• Show
Clear All

:rofl: thats awesome
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I keep getting flashed for my low beams on my e30....... And I just had someone I was driving behind (in a Ford f250 mind you) complain that my headlights are super bright. I have cibie headlights with 55w h1 bulbs in them. I just adjusted them and maybe I adjusted them too high? I was getting flashed before with led bulbs though so this isn't anything new. Oh well. At least I can see while driving unlike every other BMW I've owned with American headlights.
      Last edited by Luke Girard; 01-10-2018, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Did you guys know the 99cent store sells a beer called beer 30?
        i was told it tastes like shit but it's 59cents a can.

Comment

I need to get this 5speed swap done... I keep day dreaming about clownshoes hahah
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Girard View Post
            I keep getting flashed for my low beams on my e30....... And I just had someone I was driving behind (in a Ford f250 mind you) complain that my headlights are super bright. I have cibie headlights with 55w h1 bulbs in them. I just adjusted them and maybe I adjusted them too high? I was getting flashed before with led bulbs though so this isn't anything new. Oh well. At least I can see while driving unlike every other BMW I've owned with American headlights.
            Happens to me sometimes even with the morimoto minis with a properly adjusted cutoff. Theyre just being babies...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
            '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
            Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
              Happens to me sometimes even with the morimoto minis with a properly adjusted cutoff. Theyre just being babies...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
              I like that answer =)

Comment

My son bottomed out his 88 the other day as he hydroplaned to a street divider. His valance is shit and broke something in the suspension, the rebuilding starts this weekend. I'm glad not damage to the oil pan but his rock guard broke and his valance was pushed in pretty bad. Hopefully once we take it apart it wont be too much damage other than the cosmetic.
                I am not sick, I am twisted. Sick makes it sound like there is a cure.

1991 318is Diamantschwarz Metallic
                1989 325i Alpine White

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  I need to get this 5speed swap done... I keep day dreaming about clownshoes hahah

Do it! No one should have to suffer with an autotragic e30 :(

Last edited by TheRob; 01-12-2018, 09:10 AM.

Comment

How hard is it to replace the fuel line that goes from the filler neck to the tank? It leaks a lot whenever I pump :/.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRob View Post

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...456926836.html
                      I have about half of the parts. The new owner of my old E30 plans to go 6speed soon so at that point I will be buying back my G260 and driveshaft. He has already done some work on the driveshaft itself because it was showing signs of wear. This way I get to buy parts that are known good used items and I get to support my old car. win win

plus I still need to take my flywheel to get it cleaned up. baby steps.
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by E30_Narek View Post
                        How hard is it to replace the fuel line that goes from the filler neck to the tank? It leaks a lot whenever I pump :/.

Are you talkin about the fat one towards the right of the pic?

I changed it with the tank on. Hardest parts was breaking the old one away from the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by mbonanni View Post
                          Are you talkin about the fat one towards the right of the pic?

I changed it with the tank on. Hardest parts was breaking the old one away from the tank.
                          Yeah I'm pretty sure it's that. All I know for sure is that there's a leak whenever I fill up haha

Comment

When I was driving up a mountain yesterday, my car had a severe stumbling problem. Like, power would randomly cut out while I had my foot on the gas. Seemed to me like a fuel delivery problem. At the top, when I got out of the car, it smelled a bit like gas. I went to open my gas cap, and it forced pressure on the cap as I twisted it. Weird! I had filled up the tank before driving up the mountain, so it couldn't be a starvation problem. The in-line fuel pump is exceptionally loud. I replaced that several years ago, but maybe that's the problem?

I recently passed smog and replaced the usual wear items and fluids, so I'm not concerned with those components. The stumbling problem seems so random; although occurs only in upper RPMs under load.... except when it had little hiccups cruising on the freeway to the mountain.

Unrelated, but I did find tiny metal shavings last time I changed my oil.

Currently building a badass coffee table
                            Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Metal deposits, somewhat normal.
                              Loss of power, I would go with AFM or CPS Brown.
                              The gas pressure is a bit trippy to diagnose, as I've never seen or heard of that before.
                              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by TheRob View Post

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/sf...456926836.html
                                I'm not suffering. I have been driving my E30 for 17 years now with a semiautomatic ;). Traffic driving is great !
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Working...
                                X