• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our country has screwed itself.
    https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      sounds like a vote for Sanders to me (he made that exact point).
      And I will be voting for Sanders unless another candidate has legitimate plans for doing some of these things. It feels like candidates treat this as a game.

Only Sanders to me seems to actually care about people, real people. And seems to be the only person illustrating plans with thought out guidelines and presenting them to Congress.

Meanwhile other reps don't even go to their votes, let alone forward anything reasonable.

If Sanders wasn't an option it would probably be Rand for me. Even if he seems a bit weak at points.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Agreed on all accounts of Trump being the last person this country needs as a leader.

But, I have to admit that I am concerned about the expansive nature of Islam. Maybe I'm just watching too many youtube videos? I'm a strong agnostic, and while I view most religions as relatively benign, the dominant nature of Islam and the Muslim culture is a step backward for mankind.
        My Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
          But, I have to admit that I am concerned about the expansive nature of Islam. Maybe I'm just watching too many youtube videos? I'm a strong agnostic, and while I view most religions as relatively benign, the dominant nature of Islam and the Muslim culture is a step backward for mankind.
          it concerns me too, look at what happened to spain in the middle ages, but this time its not empire/religious expansion. its fleeing destruction, so that is where i am having a hard time with this. ISIS wants them to leave and get tons of anti-muslim sentiment then they can spin it in their favor.

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
            ISIS wants them to leave and get tons of anti-muslim sentiment then they can spin it in their favor.
            This is why all these good Christians patrolling mosques are too vain to see what they are doing is the opposite of helping. If its a hate speech mosque it will get shut down. Don't need these wannabe police/army men.

I think Islam has unfortunately went backwards and is entering growing pains again because of the Arab Spring, and the interference the west had in its governments. Even though some of the dictators/presidents were terrible people pre-spring most of the countries were a lot less visually religious. Burkas and Hajiibs were not as commonplace.

I think now they are going through growing pains again as religious leaders took over after the violence and are abusing their power to make countries theocracy's, and using their power to create hate, create conflict.
            willschnitz

Comment

Politics makes me sick, and the fact that trump is doing so well just shows how weak every single other political candidate is. If there was anyone worth voting for running, I don't think trump would still be in the headlines.

IG @turbovarg
              '91 318is, M20 turbo
              [CoTM: 4-18]
              '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
              - updated 3-17

Comment

Originally posted by varg View Post
                Politics makes me sick, and the fact that trump is doing so well just shows how weak every single other political candidate is. If there was anyone worth voting for running, I don't think trump would still be in the headlines.
                He's in the headlines because of our broken media which prefers to show stories that catch viewers' attention rather than actual news. A news station is going to cover a trump debate because it's super controversial and they know people are going to have an opinion and want to watch.

I'm another vote for Sanders. He's the only guy who seems genuine, like he actually cares.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
                  He's in the headlines because of our broken media which prefers to show stories that catch viewers' attention rather than actual news. A news station is going to cover a trump debate because it's super controversial and they know people are going to have an opinion and want to watch.

I'm another vote for Sanders. He's the only guy who seems genuine, like he actually cares.
                  This. People in our country only seem to be captivated by some headline sensationalizing a person or event. Things like informing and teaching us has no place in todays' news. The masses are becoming more and more woefully ignorant due to this and unless a significant cultural change happens, we will continue sliding downhill. At some point (maybe in our lifetime), the citizens will finally wake up and start complaining of all the bullshit the government and the media has been feeding us all these years.

The 2016 run for the White House is just appalling - those running leave so much to be desired. To me, Sanders seems to be the only one showing real concern about the direction the country is headed and he's passionate about his beliefs to do the right thing for America. I grew up in a Republican family who championed Ronald Regan and George H.W. Bush and I've voted this ticket many times in the past. I consider myself a fiscal conservative but moderate on many social issues. Last night I watched the Republican debate on CNN and I felt ashamed to be labeling myself as a Republican for anything after watching another round of these clowns. I won't be voting for any of them in 2016.

