Trump Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cale View Post
    The zip code in which you grow up in will he a huge determinant for how successful in life you'll be, fix the regional issues which see certain groups more affected by a lack of a future than others.
    That may have been true in the past, but no longer true today because of ubiquitous information technology. Even people in shithole areas today have smartphones with 4G LTE and thus have access to a wealth of online information on how to get ahead and be successful in life (whatever the hell that’s considered to be). The problem, most of the time barring a few exceptions, is that THEY don’t want to make the necessary lifestyle changes to put themselves in a better position.
    1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
    1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

Imagine being privileged enough to spout off the amazing opportunities 4g LTE provides when the kids in question grow up in broken homes and don't even have two parents around to teach them how to behave as responsible citizens. The statistic for 2015 is 77% of black children are born to unwed mothers, and only 38% of black kids grow up with both parents, half that of white kids. Never mind the statistics of kids in metropolitan areas who are even more heavily hit by the shitty end of the disparity stick.

But sure, "THEY" just don't want to make changes, they're just lazy. If you're naive enough to think everyone develops the same critical thinking skills and ability to make rational decisions despite glaring differences in influences growing up, you're probably not cut out to meaningfully contribute to this conversation.

Comment

what are you trying to say cale?

Comment

Originally posted by ZeKahr View Post

That may have been true in the past, but no longer true today because of ubiquitous information technology. Even people in shithole areas today have smartphones with 4G LTE and thus have access to a wealth of online information on how to get ahead and be successful in life (whatever the hell that’s considered to be). The problem, most of the time barring a few exceptions, is that THEY don’t want to make the necessary lifestyle changes to put themselves in a better position.
          Gosh, I totally disagree. I mean, I couldn't disagree more. Having a "smartphone" sure doesn't make you smart. Quite the opposite! The internet can lead you down whatever rabbit hole *you* choose to take it. What a distraction it can be. And when you use THEY and also said "people in shithole areas" it reminds me of a very bad influence and terrible role model: Donald Trump / "people in shithole countries"

We don't need smartphones, we need good mentors and moms and dads with stable, healthy lives, access to solid jobs and a safe environment. It's all about strong families and communities that actually give a damn about each other.

1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
            what are you trying to say cale?
            That predominantly black communities are disproportionately affected by aggressive policing, unfair social programs and support, as well as poor family dynamics which are the result of decades if not centuries of inequality and being treated like garbage. It's easy to say "but they're criminals" and ignore the elephant in the room that is a system which has enabled it.

Comment

You're kidding right? There still tons of places without any broadband access or good cell coverage, and the only choice here (cable) is extremely expensive. On the reservation near me, something like 75% of the families have no internet access at all, hell many of them don't even have a phone number (landline or otherwise). Those kids are screwed before they even have a chance to fail or succeed based on their own merit.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I am relatively new to Los Angeles after relocating for work a couple years ago; I work in Architecture & Building but in the past have also worked in Urban Planning. I've only recently been learning about the history and planning of the freeways here in LA -- and they are in many ways enormous monuments to racism. And when you really start to research highway building in this country, L.A. is in no way alone in this regard. Attaching an interesting summary for you:
                Spewing carbon monoxide across L.A. on the freeway system feeds into a pot of racism and segregation that’s been stewing for nearly a century.
                1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

There's no denying that black people got fucked hard and long in this country, and frankly the more I think about how much help native americans get (free healthcare and college) I think there is an argument for doing the same for black people. I don't know the whole story of the civil rights movement but it's easy to forget that it wasn't until the 1960s (when my parents were kids) that things started getting better. This madtv skit always gets me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUPypNlign0

However, despite everything it's still hard to maintain any sympathy for the plight of black people in these modern times. I don't buy the zip code claim at all. It's junk values and a crumbling family that destroy a person. I grew up in a nice middle-upper class zip code, pretty much 100% white. I know plenty of people that grew up rich, but a combination of slacking off and having a messed up family led them to struggling as adults. Wealth doesn't transfer from generation to generation as well as values do.

So, what are white people supposed to do about the problems in the black community - single motherhood, kids blowing off education, and violent crime? I see all those problems as the result of junk values. Asian Americans and other immigrants don't have those problems. And then when I see black people burning shit down, looting TVs and sneakers, and making music that glorifies fucking, weed, and being a hoodrich gangsta... yeah, fuck off with that. Seriously, what am I supposed to think?!
                  My Feedback

Comment

That predominantly black communities are disproportionately affected by aggressive policing, unfair social programs and support, as well as poor family dynamics which are the result of decades if not centuries of inequality and being treated like garbage. It's easy to say "but they're criminals" and ignore the elephant in the room that is a system which has enabled it.
                    i disagree with you on that. i have a mean looking face and the fact i don't get treated nicely because it looks like i'm pissed all the time
                    isn't why i left my baby mama and smoke crack and can't hold down a job so i steal cars for money. that's on me.
                    guess i'm a piece of shit but i'm not going to blame that on the fact people cross the street when they see me walking down it.

Comment

Originally posted by E30 Wagen View Post
                      I see all those problems as the result of junk values.
                      na man. it's because they're black. how else are they supposed to live? rolleyesemoticon.

the real racists are the sjw ppl that think that way. racist as fuck.

