Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the power steering, I see the reservoir, is that the pump too? Can I just remove that or will it fug stuff up?
    sigpic
    -Sean : 91 Calypso 325i : Castro Motorsports SoCal Spec E30 #33

Comment

Originally posted by howdyhoayman View Post
      I work every single day of the week so I can't risk taking my car apart and then not be able to put it back together, I just can't. You don't know if I attempt to do anything or not so don't fucking tell me I don't, I try and see of there's a diy for things and if I feel that I can't do the job, I won't do the fucking job. That's when I consult you guys. Just cause a certain job is easy for you doesn't mean its easy for me, I didn't grow up around working on cars, I barely got into them before I bought my e30 so I'm literally a noob to everything. If you don't wanna help me with shit, don't. I didn't ask for your opinion. And to those who do help me regularly and every once in awhile, thanks.
      preach it sistah!!
      '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
      '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Originally posted by FlexdXJ
      Is that thing on air?

Comment

Originally posted by mammoth_e30 View Post
        morning peeps.

Anyone have a pilot bearing puller I may borrow?
        bump no homo

Originally posted by Cha Ching View Post
        Bee-rent, what are you up to today?!?!
        Searching for parts between phone calls, emails, meetings blah. outta here in 15min.

Originally posted by mkcman17 View Post
        i haven't looked yet. but i just realized that my walk across campus is 1.2 miles each way. wtf.
        no skateboard, roller blades or scooter?

Comment

Originally posted by howdyhoayman View Post
          I work every single day of the week so I can't risk taking my car apart and then not be able to put it back together, I just can't. You don't know if I attempt to do anything or not so don't fucking tell me I don't, I try and see of there's a diy for things and if I feel that I can't do the job, I won't do the fucking job. That's when I consult you guys. Just cause a certain job is easy for you doesn't mean its easy for me, I didn't grow up around working on cars, I barely got into them before I bought my e30 so I'm literally a noob to everything. If you don't wanna help me with shit, don't. I didn't ask for your opinion. And to those who do help me regularly and every once in awhile, thanks.
          :bow:

Comment

Originally posted by priapism View Post
            For the power steering, I see the reservoir, is that the pump too? Can I just remove that or will it fug stuff up?
            The reservoir is up by the top near the brake fluid reservoir.

The pump is down by your steering rack on the driver's side. It's in between the tire and oil pan. If you remove the reservoir without bleeding the system you'll be pushing against the fluid every time you turn and it will be much harder than an empty system.
            Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

Originally posted by blackhawkimpact View Post
              Have the same howling/whooing noise. I think it's my diff though cuz the noise is coming from the back
              Noise is definitely coming from the front

Originally posted by Kev View Post
              Possibly wheel bearing.. jack up side that makes the noise and check it
              Or diff
              Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
              i think wheel bearing too.
              I just replaced it with a brand new wheel bearing about 4-5 months ago.

Comment

Does 98 e36 M3 steering rack fit on e30?

Comment

Does 98 e36 M3 steering rack fit on e30?
                  yes

Comment

$120 with 45k cheap?

Comment

just the rack no rods or anything else?

Comment

Rack and hoses. Tie rod end were cut off

Comment

Damn you ebay!!!
                          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
                          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Rack and hoses. Tie rod end were cut off
                            Haha. Niiice.

If u ever feel like doing a e36 rack swap

This will definitely help. I'm in the middle of one. Waiting on my specialty parts.
                            '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
                            '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Is that thing on air?

Comment

Originally posted by einstein57 View Post
                              I want to do that badly but I don't have the funds.
                              Das ist nicht nur nicht richtig, es ist nicht einmal falsch!

Comment

I just found out that the spacers that BMA supplied (ordered from BMW) are no longer available to do the e36 rack swap. Does anybody know how I can eliminate the space created by the smaller mounting position on the e36 rack? And if anybody knows where aside from BMA i can buy the spacers for modifying the knuckle or if someone just sells a modified knuckle as a bundle? Nigel don't get any ideas.
                                '89 Delphin 2.8 Cabrio
                                '94 Yamaha FZR 600

Is that thing on air?

Comment

Working...
                                X