Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anabolice30 View Post
    I don't see why tilt and wobble is never brought into the discussion? Or the fact that the hottest decade on record was the 1930s, or the fact that we are still coming out of an ice age. I am also curious as to whether or not global warming is man made, what would be so devastating about a slightly warmer planet? As far as I can tell all that would mean is a longer farming season, and trees in bloom longer eating up more atmospheric C02.
    how are you smart enough to understand how the earths axis is at a tilt and wobbles but you are stupid enough to have such a simplistic view of the worlds environment in which a warmer planet strictly effects the surface temperatures of the planet
    Last edited by Dirty325ix; 08-27-2015, 12:35 PM.

Comment

No global warming here guys, dont mind me here in wisco with ~100* summer days.
      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
      willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty325ix View Post
        how are you smart enough to understand how the earths axis is at a tilt and wobbles but you are stupid enough to have such a simplistic view of the worlds environment in which a warmer planet strictly effects the surface temperatures of the planet

Why is it that global warmers are always the ones throwing out insults rathee than calmly deconstructing the opposition's arguments? Why is it that my worldview is somehow simplistic because it disagrees with yours?

If global warming was man-made, and a repeatably demonstrable occurrence why was it global cooling in the seventies? Then a hole in the ozone layer? Then it became global warming. Finally we have arrived at climate change? Everyone said that our atmosphere was thinning, and that more sun-rays were getting through making the planet warmer, but anyone who has flicked through an elementary school science textbook knows that the moon, despite being closer to the sun than the earth at times is COLD, not warm, because of a lack of atmosphere. I'll let you chew on that for a minute. Try to address my points and not call me any names.

Comment

what? the hole in the ozone layer had nothing to do with climate change. the ozone layer blocks harmful UV radiation, which BTW, kills pretty much everything. thankfully we figured out what caused it, and the hole is nearly gone now.

just keep your head buried in your ass...
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
            what? the hole in the ozone layer had nothing to do with climate change. the ozone layer blocks harmful UV radiation, which BTW, kills pretty much everything. thankfully we figured out what caused it, and the hole is nearly gone now.

just keep your head buried in your ass...
            Epic comeback dude. I'm glad you included yourself in the "we" I'm sure you contributed a lot. Also can you tell me what caused it, and how we fixed it?

Comment

Epic comeback dude. I'm glad you included yourself in the "we" I'm sure you contributed a lot. Also can you tell me what caused it, and how we fixed it?
              Are you, like ... serious?

1. We = humans 2. The catalytic impact of chlorofluorocarbons and related chemicals on the reaction 2 O3 → 3 O2. 3. Universal agreement to stop production of, restrict the use of, and prevent the escape of these reactive chemicals. It was in all the papers!
              Last edited by dsm2002; 09-07-2015, 08:01 PM.
              sigpic

Comment

Why is it that global warmers are always the ones throwing out insults rathee than calmly deconstructing the opposition's arguments? Why is it that my worldview is somehow simplistic because it disagrees with yours?

If global warming was man-made, and a repeatably demonstrable occurrence why was it global cooling in the seventies? Then a hole in the ozone layer? Then it became global warming. Finally we have arrived at climate change? Everyone said that our atmosphere was thinning, and that more sun-rays were getting through making the planet warmer, but anyone who has flicked through an elementary school science textbook knows that the moon, despite being closer to the sun than the earth at times is COLD, not warm, because of a lack of atmosphere. I'll let you chew on that for a minute. Try to address my points and not call me any names.
                The issue is that ozone layer absorbs ultraviolet light from the sun, depletion of ozone allows greater amount of UV through. UV is bad for many reasons. The atmosphere rather than ozone is/was not being lost appreciably or to any significant degree that would replica the moon analogy.

