This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by randywalters View Post

The Ronal / ACT tool looks like the picture below (there were a few versions and at least 4 different 3-hole patterns).

You should see if there's a tool hidden somewhere in the car, or if the previous owner forgot to give it to you or can tell you where he stashed it etc.

If you don't mind destroying the screws you could drill a hole in the center then use an EZ Out to back the screws out. I think the threads are 6mm.

I have 4 spare kits of Ronal Security Screws with the Tool that i'm selling ($40 per kit) in i think 3 different patterns. If you can swing by the LAX Area on a weekend, we can try my tools and see if one of them fits your screws. If we find a kit that fits we can at least get your caps off if you don't want to buy a kit ha ha.

Click image for larger version

Name:	51P5JwW1WKL._AC_.jpg
Views:	1317
Size:	46.9 KB
ID:	9938731

Click image for larger version Name:	71ktj0f3nbL._AC_SY355_.jpg Views:	0 Size:	17.8 KB ID:	9938729

I might have to take you up on that. Right now I need to get the thing to pass smog before I can take it on any trips farther than the grocery store, but once it passes smog I think I'll be headed up your way. I would probably buy a kit from you if one of them worked.
    1991 318i - T-Boned
    1987 325is - Sold
    1991 318is - Current

Comment

Originally posted by E30Kills View Post
      I might have to take you up on that. Right now I need to get the thing to pass smog before I can take it on any trips farther than the grocery store, but once it passes smog I think I'll be headed up your way. I would probably buy a kit from you if one of them worked.
      Ok lemmy know when you're ready, but maybe soon while i still have the four screw kits.

FYI if you bought the car in Calfornia, state law requires the seller to smog the car before selling it. So if you did not know this when you bought the car and it becomes a hassle or financial burden to you and the seller won't help, you have recourse in small claims court if you are forced to go that route. BTDT.

Randy Walters

2021 Mazda 3 Sedan Premium AWD
      1988 325is (w/89 bumpers, recently sold)
      1989 325is (Broadsided long ago RIP)
      1996 328is (Sold to Matt J)
      2003 530i Sport (Spare car now)
      2005 X3 (little woman's car)
      Driving Instructor BMW CCA L.A. & S.D. Chapters
      Multiple L.A. & S.D. Region SCCA Autocross Championships

Comment

I'm the classic car tech at Bullet Performance in Costa Mesa, idk where in OC you are.
        Byron
        Leichtbau

Comment

E30Kills Byron is definitely the guy Id want to help me with my car, if I were you
          Simon
          Current Cars:
          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Anyone have a set of relatively clean front fenders? For a coupe? (I'd be thrilled if they were bronzit)
            '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
            Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
              Anyone have a set of relatively clean front fenders? For a coupe? (I'd be thrilled if they were bronzit)
              I have a red passenger side one I bought last year but I didn’t end up using because I found a pair soon after

Comment

looking to buy the left side foams from the driver side sport seat.
                Found.
                Last edited by efficient; 07-31-2020, 04:04 AM. Reason: found it. thanks

Comment

Does anyone closely have a good shape m20 valve cover laying around? Doing my gasket and rocker plugs coming up soon and might want a valve cover ready that I could already have painted and cleaned up to swap in. Ok to PM me with shape and a reasonable price. I'm in mid-city LA near Venice Blvd. / La Brea or Fairfax
                  //thanks//
                  1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Sorry, cant help on the valvecover but have you ever gone to the end of month meeting? Its literally at your doorstep?!

Also: Over a month with no posts here... damn SoCal chitchat is dead as are most of the chitchat threads... hope y'all are staying cool... its hot as fuq
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                      Sorry, cant help on the valvecover but have you ever gone to the end of month meeting? Its literally at your doorstep?!

Also: Over a month with no posts here... damn SoCal chitchat is dead as are most of the chitchat threads... hope y'all are staying cool... its hot as fuq

I knew it was close, I'll have to go. I moved back full time last June and was working a ton weeks + weekends and never quite made it up until covid hit.

I was at Dockweiler though with my black/hardtop/ronal vert. Still have those OE radios, btw

Yeah, working outside installing windows today and getting scorched. Taking lunch inside at least.
                      1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

It's getting hot in heeeea, so take off all your clothes. Not literally, but you know what I mean.
                        @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

I haven't been working on the car much since my garage gets mosquitos when it's hot out. Started messing with the motorbike project instead since I can roll it into my front yard.

Hell yea 420th post

Comment

This is for the OGs; is no one going to address the big white elephant in the room, from this past weekend?
                            @IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

What happened this past weekend?
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:

Comment

Spill that tea
                                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                                X