X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

buy my wagon https://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto...626943863.html

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
      Yeah, my coupe really made his vert look nice!

Oh, and I forgot sunscreen on my face. Life is painful right now.
      haha nah g; OE+|verts are cool and all, but I have mad respect for laguna sedans. Tell me you grabbed a 3rd pedal for it and I might just swipe right on Grinder.

Comment

Originally posted by oliver.r View Post
        FUUUUU that's cool. Wish I could buy it!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
        Transaction feedback
        - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Now that its pretty much yours, we need pics Steven
          Haha I have no good pics of the car but here's a quick iPhone shot for now...

2008 A5, auto, one owner. Nothing special, just a good daily.

Feedback!
          Custom Cup Holder Consoles!
          Calypso Story--S50/Shaved and Tucked Bay

Comment

Nice! Those looked so amazing when they first came out, still look super modern.

My buddy just picked up a 2010 S4 DCT. It really impressed me with how quick it was and that trans is something else!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
            Transaction feedback
            - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by RUFFLZ View Post
              haha nah g; OE+|verts are cool and all, but I have mad respect for laguna sedans. Tell me you grabbed a 3rd pedal for it and I might just swipe right on Grinder.
              Yeah, I tossed a g260 in it about 4 years ago over the winter in Richmond, VA working in the gravel alley behind my house. It was miserable. Also drove it across country 2 years ago to get out here. Now it's got some serious bottom end noise, so I'm looking into rebuilding the M20 as a 2.9L 10:1.
              sigpic
              1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
              1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
              1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Looking for a body shop that has worked on E30s and is willing to tackle this, lol:

Considering getting it straightened, or looking for somebody to cut/weld this in:

Any recommendations in the bay area?
                JP
                WTB: Z3 1.9 lever, plastic bumpers, 19# injectors, Anthracite Cloth Sport Seats

Current
                88 325 super eta
                00 528i/5 (daily)
                02 530iA sport

Former
                04 525iA sport
                87 325is
                91 325i
                97 528i

Comment

I've heard great things about (I think?) Berkeley Auto Body from German Auto Sport and from Weatherford BMW's parts guys.

I haven't had a chance to check them out, as I have other mechanical gremlins to deal with, but, the people that have recommended them know their stuff.
                  1986 325e Maaco Black M62 Project [SOLD]
                  2008 135i Alpinweiss III Cabriolet 6MT [SOLD]
                  2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
                  2011 BMW X5M [Daily]
                  1991 318is Slicktop Diamantschwarz Metallic [Thread]
                  1973 BMW R75/5 Toaster Tank [Summer Daily]

Comment

Been a little unsatisfied with my e30 lately, I’m sure it has to do with car being automatic and the paint being shot, but I’ve got a few other little issues that really bug me. My passenger front end seems to have problems. It shakes when getting up to speed and also pulls slightly right. I have all new front suspension bushings, control arms, tie rods, end links, good balanced tires (rotated them doesn’t fix issue), and even gotten the alignment done twice. I remember when installing the m3 offset cabs one was pressed in slightly off into the lollipop, but was told this shouldn’t be an issue, but I am starting to think otherwise. Opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by chriso View Post
                      I've heard great things about (I think?) Berkeley Auto Body from German Auto Sport and from Weatherford BMW's parts guys.

I haven't had a chance to check them out, as I have other mechanical gremlins to deal with, but, the people that have recommended them know their stuff.
                      This is the one on San Pablo?
                      JP

Current
                      88 325 super eta
                      00 528i/5 (daily)
                      02 530iA sport

Former
                      04 525iA sport
                      87 325is
                      91 325i
                      97 528i

Comment

Originally posted by AC_Schnitzel View Post
                        I'm 90% sure, yes. McGyver I think he also recommended them. He would know the name for sure, but I believe that's the one.
                        1986 325e Maaco Black M62 Project [SOLD]
                        2008 135i Alpinweiss III Cabriolet 6MT [SOLD]
                        2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
                        2011 BMW X5M [Daily]
                        1991 318is Slicktop Diamantschwarz Metallic [Thread]
                        1973 BMW R75/5 Toaster Tank [Summer Daily]

Comment

Originally posted by chriso View Post
                          I'm 90% sure, yes. McGyver I think he also recommended them. He would know the name for sure, but I believe that's the one.
                          Yup, on San Pablo near University. They do really great work, I've seen them replace the entire ass of a rear-ended e36m3 using the ass of a e36 328i and it was flawless.
                          sigpic
                          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

Buying cars from dead people without paperwork is the worst, I need some advice.

I picked up a car without a title from a guy who bought it at an estate sale. From my research, the DMV shows it registered to Albert. The release of lien paperwork (from 1994) never got filed and Albert is the only person named on the account.

I can forge his signature on the Lost Title (Reg227) and Bill of Sale (Reg262), but I don't think the car can be sold while there is a lien on it.

I might be able to get a Bonded Title, but that's another can of worms.

Anyone else have any ideas on how to get this thing in my name?!? I mean, the people are dead and the car is in my garage. WTF?!?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post
                              Buying cars from dead people without paperwork is the worst, I need some advice.

I picked up a car without a title from a guy who bought it at an estate sale. From my research, the DMV shows it registered to Albert. The release of lien paperwork (from 1994) never got filed and Albert is the only person named on the account.

I can forge his signature on the Lost Title (Reg227) and Bill of Sale (Reg262), but I don't think the car can be sold while there is a lien on it.

I might be able to get a Bonded Title, but that's another can of worms.

Anyone else have any ideas on how to get this thing in my name?!? I mean, the people are dead and the car is in my garage. WTF?!?
                              Forging probably isn't a good idea. How was the guy who sold it to you able to get it? Was he selling it on behalf of the dead people's estate?
                              JP

Current
                              88 325 super eta
                              00 528i/5 (daily)
                              02 530iA sport

Former
                              04 525iA sport
                              87 325is
                              91 325i
                              97 528i

Comment

Hey, the guy might be alive! Woooooooo!

Forging probably isn't a good idea. How was the guy who sold it to you able to get it? Was he selling it on behalf of the dead people's estate?
                                I forgot to mention, Albert bought the car for his wife but never put it in her name. Then they got divorced and she kept the car. Apparently she's the one who died and the car was sold at an estate sale to the wannabe flipper. The flipper only got a receipt and drove off in the car.

There is little to no paperwork and AAA/Bank aren't really willing to offer any information, but they will confirm stuff that I know. So figuring out what's up with this car has already taken about a month. Dumb.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X