It is nothing to do with climate change as a result of greenhouse gas emissions.
                sigpic

Comment

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▌▄──────────────────────────────▄▐
                  ▌────────────────────────────────▐
                  ▌─▄▀▀▄─▄▀▀▄─█──█─█▄──█─█▀▀▄─▄▀▀▄─▐
                  ▌─█────█──█─█──█─█─█─█─█──█─█────▐
                  ▌──▀▀▄─█──█─█──█─█─█─█─█──█──▀▀▄─▐
                  ▌────█─█──█─█──█─█─█─█─█──█────█─▐
                  ▌─▀▄▄▀─▀▄▄▀─▀▄▄▀─█──▀█─█▄▄▀─▀▄▄▀─▐
                  ▌──█────▄▀▀──▄▀▀▀▄───▀───▀▀█▀▀───▐
                  ▌──█────█────█──────▀█▀────█─────▐
                  ▌──█────█▀▀──█──▀█───█─────█─────▐
                  ▌──█────█────█───█───█─────█─────▐
                  ▌──█▄▄──▀▄▄──▀▄▄▄▀──▄█▄────█─────▐
                  ▌▀──────────────────────────────▀▐
                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Comment

Rarely do I see any scientific discussion from climate change deniers. It would be easy to reply that one persons view may be seen as simplistic is that it lacks evidence. I have deliberately attempted to reply calmly. I would like your assistance.

I do not plan to read posts in this thread. So could you or anyone else concisely list 5, 10, 20, 30 what ever number of reasons why you think climate change is not happening. I'll reply. No hysteria, no insults, no name calling, etc.

Yeah I know this is R3v, but ...
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dozyproductions View Post
                      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                      ▌▄──────────────────────────────▄▐
                      ▌─▄▀▀▄─▄▀▀▄─█──█─█▄──█─█▀▀▄─▄▀▀▄─▐
                      ▌─█────█──█─█──█─█─█─█─█──█─█────▐
                      ▌──▀▀▄─█──█─█──█─█─█─█─█──█──▀▀▄─▐
                      ▌────█─█──█─█──█─█─█─█─█──█────█─▐
                      ▌─▀▄▄▀─▀▄▄▀─▀▄▄▀─█──▀█─█▄▄▀─▀▄▄▀─▐
                      ▌──█────▄▀▀──▄▀▀▀▄───▀───▀▀█▀▀───▐
                      ▌──█────█────█──────▀█▀────█─────▐
                      ▌──█────█▀▀──█──▀█───█─────█─────▐
                      ▌──█────█────█───█───█─────█─────▐
                      ▌──█▄▄──▀▄▄──▀▄▄▄▀──▄█▄────█─────▐
                      ▌▀──────────────────────────────▀▐
                      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
                      Yeah I know this is R3v, butt ...
                      sigpic

Comment

i find it funny that people think we dont have an impact on the planet...lol anyway hottest year to date was this year. record heat index temp of 165F in iraq. as if we havent made that a hell enough. anyway it would seem smarter to assume responsibility and take action even if there is a doubt as to the actual cause and effect. we cant stop the earth from changing but we dont have to arrogantly, blindly and prematurely add to its demise.
                        Last edited by rommeldawg; 09-15-2015, 04:04 AM.

Comment

"The highest temperature ever recorded is 178 degrees Fahrenheit in Saudi Arabia in 2003."

Comment

Isolated location =/= global scale.

Comment

the funny thing is, that isn't the highest temp recorded (officially). it's still 134 degrees, recorded in 1913 in Death Valley.

if you're going to post bogus stuff, at least try to back it up with something.. not that isolated surface temps have much to do with the overall climate.
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                                the funny thing is, that isn't the highest temp recorded (officially). it's still 134 degrees, recorded in 1913 in Death Valley.

if you're going to post bogus stuff, at least try to back it up with something.. not that isolated surface temps have much to do with the overall climate.
                                It was the heat index, not actual temp

Iran city hits suffocating heat index of 165 degrees, near world record

Comment

Working...
                                X