Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the best way to see what the junkyards have without going to all the junkyards
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
      Whats the best way to see what the junkyards have without going to all the junkyards
      Each of the lkq websites have an inventory page that is pretty up to date but they might be stripped down to the shell.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
        What do you need? I can sell you a new Hemi if you need.
        Sounds tempting haha
        I need someone to check out my dads truck, its been running a little rough lately. Maintenance was done to it not long ago.
        Originally posted by dvck
        I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

A new hemi is only about $5k with about 2 more Gees to spend on externals and manifold. ;)
          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            LKQ Pick Your Part is North America’s largest auto recycler and salvage yard. With over 70 junk yards nationwide, LKQ Pick Your Part has the largest selection of OEM used auto parts, both foreign and domestic, at a cheap price.

Make an account, add junkyards that you're interested in (e.g. all the SoCal LKQ's) to your list, then add a car to your garage. That will search all your added junkyards for that car. You can also set up text/email alerts. When you get the alert you can head straight to the junkyard (if you can) and be one of the first ones there. For example, this morning a 1985 325e was just planted in the yard at LKQ Wilmington. I got an alert before and I was the third person to the car, and everything was still on the car.

There's also a phone app to make it easier to navigate.

Comment

Hey guys, quick question. I finally bought a cage so that means no more rear seats for me. I was driving around yesterday and noticed there's a whining noise in the rear. It becomes audible around 40 mph and it's speed-based, not RPM-based and along with this, the rear feels a bit clunkier than normal. I know more passenger side axle needs to be replaced soon, could this be the cause of the noise or could it just be a wheel bearing?

Comment

Maybe your diff is little low on fluid.

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                  Maybe your diff is little low on fluid.
                  Might be, what diff fluid do you recommend I put in? I've never touched the diff other than installing it so I'm not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Narek View Post
                    Hey guys, quick question. I finally bought a cage so that means no more rear seats for me. I was driving around yesterday and noticed there's a whining noise in the rear. It becomes audible around 40 mph and it's speed-based, not RPM-based and along with this, the rear feels a bit clunkier than normal. I know more passenger side axle needs to be replaced soon, could this be the cause of the noise or could it just be a wheel bearing?

I had the same issue + on lower speeds especially through parking structures rights and lefts. Changed the diff clutches, dog ears and fresh fluid(redline). No more noise, better slippage/grip.

Some might say you don’t need redline and gear oil is fine. Tried regular gear oil on my last 3.73(s), same issue till i put redline. Not a placebo.

Comment

That's good to know Jay., I'm still in the process of changing my diff, so red line is what I'm gonna use.

Comment

This is the recommended oil for the LSD: https://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin...ion=83522-5790

Annoyingly, mine needed two bottles, but only a little bit of the second one. Don't forget a pump!

Currently building a badass coffee table
                        Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Sup guys! Does anyone know of any good bodyshops in the San Diego area. I got a fleabay evo wing for my e30 that needs painting, whats a good place to have it prepped and painted in San Diego without braking the bank?
                          First e30 - 1991 318i 4 door

Comment

Currently building a badass coffee table
                            Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Originally posted by z28 View Post
                              Sup guys! Does anyone know of any good bodyshops in the San Diego area. I got a fleabay evo wing for my e30 that needs painting, whats a good place to have it prepped and painted in San Diego without braking the bank?
                              Shop down in National City does good cheap work, can't remember the name. Send me a PM with your phone number and I'll get it for you tomorrow
                              Continuous For Sale Thread
                              323i s50

Comment

Merry christmas ladies!
                                Originally posted by dvck
                                I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Working...
                                X