Jon
                  Rides...
                  1991 325i - sold :(
                  2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

Originally posted by Jon325i View Post
                    The 2016 run for the White House is just appalling
                    It's definitely the most exciting presidential run in the past two decades. At one end you have Trump, total racist dickhead idiot guy who would ruin the country, and at the other there's Sanders, who in many ways is the most level headed candidate in years. They're from two opposite ends of the spectrum. For the past few elections, the selection method for the R and D candidates has been pick the lesser of the two evils. Pick the one you dislike least. This is the first time since I've been of voting age where I actually want to go out and vote. So I'm stoked.

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/20...lays_the_media

Stripping away who's site this is on, and the person who said this - regardless of your personal feelings - he has a point.

I have said this before among friends, Trump is playing the Media against itself.. He knows what he's doing.

Think about this for a bit, most of what he has said (throwing people out of the country, building a wall..etc.) the president doesn't have the power to do that. He never will, but I laugh when many people who claim to be "intelligent" voters say "Well, if Trump ever gets elected, he's going to do this or this.." No, no he can't.

That's the thing, it's not a dictatorship or single rule society. We couldn't just say tomorrow, we are going to throw out all Prius drivers. Think of all the things Obama promised before getting elected. Did his supporters honestly believe all that would come true? Our system, as inefficient as some may say, has checks and balances for this specific reason. So you can't just have some disembodied head elected president who then decides to "Kill all humans." (Robot Nixon)

I still have no horse in this race, and refuse to watch either side throw mud at each other at this point. When the time comes - I'll devout more time to research, until then, I just get amused by the "Our team is better than your team."
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

you can say that he can't do any of that stuff, but remember there's a republican majority in congress and some (but not all) are just as much rabid nutjobs as trump is.

Then again, Obama had a Democrat majority in his first 2 years and he still couldn't do some of the stuff he wanted to. But I'm pretty sure none of the things he wanted to do involved making people wear a badge for believing in a specific religion or knocking people's doors down and dragging them into the street for deportation.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

But I'm pretty sure none of the things he wanted to do involved making people wear a badge for believing in a specific religion or knocking people's doors down and dragging them into the street for deportation.
                          I still dont get how some people cannot see the similarities in trumps ideas to hitlers...

Trump is almost the same person.
                          willschnitz

Comment

Then again, Obama had a Democrat majority in his first 2 years and he still couldn't do some of the stuff he wanted to. .

I have said this for many years (and after voting/watching many presidential elections); for every candidate who wins the election, there is a moment, whether it's the first time in the oval office or shortly after entering the doors of the White House. Someone, some where walks up to them and says "Mr. President, congratulations on your win in the election, and now here is the reality of this position."

It happens with any position of massive control - there is always the reality of holding that position. And I am sure that when this person or persons brief the president, that newly elected president see's many of their aspirations float away. Call it a President's Book or whatever, but I would be willing to bet dollars to donuts it happens.. There is just stuff the President knows that nobody else can. Pure and simple.

It's an exclusive club, and there is a reason that no matter how much they talked trash about each other or blamed prior presidents, they still stay on good terms after they leave office. They all know something that the rest of us will never ever be privy too.

It's also why I believe, no matter how idealistic/radical/mundane..etc a presidents campaign promises are before getting the keys, they always end up making similar choices that previous presidents have made.

Sure, there is little wins for each candidate (Obamacare, or tax cuts or whatever) but there is also a lot of policy/actions that probably would have had the same outcome no matter who was sitting in that chair.
                            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                            2016 Ford Flex
                            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                              I still dont get how some people cannot see the similarities in trumps ideas to hitlers...
                              Some.

Trump is almost the same person.
                              Here's where you go off the deep end, as many do...and lose all credibility. Likening someone to Hitler is incredibly easy to do, but rarely is it done truthfully. Trump has decided to refuse immigration based on religious affiliation, he hasn't rounded up all the kids with down syndrome and put them into a furnace. No, they are not almost the same person, not by a long shot.

Comment

certainly they are not the "same" person. But it's not like Hitler started out immediately gassing people he didn't like. But he did say a lot of similar things to what Trump is saying. Also it doesn't help to have skinheads at Trump rallies yelling "Sieg Heil" and threatening to burn BLM protestors to death. Which of course Trump will never say anything about - and we want this guy for president?
                                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Working...
                                X