No announcement yet.

Global Warming is over.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Human exploitation is the problem. "If I am prosperous, who cares what/who suffer"
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      You hit shift and made a {
      a few times, i've been neck-deep in python and bash all day and wanted to address Wagen's points individually. fixed :D
      past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Wanted to magnify this. Y'all can take my P&R with a grain of salt. But this is what brings us together.

THe important part, is P&R stays in P&R. Lol. You need thick skin here.

Where's mrsleeve haha.

I miss you guys. Social media killed forums.

oh boy. if that dude shows back up i can't promise i won't go weapons-hot again, but i am making a concerted effort to keep my posts reasoned and civil

tangentially, i quit facebook about a week ago because it's become even more of a toxic environment than P&R ever was
        past:
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:

Comment

I haven't signed in FB since Mar 2020. I use insta for work because that can be neutral since it's just pics and a caption. Never had any others. Most of my "posts" are helping forum peeps and sending pics of pure sexy classic BMWs to clients via phone texts. :p
          john@m20guru.com
          Links:

Comment

Actually. I take that back. I did sign up on FB many years ago as "Forced Firebird" now just use it to post on the r3v page
            john@m20guru.com
            Links:

Comment

Root cause of climate change. Hmm. If I was to approach it the way I do most things, I would say that if humanity thinks they really have a play on terraforming, I got news for you. Humans are narcissistic.
              Yup

There may be 8 billion people, but the world is widely uninhabited and vast. To think that we have that kind of affect on a planet is.. honestly unbelievable.

Believing with any kind of confidence that the science models we have today can accurately explain what is happening (in terms of climate change), let alone say that us, humans are responsible is arrogant.

The first usable temperature recording on earth were IN 1880 LOL

My gut tells me this is all just a ploy for a larger and more capable government. Especially the fact that it's brewing on the left, who is painfully obvious about striving for a larger more powerful government.

People are so brainwashed into this shit to the point that if there is an opposing idea to what they believe to be true, they'll pull their hair and scream.

If you look at the whole package that comes with the climate change progressive folks, everything they believe in. It's mostly awful lol.

Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

i spent a decade in the cdn rockies around the glaciers. they are the canary in the coal mine. the last 8yrs i was there we lost more glacier than in the previous 100yrs. we use stakes to mark where the edge was at each passing year.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

Yup

There may be 8 billion people, but the world is widely uninhabited and vast. To think that we have that kind of affect on a planet is.. honestly unbelievable.
                  uhm excuse me but what part of the world other than antarctica is uninhabited?

Explore global and country data on population growth, demography, and how this is changing.

past:
                  1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                  1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                  1985 323i baur
                  current:

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post

Explore global and country data on population growth, demography, and how this is changing.
                    Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn198sharesThis is a follow up to yesterday’s post on world population density. Several people thought the map would be more meaningful if it were done as an equal area projection. For non-map geeks, an equal area projection is a way of stretching the map so that the area of every object is proportional to its area in real […]

Meeting the needs and lifting the living standards of a large and growing world population will require higher levels of production and result in greater consumption. Without green reforms in energy, manufacturing and transport, as well as changes in human behaviour, this will place mounting pressures on the natural environment.
                    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Facebook Twitter Google+ LinkedIn198sharesThis is a follow up to yesterday’s post on world population density. Several people thought the map would be more meaningful if it were done as an equal area projection. For non-map geeks, an equal area projection is a way of stretching the map so that the area of every object is proportional to its area in real […]

https://www.un.org/en/un-chronicle/g...lion-then-what
                      okay- and how does any of that support your assertion?
                      past:
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:

Comment

8bn is a guesstimate. We can't even get the US census within 6%, so that's a margin error of almost 20m here alone. Imagine the miscounting that goes on in other countries. If we extrapolate the US error globally, that translates to almost a .5bn sway in actual numbers.

I kinda see what you are saying MrBurgundy. The world is a lot larger than perceived due to transportation and communication. If I were to walk out of my house and head due east, would would be in civilization for about an hour (~2.5miles). Then in the wilderness/glades for about 75mi with only two country roads between. But, If I go the other direction, it would be single family homes, then shopping centers, apt complexes, then more industrial, then inter-coastal and beaches, all within 10mi.

john@m20guru.com
                        Links:

Comment

okay- and how does any of that support your assertion?
                          I'm just saying that the world is massive. People are not spread out in dense numbers across the globe- not even close.. It's hard to believe that people concentrated in relatively small areas can affect an entire planets climate in an irreparable way.

Comment

antarctica has permanent settlements. i'm active on another forum that has members there.

Comment

I'm just saying that the world is massive. People are not spread out in dense numbers across the globe- not even close.. It's hard to believe that people concentrated in relatively small areas can affect an entire planets climate in an irreparable way.
                              china and india both have more than a billion citizens each. right next to each other (incidentally, with an interesting conflict zone between them that almost nobody talks about), on the same continent. that doesn't demonstrate population density?

neither country has something equivalent to our EPA. so multiply a quarter of the world's population by lack of regulation. that's the reason asia as a continent is a major contributor to the issue.

again, i'm not suggesting any of us as individuals can do anything about it, other than please don't throw a big-block chevy with a weiand blower into a diesel BMW and run it on the street just because it's smog-exempt and you can.
                              past:
                              1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                              1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                              1985 323i baur
                              current:

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post

antarctica has permanent settlements. i'm active on another forum that has members there.
                                arite you got me. i did love reading that "bigdeadplace" blog before the dude monetized it by turning it into a book. but the discussion here is about populations at scale and how that contributes to climate change, not a few villiages like McMurdo on the ice.

having to hike a few more hundred more meters up the hill every year to set another marker must have been some shit, though, so respect for doing that field work.
                                past:
                                1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                                1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                                1985 323i baur
                                current:

Comment

Working...
                                X