik.

https://jalopnik.com/an-extremely-de...HdpNDMG_LR_E0A

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post

Oh I forgot about that, AZ is the same on new vehicles, and new trucks are even more. I just renewed mine for my 20 year vehicle. Got a 5 year, with custom plate, special plate, etc and it was half that.

Nice thing about electric vehicles is it's like $20 a year for Teslas I know, that's another win for the Rivian column assuming that remains.
              Yeah with a kiddo due this week I need the 4 dr over the 2 dr.
              1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
              COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Love what Ford is doing here, they are really listening, BMW could take a lesson from this. I am super excited for the new Bronco, it is now on my list, I am about to put a deposit on it just for the hell of it. I need to replace my G01 which is a fantastic car but it is sooo boring.
                Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                  Love what Ford is doing here, they are really listening, BMW could take a lesson from this. I am super excited for the new Bronco, it is now on my list, I am about to put a deposit on it just for the hell of it. I need to replace my G01 which is a fantastic car but it is sooo boring.
                  Careful what you wish for, BMW would probably interpret that as market demand for a retro SUV. To them that would mean that making a new 2002, but an SUV this time, based on an X1, and FWD, with giant kidneys.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Careful what you wish for, BMW would probably interpret that as market demand for a retro SUV. To them that would mean that making a new 2002, but an SUV this time, based on an X1, and FWD, with giant kidneys.
                    Honestly impossible to tell if this is sarcasm or reality.
                    Originally posted by priapism
                    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                    Originally posted by shameson
                    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post

Honestly impossible to tell if this is sarcasm or reality.
                      I can't tell either.

Comment

Its probably a bit of both...
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

The marketing guys sure did a number on you folks who are reserving one already. I'd wait a model year though to me it's a neat vehicle but not something I'd buy if I were in the new market right now.

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          [CoTM: 4-18]
                          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                          - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                            The marketing guys sure did a number on you folks who are reserving one already. I'd wait a model year though to me it's a neat vehicle but not something I'd buy if I were in the new market right now.
                            Ah, I see, no M42, no care, right?

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                              Right, first year models will inevitably have issues.
                              I do things.

Comment

Phew - it's been a minute mates; hope everyone's been well!

Still own my '86 T4R, but went ahead and reserved a basecamp model w/ a third pedal. Plan on keeping it barebones because all I need is a standard, cloth seats, power steering and I'll be happy as a clam. Shit - I'll even make do with manual locking hubs, crank windows, and a traditional turn key! Should fare well as a DD in the PNW along with overlanding trips for skiing - I'm hyped babies.

Click image for larger version  Name:	vehicle-1-png.13529.png Views:	0 Size:	133.2 KB ID:	9940819

Sidebar: r3v looks so different nowadays, damn I'm getting old.

P.S. Bronco6g forums are so fkn lame man. Everyone's complaining about the dumbest shit that you would think is sarcastic, but aren't. Waaah no rear a/c, no 2 door power seats, no cooling seats..the list goes on and on got dam lol

Last edited by RUFFLZ; 07-24-2020, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X