Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few months ago I found a E36 M3 on LKQ, someone in this thread checked it out the same day it went up and it still had the motor amazingly.
    91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
    Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
    E30 can make you, E30 can break you
    "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

are s50s still something people look for?

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
        A few months ago I found a E36 M3 on LKQ, someone in this thread checked it out the same day it went up and it still had the motor amazingly.
        Really? Was it the one in anaheim? or stanton? Those things get pulled almost immediately even by the laborers that go to the yard everyday that work for other customers.
        Transaction Feedback
        Various E30 Parts for Sale!
        Z3 Steering Racks for Sale!

Current Fleet:
        -1987 Delphin Grey 325iS
        -1989 Bronzit Beige 325iS

Comment

The LKQ's yard didn't get its lease renewed. Everyone and there mother is showing up, of course the weekend Ill be out of town. There's about 50 M5x cars and i really need a shortblock.

Kinda neat how the last E30 to go in there was Euro 323i, I got its clock.
          I pulled the rear shelf off that car, it had the visor. I left the clock there, it wasn't a euro clock but the basic digital one right? From what i've been told, the person in charge of renewing the lease, COMPLETELY FORGOT..so after the grace period passed, they were outbid by their neighbor and the yard will be becoming a storage area for cargo containers. I was also told that they will be opening potentially two smaller yards likely in the LA area and Artesia.
          Transaction Feedback

Current Fleet:
          -1987 Delphin Grey 325iS

Comment

Well, I successfully grabbed 18 cylinders. The V12 cost $167 and the straight 6 cost $177... because I kept the clutch on it
            The V12 is going to sit in storage next to the first identical V12 I got a few months ago, and the M52 is going to be inspected/disassembled and parted. I'm going to compare its condition with the other aluminum M52 I have, and I'll keep the better of the two—and sell the rest.
            I didn't get the side mirror from the E30 there because the car was severely torn apart :(

ScottSneed , this is from that Z3 you pulled the rack and diff from, I met you that day. I began freeing up the motor that day, but then said nah, not worth it. I'm happy I waited two months for the price to drop
            There is a small yard I've never been to that's next to the 91 freeway entrance in Gardena, off Artesia & Vermont.. I don't know who owns it. Do you suppose LKQ is going to buy that one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20190902_142638~2.jpg
Views:	663
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	9867307
            I'm said I didn't get the 5-cyl turbo motor too...

Currently building a badass coffee table
            Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

We need a Pick your part thread, 325i vert in the yard 9/1 at second Wilmington, probably pulled apart already because the sale.

I cant believe one of the largest yards closed because a oversight.
              91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
              Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
              E30 can make you, E30 can break you
              "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

We need a Pick your part thread, 325i vert in the yard 9/1 at second Wilmington, probably pulled apart already because the sale.

I cant believe one of the largest yards closed because a oversight.
                There is a thread already, I think it's called junkyard in the morning by goner.
                @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

who dis?

Busted by jet jones, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                    who dis?
                    Looks like a serious drift car...

Speaking of sightings, Ive now seen the SUPER clean Alpine 325iS with Oregon Plates in my parking garage pretty much regularly now. WHO ARE YOU, LETS BE FRIENDS
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Put a note on his car, telling him to join r3v. He may not know of this holy place

Comment

I spotted a cat with a late model schwarz, Illinois plates, vert & had a minty hardtop. When I looked up at it, I missed the wheels, but I'm pretty certain it was some sort of BBSs
                        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

Originally posted by Chilezen View Post
                          Well, I successfully grabbed 18 cylinders. The V12 cost $167 and the straight 6 cost $177... because I kept the clutch on it
                          The V12 is going to sit in storage next to the first identical V12 I got a few months ago, and the M52 is going to be inspected/disassembled and parted. I'm going to compare its condition with the other aluminum M52 I have, and I'll keep the better of the two—and sell the rest.
                          I didn't get the side mirror from the E30 there because the car was severely torn apart :(

ScottSneed , this is from that Z3 you pulled the rack and diff from, I met you that day. I began freeing up the motor that day, but then said nah, not worth it. I'm happy I waited two months for the price to drop
                          There is a small yard I've never been to that's next to the 91 freeway entrance in Gardena, off Artesia & Vermont.. I don't know who owns it. Do you suppose LKQ is going to buy that one?

Click image for larger version

Name:	MVIMG_20190902_142638~2.jpg
Views:	663
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	9867307
                          I'm said I didn't get the 5-cyl turbo motor too...
                          Ahh yes, I recall. I bet LKQ is probably gonna buy it, just like they bought the yard in Santa Fe Springs years ago so i've been told. How recently did you end up pulling those engines? Are they still letting people go in the yard? I wouldnt mind grabbing a bunch of random bmw bits lol
                          Transaction Feedback

Current Fleet:
                          -1987 Delphin Grey 325iS

Comment

It officially closed Monday, which is when I pulled them.

If anyone's interested in seeing how I build engine tables, follow my instagram account @kinetic_rennsport :)

Comment

Originally posted by IRON-E View Post
                              I spotted a cat with a late model schwarz, Illinois plates, vert & had a minty hardtop. When I looked up at it, I missed the wheels, but I'm pretty certain it was some sort of BBSs
                              I think I live a few blocks away from you --> we had talked about my radios a few pages ago, and you said as much; I'm a super clean schwarz 1990 vert, Illinois plates, clean hardtop, 15" ronal LS, iS trunk lid
                              1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Anyone have a bmw mech/shop to recommend me? I have no time lately, always at work, live in Mid-City at Pico & Hauser basically (between Fairfax & La Brea)

That weird gasket -- Throttle Body Coolant gasket -- blew last week. I fab'd my own, replaced it, and car seems fine, except I must have air in my coolant system and can't seem to get it out, car keeps climbing in temperature quickly. I can't really drive more than a few miles stop and go safely. I've been screwing around on my only day off today with that -- Keep bleeding it, to no avail. Could use some help and have no time. Looking for someone close. Anyone use or know about Mezian Motors on La Brea? Thanks-- Joe in Mid-City
                                1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Working...
                                X