This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
    San Jose State for two years to finish my undergrad. Ive already done my General eds at community college

Cool man, I'm at SJSU as well. I commute to school but there's plenty of car enthusiasts there to befriend haha

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
      Cool man, I'm at SJSU as well. I commute to school but there's plenty of car enthusiasts there to befriend haha

Sweet I've heard good and bad but mostly good, I will be bringing my car with me so hopefully I will have some friends already lol
      88 325is Five Speed
      Lachssilber

Comment

Originally posted by JeLani View Post
        16x? Tires really good. Won't get rid of til i find tires & adaptors for my rc090's

Sent from my payphone using Tapatalk

I have 2 18mm 4x100 - 5x120 adapters from 42 Draft Designs. 18mm is the thinnest available. They are $200 new for a pair but I have them on Craigslist for $180. They have only been mounted for a test fit. Pm me if you're interested

Comment

Originally posted by phreshkid View Post
          Buy the real one. Don't be a cheapskate with an is-lip. Just ask Abdu about real is-lips and what they can endure.
          Thats pretty much the plan, I remember hearing stories about them getting run over and not breaking. Im pretty sure these were the OEM ones
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            Thats pretty much the plan, I remember hearing stories about them getting run over and not breaking. Im pretty sure these were the OEM ones

I have Oem is lip from when it was 79 dollars which was only like a year ago and added the splitter. It has been ran over, I have ripped it off from pot holes, etc. and it's still in one piece. Just have a lot of OEM clips that breaks so I just take it off, replace the clips and done. People with the aftermarket cannot say the same. The splitter has also has nothing but rash from the road.

Comment

I have had my is lip, for about 9 out of 10 years, of e30 ownership.
              All I can tell you is, that I have ran over it at least a dozen times. 1 of those times, was on the 405 at 3:30am,. I circled back around and picked it up with all it's battle wounds but, still survived.
              OEM is the way to go, I have an aftermarket one just for kicks but, I think I'm gonna sell it and just buy a new OEM one as a back up soon.
              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Awesome, thanks guys. Im not worried about running this thing over, but I will get an OEM one just because it seems worth the money.
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Which is the smallest brake booster of these?
                  Suzuki swift
                  Golf mk2
                  Renault clio
                  Audi 1.8t
                  Or is there something smaller? Future engine swap and looking for clearance.
                  Originally posted by dvck
                  I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Enlighten the new kid; is this is-lip only found on late models?

Currently building a badass coffee table
                    Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Comment

Is that top one a 318? San diego? I saw him at my work once then lol.

1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
                        1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                        Roundie alpina pig cheek’d (1969)
                        1967 2002 parts car
                        1994 318iS junked.

Comment

So a lip and a splitter are not the same thing... the lip is a lower/vertical extension of the valance.

I had a hard enough time learning that my early model's valance is hidden behind the air dam, whereas the late model's valance is exposed under the bumper. I have that right?

Currently building a badass coffee table
                          Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                            So a lip and a splitter are not the same thing... the lip is a lower/vertical extension of the valance.

I had a hard enough time learning that my early model's valance is hidden behind the air dam, whereas the late model's valance is exposed under the bumper. I have that right?
                            Right. The early air dam completely transformed the front end of early cars while the later model iS lip was just a little extension. It didn't make that big of a difference.
                            "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                            88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                            89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                            91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post

Is that why my 'ES' without the diving board valance still has a valance underneath? Or did my PO decide to take the diving boards and throw on this normal 325/e valance?

In that case i needa hurry up and finish prepping this thing!

1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
                              1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                              Roundie alpina pig cheek’d (1969)
                              1967 2002 parts car
                              1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Hola.

I live in Culver City, and I'm lurking here and on some E36 forums, shopping for a new daily/track car.

E30 with S50/2 has caught my attention. My brother had an E30 325is back in the day, and I learned how stout they really are when I off-roaded one over a mountain, in NV.

My fear of the E36 interior, which seems as stout as a Jenga game on a cruise ship, as pushed me away from one of my favorite body styles ever. I had wandered over to shopping for an IS300 to mod, and then found these little beauties.

Amazing that the body of the E30 makes it look like a very short car, and yet the WB is in that perfect 100+ spot.

Anyway, hello.

Comment

Working...
                                X