Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SoCal General Chat

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Simon; I saw at least a dz. e30s, done up way better than that girl owner e23.
    In any case, we all know the e30 hardly gets any consideration at SoCal vintage, but it's still a nice show to attend.

    Oh and I'm jealous you got to sit in that thing., looks cool AF.
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

    Comment


      Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
      Simon; I saw at least a dz. e30s, done up way better than that girl owner e23.
      In any case, we all know the e30 hardly gets any consideration at SoCal vintage, but it's still a nice show to attend.

      Oh and I'm jealous you got to sit in that thing., looks cool AF.
      yes E30s are just "vintage" not a classic like the rest...

      BTW for those wondering or want tp see an awesome video about that Ferrari go here : https://youtu.be/ttl-kF8Rbuo
      Simon
      Current Car:
      -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
      -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



      Make R3V Great Again -2020

      Comment


        Simon, you mean "classic" not vintage, right? anyway Fred Larimer's M3 won best 3 series and the guy with the Rocket Bunny 91 318i won for best modified so two E30's won awards.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

        85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

        Comment


          Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
          Simon, you mean "classic" not vintage, right? anyway Fred Larimer's M3 won best 3 series and the guy with the Rocket Bunny 91 318i won for best modified so two E30's won awards.
          Not hating but let's be honest, that rocket bunny car it's still just looks. Nothing under the hood that is impressive (interior is still a bland, beige in color *stock*) your e30 M3s are clean AF too, yet you couldn't touch Fred's M3 in qualifications WTF?..........

          The contest isa little bias if you ask me.
          @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

          Comment


            Rocket Bunny E30 powered by a M42 ... won an award... uhh huh
            Simon
            Current Car:
            -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
            -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



            Make R3V Great Again -2020

            Comment


              I learned a long time ago that Socal Vintage isn't too hip on E30's based on the previous winners. You guys already know I don't do this for awards although some recognition would be nice but only true E30 afficionados seem to appreciate my cars. I think most can't appreciate the little details if they don't know they exist which is why people bring their own articles and build sheets. Like for instance, there were 2!!! super clean Macau blue M technic convertibles there and a couple of M tech 1's. That's crazy. I also think it's funny that the two E30's that won awards happen to be right next to each other in the very front row.
              Last edited by reelizmpro; 11-05-2018, 01:03 PM.
              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

              85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

              Comment


                Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                I learned a long time ago that Socal Vintage isn't too hip on E30's based on the previous winners. You guys already know I don't do this for awards although some recognition would be nice but only true E30 afficionados seem to appreciate my cars. I think most can't appreciate the little details if they don't know they exist which is why people bring their own articles and build sheets. Like for instance, there were 2!!! super clean Macau blue M technic convertibles there and a couple of M tech 1's. That's crazy. I also think it's funny that the two E30's that won awards happen to be right next to each other in the very front row.

                VINTA-GAZI? I can smell it down here in the south bay today.
                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

                Comment


                  Hi gais

                  "Hard Work Pays Off"



                  1991-bmw 325i (R3vvd)
                  1990- 325 (mpowa)(GC)(track)(beast)
                  1988- 528e (daily driven when track car broken)

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Kev View Post
                    Hi gais
                    Hi
                    Simon
                    Current Car:
                    -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
                    -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                    Make R3V Great Again -2020

                    Comment


                      so when do the mosquitos go away?

                      Comment


                        lol i was wondering the same. ^
                        been getting colder and they are still buzzing around

                        Comment


                          Hey guys any recommendations for a shop to resurface an m52 head or maybe 2. Possibly balance a rotating assembly too but the head is most important. I can find one but I’d rather use one that’s active or supports the e30 community.


                          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                          Comment


                            Bimmerheads
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
                              Bimmerheads

                              Comment


                                Any tattoo artists out here? Theres something fun brewing in the Nonsense thread and if we have a local guy (or at least a solid connection) we might have another COKGBLR situation
                                Simon
                                Current Car:
                                -2017 i3 REx, 21st Century E30
                                -1975 Alfa Romeo Giulia Nuova Super 1300, the never-ending name & project



                                Make R3V Great Again -2020

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X