No announcement yet.

How much have you spent on your BMW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb thread (thanks to the OP), but I'll bite.

I stopped adding it up years ago. But I was at $15k by 2007. And I've had it almost 20 years now. You can guess if you like!

Although in the last 5 years I pretty much don't mess with it much, I just drive it. It needs a few things - it's definitely more of a driver than a show car. But I don't spend anything on it other than gas and insurance. It helps that I have a massive hoard of parts!

I don't worry much about the total cost, and it costs me basically nothing to run these days. Plus, it turns out saving and investing over a long period of time actually does work. ;)
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn

You should start a thread in the members rides, I’m curious to see what yours looks like
        I'm waiting for the FS thread that has links to essay writing services.

Comment

In the last six months for the daily driver e30, $25 for oil and a filter.

On the e93- over $500 for a battery, hood release cables, misc trim pieces and paint.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

I'm waiting for the FS thread that has links to essay writing services.
            Why do you need a thread dedicated to writing essays? If you need to write an essay, find these services online.

Comment

Originally posted by JuniEdith
              BMWs are the most expensive make to maintain by far, with a 10-year cost of $17,800. They found luxury brands are generally the most expensive to own over the long haul, but far less flashy vehicles ranked high too—including a few brands that have been retired since the data was compiled.
              lol.. spam bots trying to tell us that E30s cost as much / are as unreliable as a modern BMW.

FWIW, my 2006 3330i has cost me nearly nothing in the last 7 years. The most expensive things by far were tires and gas. Not counting those, I don't think I've spent even $1000 on required maintenance.. I could count the number of repairs it's needed on one hand.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

The one above your post deserves the hammer too.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                  The one above your post deserves the hammer too.
                  Im just waiting for one BS/spam link to drop the hammer...so far nothing though
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

yeah, I checked their posts, looks like bad engrish mostly.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Including buying the car, and the sheet metal and carpet I bought, I think I'm around 5k (CAD). I dont really keep track, but my budget spreadsheet claims I'll have about $30k CAD in when its all said and done. Considering what I'm doing I think its money well spent. Car should be worth more than that by then, but I'm not doing it to sell. Hoping to drive it for the rest of my life.
                      "Dolphins aren't so smart, they can't even engineer an E-diff"

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Im just waiting for one BS/spam link to drop the hammer...so far nothing though
                        I hear you, but we all know it's coming, and when it does it will be another 20 posts to remove.

Comment

Originally posted by emiliadavid
                          Thousad of dollars
                          Thank you spam bot, very cool
                          Originally posted by priapism
                          My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                          Originally posted by shameson
                          Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

I dunno, Thou (very) sad when looking over receipts for the E30’s. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

I been in E30’s for 31 years. I lost track what I spent on my E30’s. I doesn’t bother me what it cost me.
                              Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

I’ve spent a bunch, maybe more than I should have, but I always say (somewhat unconvincingly) that it’s cheaper than trying to own a new BMW. I think I’m at $10K for five years of ownership so far but I’ve stopped keeping track.

Biggest expense, and nearly as much as the initial purchase of the car, was my $3K 5-speed swap using a lot of new parts and labor from a local shop.

Nearly every other expense has been made in the interest of driveability and reliability. These include the cooling system; master cylinder, brake booster, and ABS pump; shocks and struts, lollipops; a new convertible top; timing belt and water pump, cluster.

Lower cost stuff includes a tune-up with wires, plugs, cap and rotor; injectors, all new hoses, fluid flushes and changes, and minor body repairs.

Even though it’s mostly DIY, it still adds up. I imagine it would have cost twice as much if I weren’t handy. What I like is that I can hop in and drive this car anywhere without worrying any more.

For the future - seats and r134 AC.
                                Last edited by jgilber0; 06-09-2021, 08:40 PM.
                                Jon (OO=[][]=OO)
                                1992 325ic white, stock with a 5-speed swap
                                Palm Beach County

Comment

Working...
                                X