replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
    His is a 87-IS

Ah okay. Still would have been easier to just swap to an early water pump

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by yert315 View Post
    Did you replace the timing belt/water pump already?

You can NOT use the eta wire harness with the late engine. It sounds like the cooling system is the least of your worries.
    His is a 87-IS

Leave a comment:

• yert315
    replied
    Did you replace the timing belt/water pump already?

You can NOT use the eta wire harness with the late engine. It sounds like the cooling system is the least of your worries.

Leave a comment:

• Beamerboi
    replied
    Official SoCal PARTS For Sale Thread

You can run your early model cooling system with a late engine. You just need the early model water pump. There are no provisions to mount the late model expansion tank in the early chassis (doable, but not clean imo). I prefer to leave the eta cooling system as it tends to bleed easier than the late style.

If you’ve already mounted a late water pump and just want to buy all the late model cooling stuff, then oh well. Just throwing an option out there.

It’s a late model engine so it already has the late model pump. My only obstacles are getting the expansion tank. Also since it’s the early model wiring harness does not reach the temp sensor. Also had to change the intake manifold to early style cause the 6 injector plugs had no where to go on the early injection rail. I don’t even know if it’s going to work :/ also I already have late model hoses. If it don’t work I’ll probably just do it that way because I do have all the early model stuff except the new hoses. Click image for larger version

Name:	57447710893__7B18C43D-73D0-4873-950C-88A13F7AD60C.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	7201078

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    I prefer to leave the eta cooling system as it tends to bleed easier than the late style.
    I saw something yesterday that cant be unseen. However, it was absolutely beautiful and will guarantee that I will be leaving my cooling system that the car came with, even after I proceed with my plans

Leave a comment:

Working...
X