• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once my paint is done I will have over $25k in mine
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by Ingrid
      theres no person that can tell you how much to spend on a car. no one here knows your financial situation, no one here knows what your income to debt ratio is. actually, there is no right answer at all.

what if i told you to spend 10% of your salary on a car...that doesnt mean its financially right...you may have expenses that exceed 90% of your income....so now what?

what if you spend 10% of your salary on a car......what if you lose your job the next week....how much money do you have in the bank? how long can you float yourself while you look for a new job?

what if you're straight out of school.....well paying job, no debt, live at home, very little expenses and you can comfortably spend 50% of your income on a car......does that make it right? nope.
      Reasonable post and not even trying to sell us anything? Odd.

Comment

I have a spreadsheet that I've updated since I bought the car. It includes every parts purchase I've made down to bulbs and wipers (I also keep the receipts in a binder). I try not to look at that spreadsheet...

Comment

Originally posted by mike.bmw View Post
          I have a spreadsheet that I've updated since I bought the car. It includes every parts purchase I've made down to bulbs and wipers (I also keep the receipts in a binder). I try not to look at that spreadsheet...
          Always be sure to scroll down so only the last line is visible on the sheet before you ctrl-s. Also be sure that the sum line is out of view on that screen.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Always be sure to scroll down so only the last line is visible on the sheet before you ctrl-s. Also be sure that the sum line is out of view on that screen.
            Haha, good idea. It's actually not too bad for five years of ownership and doing a lot of the work myself. I try to tell myself that what I've spent, to include the purchase price of the car, isn't that far off from what similar cars (mileage, condition, history) sell for on various auction sites. If I ever sell this car I won't make any money, but that was never one of my goals.

Comment

Originally posted by evoleacy

13k in a year?
              Pretty sure OP only started this thread to justify his asking price prior to advertising the car. IMO, and I strongly suspect that OP has included the purchase price in that figure after looking at his thread. As we know, money in to any type of project car does not really equal money out, and we should accept that before starting.

Comment

No, I didn't start this thread to justify my asking price for my car. That was a pretty ignorant thing to write. I started this thread to see if my spending equals others. My selling of my car came weeks after coming to the decision that I wanted to buy a different car. You opinion is not needed and shows your small mindedness,

Comment

Originally posted by Ingrid
                  theres no person that can tell you how much to spend on a car. no one here knows your financial situation, no one here knows what your income to debt ratio is. actually, there is no right answer at all.

what if i told you to spend 10% of your salary on a car...that doesnt mean its financially right...you may have expenses that exceed 90% of your income....so now what?

what if you spend 10% of your salary on a car......what if you lose your job the next week....how much money do you have in the bank? how long can you float yourself while you look for a new job?

what if you're straight out of school.....well paying job, no debt, live at home, very little expenses and you can comfortably spend 50% of your income on a car......does that make it right? nope.
                  Your comment makes no sense. It's easy to tell how much you spent on your car. You just add up the receipts like I did. Ranting about a simple question is unnecessary and bizarre.

Comment

Originally posted by 84mint325e View Post
                    No, I didn't start this thread to justify my asking price for my car. That was a pretty ignorant thing to write. I started this thread to see if my spending equals others. My selling of my car came weeks after coming to the decision that I wanted to buy a different car. You opinion is not needed and shows your small mindedness,
                    Whatever you say, but when you start a thread, throw out a round number that breaks out nothing for comparison and then advertise your car with that same number it seems fishy. In any case, my opinion is as valuable as yours, which is to say that neither has value.

Comment

Your comment makes no sense. It's easy to tell how much you spent on your car. You just add up the receipts like I did. Ranting about a simple question is unnecessary and bizarre.
                      That's a bot you are replying to.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Whatever you say, but when you start a thread, throw out a round number that breaks out nothing for comparison and then advertise your car with that same number it seems fishy. In any case, my opinion is as valuable as yours, which is to say that neither has value.
                        I have no nefarious reasons for starting this thread. One thread has nothing to do with the other.

Comment

YouR opinion is not needed and shows your small mindedness,
                          Welcome to R3V

Your car looks great, but I think an eta is merely the intro to E30 ownership and isnt really indicative of the true ownership experience.

Your car is nice, but Im guessing yours started at a premium and when looking back at what you've spent $13k on its tough to think its worth holding on to.
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                            Welcome to R3V Your car looks great, but I think an eta is merely the intro to E30 ownership and isnt really indicative of the true ownership experience. Your car is nice, but Im guessing yours started at a premium and when looking back at what you've spent $13k on its tough to think its worth holding on to.
                            you can pour thousands into an eta. it's still worth less than you think... unless you have some sorta sleeper... sent from hell using Tapatalk
                            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                            '90 325i sedan daily driven
                            '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Originally posted by cheffy30 View Post
                              you can pour thousands into an eta. it's still worth less than you think... unless you have some sorta sleeper... sent from hell using Tapatalk
                              My base model 325i is obviously worth 20k after I've spent 15k on maintenance, mods and a rebuilt M30 to swap in cuz its what the kids want.
                              85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

Comment

Originally posted by Slybeanx View Post
                                My base model 325i is obviously worth 20k after I've spent 15k on maintenance, mods and a rebuilt M30 to swap in cuz its what the kids want.
                                whatever the market bears. I'm happy knowing that my investment will allow me to daily mine for at least another 20 years. already have my heart set on watching the ticker turn over to 400k sent from hell using Tapatalk
                                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                                '90 325i sedan daily driven
                                '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Working...
                                X