Comment

Imagine being privileged enough to spout off the amazing opportunities 4g LTE provides when the kids in question grow up in broken homes and don't even have two parents around to teach them how to behave as responsible citizens. The statistic for 2015 is 77% of black children are born to unwed mothers, and only 38% of black kids grow up with both parents, half that of white kids. Never mind the statistics of kids in metropolitan areas who are even more heavily hit by the shitty end of the disparity stick.

But sure, "THEY" just don't want to make changes, they're just lazy. If you're naive enough to think everyone develops the same critical thinking skills and ability to make rational decisions despite glaring differences in influences growing up, you're probably not cut out to meaningfully contribute to this conversation.
                        Oops, how did I overlook this post? Anyway, you need to elaborate on what this "system" is that continues to enable black men abandoning their baby mamas. We can all agree that black kids growing up without two parents is a major social problem, but then you're saying it's white people's fault? Um, bullshit. When white men abandon their baby mamas you get the same result, so who's to blame there?
                        My Feedback

Comment

So, what are white people supposed to do about the problems in the black community - single motherhood, kids blowing off education, and violent crime? I see all those problems as the result of junk values. Asian Americans and other immigrants don't have those problems. And then when I see black people burning shit down, looting TVs and sneakers, and making music that glorifies fucking, weed, and being a hoodrich gangsta... yeah, fuck off with that. Seriously, what am I supposed to think?!
                          THIS. My best friend, who is black, grew up in a solid middle class family in a quiet middle class neighborhood, with both parents present. And even then my friend and his younger brother glorify the "hood n***a" lifestyle. My friend literally goes to the shithole cities in my state to buy drugs and tries to downplay how bad they are. His younger brother got involved in peddling drugs during high school and at one point tried stealing his dad's gun (and got a well deserved ass whoppin). It's the culture and societal programming (especially among the youth) that creates these problems.

This disparity between blacks and Asian culture isn't just present in America, but worldwide. Post WWII, Southeast Asia and Africa were both shitholes that had been plundered by the Europeans for decades. What have the Southeast Asians done over the past 60-70 years? They worked very hard to rebuild their civilizations to a point that some parts of Southeast Asia are now starting to surpass America and Europe in economic opportunities, freedom, and living standards! What have the Africans done? Create corrupt ineffective governments, fight with each other, steal each other's resources, and allow themselves to wallow in shitholedom (sound familiar?). The Southeast Asians want success bad, the Africans don't. The Africans literally need countries like China to show them how it do.

Originally posted by phillipj
                          I am relatively new to Los Angeles after relocating for work a couple years ago; I work in Architecture & Building but in the past have also worked in Urban Planning. I've only recently been learning about the history and planning of the freeways here in LA -- and they are in many ways enormous monuments to racism. And when you really start to research highway building in this country, L.A. is in no way alone in this regard. Attaching an interesting summary for you:

L.A. freeways are the most racist California monuments - Los Angeles Times
                          https://www.latimes.com
                          Spewing carbon monoxide across L.A. on the freeway system feeds into a pot of racism and segregation that’s been stewing for nearly a century.
                          Wow these people are really getting upset over racism that happened 70+ years ago? No wonder LA (along with the rest of SoCal) is rapidly turning into a shithole. These people have zero problem solving ability and instead want to throw emotional tantrums over something that happened DECADES ago.
                          1986 325e Schwarz (sold)
                          1989 325iX Alpineweiß​ (daily)

Greed is Good

Comment

Wow these people are really getting upset over racism that happened 70+ years ago? No wonder LA (along with the rest of SoCal) is rapidly turning into a shithole. These people have zero problem solving ability and instead want to throw emotional tantrums over something that happened DECADES ago.
                            Put yourself in the shoes of a black person reading that article and how can you not get really upset by it? It's blatantly racist shit like that which blocked the economic advancement of black people in this country and arguably deserves them some form of recompense. The problem is that it feels like too much time has passed since then for our current generation to pay for it, and that, at least in my opinion, many of the social problems they have today are not the fault of white people at all.
                            My Feedback

Comment

Oops, how did I overlook this post? Anyway, you need to elaborate on what this "system" is that continues to enable black men abandoning their baby mamas. We can all agree that black kids growing up without two parents is a major social problem, but then you're saying it's white people's fault? Um, bullshit. When white men abandon their baby mamas you get the same result, so who's to blame there?
                              Looking at the outcome and thinking that lets you understand the causes is cute. Spew a few stereotypes that you think are sticking points while ignoring generations of inequality founded on institutionalized racism, literal regulation that said black man =/= white man.

You're grossly ignorant to history.

Comment

In the 60s black kids were were experiencing single parent homes at 22% percent... IN THE 60s...

Then the Great Society Act game into play and that 22% skyrocketed to 70%

The government funding of broken families created a total shit show...

The only thing systemic is shitty dem policies that perpetuate these disparities.

Then dems say you need more government to fix your problems. LOL

God, some of you guys are claiming others are ignorant to history while you yourself are.... ignorant to history...
                                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                                X