No announcement yet.

How much have you spent on your BMW?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21Kish most parts. Most mechanical I did myself or with brother as it’s a simple vehicle. Largest chunk was paint, but that car sat for half its life. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    OBD1 S52 E36 Compact
    84 318i M10 Zender

Comment

It's a hobby and an entertainment expense, not an investment. I stopped keeping track.

IG @turbovarg
      '91 318is, M20 turbo
      [CoTM: 4-18]
      '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
      - updated 3-17

Comment

Probably $10k into mine. Pretty much just maintenance and Euro bumpers
        1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
        1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

Guessing $10K but now I'm going to add it up to see if that is close. But it's got 250,00 miles, so a lot. Oh it's an e30, it's got 250,000 miles so its just broken in. Click image for larger version

Name:	image (4) copy 5.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	89.0 KB
ID:	9965269
          "just love those little tanky inline 6's"

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
            It's a hobby and an entertainment expense, not an investment. I stopped keeping track.
            This 100%.
            I added up what I had spent a few years ago and I don't want to experience that again.
            ~3 suspension iterations, a few sets of wheels, mods for one engine, Engine swap + "while you're in theres", turbo, replacing stuff I cheaped out on the first (or second, third...) time in various spots, cosmetics, the issues that make you just throw parts at what you think is the problem, and the room of parts/mods you buy and never install.
            Originally posted by priapism
            My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
            Originally posted by shameson
            Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

yea, im with the others... it's a hobby. I am not concerned about total money into it, though I keep all the receipts - just never add them up. Based on the rough budget that I've tried to stick to, and many times blown, I'm a healthy amount over 30k. But then again as far as $$ for performance and enjoyment, it does put a beatdown on cars worth many multiples more than that.
              '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
              Shadetree30

Comment

I stopped tracking my M20 build when I got to around 8k. Parts add up quickly! Won't even try to calculate everything over the total length of ownership.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

I didn't need them to tell me the e30 was the car for me. I figured that one out myself....a no brainer. sent from hell using Tapatalk
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  '90 325i sedan daily driven
                  '85 325e coupe also a daily

Comment

Including my obsession with buying/hoarding parts? I’d have to say around $20k. Going to get a paint job next year, so let’s add an extra $5-$6k after that.
                    sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                    1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                    1991 318is - Sold
                    1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

by the time i was done with the last car (itbs, 5-lug, torsen, new hardware everywhere) i was somewhere around $25k. $6500 into an e36 m3 now, which will go up quickly once i get some of this stash of parts installed.
                      past:
                      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:
                      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

I just finished the 2020 calculation on my two cars (not including gas):

$7,751.18 - Total
                        $1,140.39 - Performance Parts
                        $3,446.21 - Turbo Parts (so far)
                        $ 788.10 - Cosmetics
                        $1,302.88 - Repair Parts
                        $ 200.00 - Fees (registration)
                        $ 870.60 - Tools (not including TIG)
                        sigpic
                        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

^
                          Not bad for the end goal.

Just to provide a counterpoint, to show that E30s aren't really expensive, I spent just over $2900 to purchase and operate a 95 F150 over ~3200mi for the latter 6mo of 2020. Remember, it's a Ford, so parts are basically free.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                            ^
                            Not bad for the end goal.

Just to provide a counterpoint, to show that E30s aren't really expensive, I spent just over $2900 to purchase and operate a 95 F150 over ~3200mi for the latter 6mo of 2020. Remember, it's a Ford, so parts are basically free.
                            Shit, that's just for 2020. One car was bought for $500 in 2010 and didn't even come with a fuel pump to drive it home. The other was bought for $800 in 2018 and I promptly bought one of everything for it.

Once all the maintenance is taken care of, they're cheap to maintain.
                            sigpic
                            1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                            1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                            1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Nice try honey, nice try!
                              sigpic84 325e

Comment

I’m from the other side of the pond where things are generally more expensive anyway. Around 12k since buying the car less than a year ago. Still have about 10k worth of work remaining to get it to the perfect state I want it to be in. Figures quoted are in USD converted from GBP.

Comment

Working...
                                X