New 15x8 wheel coming!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Knockenwelle View Post
    There are only a few 225/45s in existence, and the 225/50s are all around 28.5" overall diameter. I wanted to stay down in the 26" range.
    A 225/50r15 is 24" diameter.
    1973 Bavaria

Comment

I got the word from somebody who contacted TR that despite having a lot of room in its perimeter, the wheel has a glitch in the center, near the hub. The spokes, near the hub are seem to be portruding and touching calipers from a 15" BBK. I asked to get a profile from the 15" x 8" wheel(s), and check by myself.

Lee
      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

225/50/15 should fit fine and should be in the 23.5-23.9in range, and I know they will fit with slightly rolling the fenders on lowered e30's.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/657387

Comment

Yep, you're right on the rolling diameters. I was going from memory. At any rate, the difference was almost 2"

Lee- I'm using stock calipers with Brembo blanks for now. Shouldn't be a problem, right? I know I'll need bigger wheels for bigger brakes.

I'm hoping 225s will fit with no fender modication with -3 deg camber and coilovers. I can already fit almost 3 fingers between the tire and the fender with 205s...
          sigpic

Mike

'91 325i track car. Mostly...

Comment

Lee- I'm using stock calipers with Brembo blanks for now. Shouldn't be a problem, right? I know I'll need bigger wheels for bigger brakes.
            I think that stock brakes will work allright.

massivebrakes.com

Comment

There are only a few 225/45s in existence, and the 225/50s are all around 28.5" overall diameter. I wanted to stay down in the 26" range.

Oh, and markseven, mine's a red 91i, with an iS lip too. Hehehe...
              Where are you seeing this data? most any 225/50-15 will be 24" or less diameter.
              Build : Das Drehmoment Ungeheuer

Comment

225mm at 50 ratio is 112.5mm per shoulder x 2 = 225mm of shoulder (top and bottom).

If 25.4mm = 1" ---ยป then 225mm = 8.86"

Therefore a 225.50.15 tire will have the theorical height of 15" + 8.86" = 23.86"

Following the same calculus, a 225.45.15 tire is 22.97" tall

massivebrakes.com

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post
                  225mm at 50 ratio is 112.5mm per shoulder x 2 = 225mm of shoulder (top and bottom).

Therefore a 225.50.15 tire will have the theorical height of 15" + 8.86" = 23.86"

I was wondering when some1 would post this...figures it would be Lee!!!!

Ive met many many dudes that "know" cars...and could never do this math.
                  I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
                    I was wondering when some1 would post this...figures it would be Lee!!!!

Ive met many many dudes that "know" cars...and could never do this math.
                    that's because most people think the aspect ratio is a direct measurement in MM.
                    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by Massive Lee View Post

now if only the tire manufactures followed this.

always check manufacturer spec as there are many variances even with in the same brand across models. Width & diameter varies quite a bit
                      Build : Das Drehmoment Ungeheuer

Comment

Originally posted by GotCone? View Post
                        now if only the tire manufactures followed this.

always check manufacturer spec as there are many variances even with in the same brand across models. Width & diameter varies quite a bit
                        Yup, like Hoosier R6 225 = Victoracer v700 245 in tread width.

It all depends what the manufacturer considers "usable tread". I guess Kumho thinks the sidewalls are part of the tread, and Hoosier thinks the tread stops 1/2" before the edge of the tire...
                        85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
                        e30 restoration and V8 swap
                        24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

whatever happend to these wheels.. will they be available in gold.

Comment

I've not kept up with checking on these as it's been so long. I believe they are soon to be available though, I received a pic of a real wheel that has arrived but not sure on how many and what sizes might be available. Tire Rack site says 12/24, best bet is to call them. You can ask for Bernie if you don't have a contact.

They will not be available in gold. Unless something changes I'm pretty sure they are only coming in the carbon gray.

Cheers.
                            Jack Money
                            http://www.Elephant Motorsports.com

>> AST 4100 for BMW E30 $1649 <<

AST Monotube Dampers and Coilover Kits - Full Service Dealer
                            Schroth Safety Products Distributor

BMW Replacement Parts - 24/7 Secure Online Ordering

Comment

Looks nice!
                              Attached Files
                              89 325is track project / 05 x5 / 99 M3
                              E30 stuff for sale | Parts I'm looking for

Comment

glad these are finally coming. tks jack for getting this going.
                                '12 F30 328i Sport Line
                                '91 SpecE30 #523
                                '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

Working...
                                X