X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    did you non-op it at least? :(
    yeah. just missed my chance to register it again.i take it out sometimes but not at night. dont want to chance it and get pulled over

Comment

Originally posted by efficient View Post
      yeah. just missed my chance to register it again.i take it out sometimes but not at night. dont want to chance it and get pulled over
      get a 1 day permit from AAA/DMV, AAA left mine undated so I'd just keep a pen with me and if I ever got pulled over I'd just write todays date on it then go get a new one.

Comment

Smarter to get it from AAA, I'm fairly certain the DMV will date it. Mine from AAA was also left undated.

Currently building a badass coffee table
        Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

Hey guys and gals,

Anyone have a line on an early model front valence, hood, and core support? I've got a buddy who needs to do some front end repair work. :/

-NICK

Comment

There are no one date permits anymore, it’s a permit sticker for 90 days. And I have a early valance white

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So does anyone fancy a drive Saturday night?

Currently building a badass coffee table
              Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

I'll be up for drive, provided my appointment with the BAR goes well on Thursday!

Comment

would you guys buy a ebay chra. i gave my friend a hx30 that i had laying around and he was going to rebuild it but taking it off he cracked the housing on the intake side.i tried to help him find info on it but cant really find anything other than ebay.
                  3592103 3592104 3592109 3592110 3592111 3592112 3592113 HX30W 3532209 3537034 3537035 3537036 3539695 3539696 3539704 3539705 3539708 3539709 3590145 3590146 3592015 3592016 3592017 3592018 3592019 3592020 3592105 3592106 3592107 359218.

the chra looks exactly the same as the one that i gave him, but just not sure of ebay.
                  any turbo gurus chime in?

Comment

SoCal General Chat

Any ideas on a vibration in the driveshaft area when I am downshifting? Goes away when I rev match but most prevalent in 3rd gear and lower.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kings View Post
                      Any ideas on a vibration in the driveshaft area when I am downshifting? Goes away when I rev match but most prevalent in 3rd gear and lower.

Motor/trans mounts, guibo, center support bearing, clutch

Comment

Originally posted by yert315 View Post
                        Motor/trans mounts, guibo, center support bearing, clutch
                        Probably best to replace in that exact order too
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:
                        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                          Probably best to replace in that exact order too

Motor/trans mounts have been replaced. Guibo/CSB is solid. Clutch is about 65%. Am I missing something?

Diff bushing has been replaced also.

Comment

Originally posted by kings View Post
                            Motor/trans mounts have been replaced. Guibo/CSB is solid. Clutch is about 65%. Am I missing something?

Diff bushing has been replaced also.

Double check everything today. Not just with your eyes. Move them around and see if anything is loose.

Comment

Got a small issue that I need your input on guys.
                              I have a 3.5" MAF on my 24v, coming from the elbow to an air filter. The thing is, I also have a Castro airbox I'd like to install and I cant find a 3.5" piece of piping that a muffler shop sells to extend one more inch into the box.

My second problem is the filter, the one I have on there doesn't fit and it hits the ABS mudule or protrudes out from the top (cone filter). So what are my options, has anyone done something similar? I can only find 3" piping from local muffler shops too, if you have a lead lmk, any help is appreciated.
                              Last edited by IRON-E; 04-17-2019, 10:51 AM.
                              @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                                Got a small issue that I need your input on guys.
                                I have a 3.5" MAF on my 24v, coming from the elbow to an air filter. The thing is, I also have a Castro airbox I'd like to install and I cant find a 3.5" piece of piping that a muffler shop sells to extend one more inch into the box.

My second problem is the filter, the one I have on there doesn't fit and it hits the ABS mudule or protrudes out from the top (cone filter). So what are my options, has anyone done something similar? I can only find 3" piping from local muffler shops too, if you have a lead lmk, any help is appreciated.
                                You could always call a local shop that specializes in diesel trucks and big rigs, I’m fairly positive they’d have a 3.5 inch piece of tube to sell. Probably stainless too. You could also give a Schorr Metals a try in Placentia.

Comment

Working...
                                X