Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simon; I saw at least a dz. e30s, done up way better than that girl owner e23.
    In any case, we all know the e30 hardly gets any consideration at SoCal vintage, but it's still a nice show to attend.

Oh and I'm jealous you got to sit in that thing., looks cool AF.
    @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
      Simon; I saw at least a dz. e30s, done up way better than that girl owner e23.
      In any case, we all know the e30 hardly gets any consideration at SoCal vintage, but it's still a nice show to attend.

Oh and I'm jealous you got to sit in that thing., looks cool AF.
      yes E30s are just "vintage" not a classic like the rest...

BTW for those wondering or want tp see an awesome video about that Ferrari go here : https://youtu.be/ttl-kF8Rbuo
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Simon, you mean "classic" not vintage, right? anyway Fred Larimer's M3 won best 3 series and the guy with the Rocket Bunny 91 318i won for best modified so two E30's won awards.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
          Simon, you mean "classic" not vintage, right? anyway Fred Larimer's M3 won best 3 series and the guy with the Rocket Bunny 91 318i won for best modified so two E30's won awards.
          Not hating but let's be honest, that rocket bunny car it's still just looks. Nothing under the hood that is impressive (interior is still a bland, beige in color *stock*) your e30 M3s are clean AF too, yet you couldn't touch Fred's M3 in qualifications WTF?..........

The contest isa little bias if you ask me.

Comment

Rocket Bunny E30 powered by a M42 ... won an award... uhh huh
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

I learned a long time ago that Socal Vintage isn't too hip on E30's based on the previous winners. You guys already know I don't do this for awards although some recognition would be nice but only true E30 afficionados seem to appreciate my cars. I think most can't appreciate the little details if they don't know they exist which is why people bring their own articles and build sheets. Like for instance, there were 2!!! super clean Macau blue M technic convertibles there and a couple of M tech 1's. That's crazy. I also think it's funny that the two E30's that won awards happen to be right next to each other in the very front row.
              Last edited by reelizmpro; 11-05-2018, 01:03 PM.
              "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
                I learned a long time ago that Socal Vintage isn't too hip on E30's based on the previous winners. You guys already know I don't do this for awards although some recognition would be nice but only true E30 afficionados seem to appreciate my cars. I think most can't appreciate the little details if they don't know they exist which is why people bring their own articles and build sheets. Like for instance, there were 2!!! super clean Macau blue M technic convertibles there and a couple of M tech 1's. That's crazy. I also think it's funny that the two E30's that won awards happen to be right next to each other in the very front row.

VINTA-GAZI? I can smell it down here in the south bay today.

Comment

Hi gais

"Hard Work Pays Off"

1991-bmw 325i (R3vvd)
                  1990- 325 (mpowa)(GC)(track)(beast)
                  1988- 528e (daily driven when track car broken)

Comment

Originally posted by Kev View Post
                    Hi gais
                    Hi
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

so when do the mosquitos go away?

Comment

lol i was wondering the same. ^
                        been getting colder and they are still buzzing around

Comment

Hey guys any recommendations for a shop to resurface an m52 head or maybe 2. Possibly balance a rotating assembly too but the head is most important. I can find one but I’d rather use one that’s active or supports the e30 community.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bimmerheads
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by glnr13 View Post
                              Bimmerheads

Comment

Any tattoo artists out here? Theres something fun brewing in the Nonsense thread and if we have a local guy (or at least a solid connection) we might have another COKGBLR situation
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X