This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cloudbase View Post
    The Summit Point Karting 500 was intense. I was just rusty and slow in qualifying and the start stint. Got a bad kart on the second stint, pitted for another which was even worse. Was going to go in again, but decided it wasn't worth it to burn another 30 seconds pitting. It came together on the 3rd stint. Stayed out for a 130 laps straight and logged solid 59's, the fastest lap in the GT karts was a 57. Probably the best driving I've ever done. I was flat out in two sections (with turns in both directions) of the course pulling about 1.5 G's with spikes of way more. At my weight the only way to hold my own against the lightweights was to not brake, which meant lots of bravery. It was fucking terrifying, but I stayed consistent and even got comfortable with riding so close to the ragged edge. The toll on my body was brutal. I woke up this morning, tried to get up and fell flat on my face. I had good neck support, gloves, and a rip protector. A lot of guys popped ribs out last year, so I Saran Wrapped my torso, which helped a ton. I'm gonna be in a world or hurt for the next few days. We finished 12th, but were the second fastest team without somekind of licensed motorsports driver in our ranks. My brother set the 2nd fastest lap of the day before the 250 karts came out. I'll post some pics and vid when I get back to Colorado. It was hands down the most I've learned in any single event and the most intense racing of any kind I've ever done.
    Alex, that sounds like 100 kinds of awesome. Karting is such good fun/$.

I'll try to organize a karting night or two for when I get back in dec/jan. Any (way early) interest, r3v?
    2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
    95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
    98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerman325i View Post
      Alex, that sounds like 100 kinds of awesome. Karting is such good fun/$.

I'll try to organize a karting night or two for when I get back in dec/jan. Any (way early) interest, r3v?
      I'm in.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

Originally posted by blefevre View Post
        I'm in.
        I might have to be in since every time I try and kart at Unser it's either booked solid for private events, closed or has a 2-3 hour wait.
        89 325i (Sold)
        95 M3 (Track Car in Progress)
        2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

I'm def in. I wanted to go yesterday, but my body was still hurting.

The best time to go is on Monday mornings. Races are $10 and there is no wait. If you guys are on winter break or off for the holidays maybe that'll work out. They let me run doubles sessions back to back last week without having to pit. Otherwise, early evening before dinner is usually a good time. Most people are still driving home from work.
          JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

I might be in, sounds fun.

Comment

I can go Xmas eve at any time if they are open.
              89 325i (Sold)
              2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

That's my bday
                1997 Audi A4 1.8t 5-Speed (bamboo metallic): ST Coilovers, Sport Edition 17x7.5 Et35, 215/45/17 Kumho AST, Panzer, Depo Ecodes, 55w 5k bulbs, Magnaflow 14815, Res delete, JHM Vent Boost gauge
                2001.5 Audi s4 2.7tt 6-Speed (Imola Yellow)
                <<Flickr>>

Comment

I wonder if we could get enough people to do a group rate. I won't get my schedule until Nov 19th, but I can guarantee I'm working at some point on Christmas eve and Christmas day. If I get a local trip that starts late or ends early, it might work though.
                  JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

There is a karting thread buried in the mountain section. I'll resurrect it if nobody else does when I get my Dec schedule.
                    JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

My anticipation is that Christmas Eve/Day will not be anywhere near as slow as your typical weekday.

Comment

How about something like the 27th or 28th?

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

random funny:

Comment

id be down for a night at the track, never been to those places
                            318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                            '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Originally posted by 325i View Post
                              That's my bday
                              It's the day after my bday.
                              89 325i (Sold)
                              2001 4runner (DD)

Comment

does yours get combined with xmas aswell haha?
                                1997 Audi A4 1.8t 5-Speed (bamboo metallic): ST Coilovers, Sport Edition 17x7.5 Et35, 215/45/17 Kumho AST, Panzer, Depo Ecodes, 55w 5k bulbs, Magnaflow 14815, Res delete, JHM Vent Boost gauge
                                2001.5 Audi s4 2.7tt 6-Speed (Imola Yellow)
                                <<Flickr>>

Comment

Working...
                                X