This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by earthwormjim View Post
    Mine should be next year, looking forward to it, considering the ordeal DMV put me through for the wagon.

At least you know it’s passed the tailpipe already, and recently. I bought my car ~18 months ago and I’m not sure if the way they passed it was legit or not. I don’t think it has a dirty history so I’m not sure why I have to go to a star station...

BTW big thanks to Marco. He hooked up with the metal I needed and it worked out great. Still have some holes to drilled

Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

just taking the e30 to smog is a pain in the butt just because you never know if your e30 will pass smog or the range numbers keep getting smaller

Comment

Every time i take the e30 smogs it's to a star

Comment

I’ll have to put the stock chip back in. I don’t have stock injectors but I think my 19# at 3bar are pretty damn close to the stock ones. We’ll see
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            I’ll have to put the stock chip back in. I don’t have stock injectors but I think my 19# at 3bar are pretty damn close to the stock ones. We’ll see

It’s gonna fun rich as fuck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Originally posted by wholepailofwater
            Q
            :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Both my e30 and e36 get star station smog renewal notices. I think its because they both have a history of failing smog, so the DMV and/or BAR has classified them as 'gross polluters' at one point or another.

I wouldn't be surprised if most old cars get that designation at this point, as 2000 and newer vehicles don't even get tail pipe/roller tested, they just plug into the OBD port and rev the engine. Some shops don't even want to bother testing old cars these days...so annoying!

Comment

Attention rev friends of socal: before I post to classifieds I am considering letting go of some pretty well kept unripped sport seats out of my e30 . PM if interested . Terrible pic below because I’m not home.

1986 LTW M52 (First project 2015- )
                1998 e36 328ic/5 -
                Roundie alpina pig cheek’d (1969)
                1967 2002 parts car
                1994 318iS junked.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
                  It’s gonna fun rich as fuck

You got some stock injectors I can use?

Reason I didn’t think it would be that bad is because it’s rated at 19# with the 3.5 bar FPR, figured with the 3bar it’d be closer to the stock rate
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    You got some stock injectors I can use?

Reason I didn’t think it would be that bad is because it’s rated at 19# with the 3.5 bar FPR, figured with the 3bar it’d be closer to the stock rate

I have some m50 green tops if you want those, no stock ones though

Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                    Q
                    :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

I pass smog every time. I have M50 injectors but no chip... Not the best, but I pass with good numbers. I have hope for other mostly-stock engines and a decent cat... And a nice tech. My guy will even keep the car revving before/during the test.

Currently building a badass coffee table
                      Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

anyone using e36/e46 seats?
                        my e30 seats are trashed just wondering.
                        allot of e46 and whatever come after that at the yards.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                          anyone using e36/e46 seats?
                          my e30 seats are trashed just wondering.
                          allot of e46 and whatever come after that at the yards.

I was looking into this recently and came across these adapters for e46 and e90 seats. It sounds straight forward if you find non-power seats.

These brackets are to adapt your existing chassis seat mounts to accept later model 3 series seats. ie, E36, E46. This is 1 set of brackets. Parts included mount 1 passenger and 1 driver's side seat.  DOES NOT FIT E9X or E46 Convertible seats.   ***All orders are made to order. Typically a 6-8 week turnaround, which do

Comment

sweeet. wonder why no install pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by mtech325 View Post
                              Both my e30 and e36 get star station smog renewal notices. I think its because they both have a history of failing smog, so the DMV and/or BAR has classified them as 'gross polluters' at one point or another.

I wouldn't be surprised if most old cars get that designation at this point, as 2000 and newer vehicles don't even get tail pipe/roller tested, they just plug into the OBD port and rev the engine. Some shops don't even want to bother testing old cars these days...so annoying!
                              i remember i went to like 10 shops and no one wanted to smog me. one guy insisted i go to his brothers shop who is a smog and repair only. i knew if i went there they would probably pull something and fail me the first time to pull some money out of me. California is ridiculous, they should just let older cars after 25 years old be smog free

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
                                i remember i went to like 10 shops and no one wanted to smog me. one guy insisted i go to his brothers shop who is a smog and repair only. i knew if i went there they would probably pull something and fail me the first time to pull some money out of me. California is ridiculous, they should just let older cars after 25 years old be smog free
                                You shoulda just told them your username

Comment

Working...
                                X