No announcement yet.

How much have you spent on your BMW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb thread (thanks to the OP), but I'll bite.

I stopped adding it up years ago. But I was at $15k by 2007. And I've had it almost 20 years now. You can guess if you like!

Although in the last 5 years I pretty much don't mess with it much, I just drive it. It needs a few things - it's definitely more of a driver than a show car. But I don't spend anything on it other than gas and insurance. It helps that I have a massive hoard of parts!

I don't worry much about the total cost, and it costs me basically nothing to run these days. Plus, it turns out saving and investing over a long period of time actually does work. ;)
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I do things.

Comment

I didn't even count my expenses. My parents helped me buy the car, and they gave me some money to buy it when I was finishing college. Then the restoration probably took about 10,000 dollars, and after that there were still expenses. In general, I invested 16-17 thousand in the repair and renovation.

Comment

Originally posted by BurtonKay View Post
          I didn't even count my expenses. My parents helped me buy the car, and they gave me some money to buy it when I was finishing college. Then the restoration probably took about 10,000 dollars, and after that there were still expenses. In general, I invested 16-17 thousand in the repair and renovation.
          You should start a thread in the members rides, I’m curious to see what yours looks like
          Simon
          Current Car:
          -2000 330i Estate, the dad-mobile
          -2002 MR2 Spyder, the solo-mobile

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

You should start a thread in the members rides, I’m curious to see what yours looks like
            I'm waiting for the FS thread that has links to essay writing services.

Comment

In the last six months for the daily driver e30, $25 for oil and a filter.

On the e93- over $500 for a battery, hood release cables, misc trim pieces and paint.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

I'm waiting for the FS thread that has links to essay writing services.
                Why do you need a thread dedicated to writing essays? If you need to write an essay, find these services online.

Comment

Working...
                X