X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by E30Bastard View Post
    Hi Nor-Cal,

Looking for a shop recommendation. I've been recommended JMP in the Burbank/LA area but if I can get it in a shop before it really starts to rain that would be awesome.

They will need to be able to diagnose something simple...here's my 4 month thread on it:

Whatever the problem is it is physical and I want to know what it is before I throw a turbo into the equation. Will be switching to big brakes soon but am obsessed with getting the ABS working/figuring out wtf is wrong with it as I know it isn't an electrical issue.

While they are at it I will have them install my kevlar clutch, throwout bearing, shave the flywheel a little, and I'm sure they will have a sniffer to tune my afr because I'm curious to see how far I am off before I switch to MS2. I've got everything prepped for all the diagnostics and the work as well as all the parts and spare parts necessary for testing.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!
    or perhaps some skilled locals can help with at least the ABS issue?
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Hey folks, cross-posting this here since I know there are several folks who only subscribe to this thread and not the whole subforum.

​​

Originally posted by kronus
      would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Does anyone have access to an alignment machine where I could get a few measurements? I've installed rear toe and camber adjusters, but at the max toe-out adjustment I still have an obscene amount of tow-in. I tried measuring it using jack stands, string, and a laser measure, but my calculation ends up with only 0.5 deg toe-in. Based on the picture below (and Inventor), I'm guessing that I have roughly 1.76 deg of toe-in.

I'd like to measure it as it is, then adjust to full toe-in. This should give me my full range of motion, allowing me to calculate where the adjusters should be welded.

Click image for larger version  Name:	MAiS1Rqh.jpg Views:	0 Size:	67.3 KB ID:	9895429
        sigpic
        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Finally found out what was causing my bottom end noise!

#4 Connecting Rod Bearing on Crank:
          Click image for larger version  Name:	nyLgwRth.jpg Views:	0 Size:	116.7 KB ID:	9898725

#6 Connecting Rod Bearing:
          sigpic
          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

oof that's fucked
            cars beep boop

Comment

ouch.

need 24v swap parts (lol) if anyones got anything burning a hole in their...garage
              1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

Should there be any play with rear bearings when the axle nut isnt on?

Have 318ti rear trailing arms that i pressed new bearings in but the hub moves side to side a decent amount to be worried.
                Not sure if i messed up pressing them in or if they need some kind of preload on them.

Comment

Hey all,
                  If anyone happens to see a 1989 325i/is for sale in red brilliant or zinno or a mtech2 in red for sale over the next few months, please let me know. Im not interested in swapped cars unless it is clean and able to be converted back to an m20.
                  I am planning on re-shelling my e30 as I really hate 4drs.
                  I would also be interested in buying a full coupe mtech2 kit if I cant get a
                  Much wow
                  I hate 4 doors

Comment

Originally posted by Cabriolet View Post
                    Hey all,
                    If anyone happens to see a 1989 325i/is for sale in red brilliant or zinno or a mtech2 in red for sale over the next few months, please let me know. Im not interested in swapped cars unless it is clean and able to be converted back to an m20.
                    I am planning on re-shelling my e30 as I really hate 4drs.
                    I would also be interested in buying a full coupe mtech2 kit if I cant get a
                    Are you going to stuff a replacement stock m20 in your sedan?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McGyver View Post

Are you going to stuff a replacement stock m20 in your sedan?
                      ya. Put it back to stock and then sell it. The only issue I'm having right now is that I have a glass moonroof and do not have a paint matched metal sunroof to replace it with.
                      Much wow
                      I hate 4 doors

Comment

I too am on the lookout for a clean zinnoberot coupe, eta to be exact. perferably1986, if you guys see anything please share it with me or in here! cheers from the desert. :P

Comment

Is there a boycott in this thread that I am not aware of?

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkerer007 View Post
                            Is there a boycott in this thread that I am not aware of?
                            max of 1 post per month.
                            sigpic

Comment

I have changed my engine from an e to an i. (Auto to manual transmission change as well.)
                              I am working on getting an appointment with a referee.
                              Smog test places won't touch the car. Cat as been changed to match the engine, but doesn't match the VIN.

Does anyone know where I can get a pre-test smog check?
                              Does anyone have a 5 gas exhaust analyzer?

Any ideas to put me at ease for my referee visit?

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkerer007 View Post
                                I have changed my engine from an e to an i. (Auto to manual transmission change as well.)
                                I am working on getting an appointment with a referee.
                                Smog test places won't touch the car. Cat as been changed to match the engine, but doesn't match the VIN.

Does anyone know where I can get a pre-test smog check?
                                Does anyone have a 5 gas exhaust analyzer?

Any ideas to put me at ease for my referee visit?
                                Why even tell the smog place that you've changed the engine? Transmission swap doesn't require a referee. I doubt that a smog tech is going to know a m20b27 from a m20b25.

If you do go to a referee, based on what I've read, you just need to make sure all the stock emissions stuff is present and working (cat, charcoal canister, and purge valve). The engine has to be newer than the car. You'll need all kinds of documentation to prove what is in the car is correct and complete. It just seems like a huge waste of time to BAR a 325i engine into a 325e.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X