Timing Belt Party / Check - In

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bishop
    replied
    K... lol, not gonna be doing a timing belt, in a parking lot, while a Euro meet goes on... I wanna be able to drive my working car w/ it's new belt and cam seal to the meet, not talk to the stuck up people, snap some pics, and go bowling / drinking lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • iamsam
    replied
    i am totally for doing it right in the middle of the euro meet. Heck, I'll bring all my tools and fix something on my car, i am sure something will break by then....

    Leave a comment:


  • Atreus
    replied
    hey guys, just caught this thread.

    i used comparable parts from here: http://www.fcpgroton.com/product-exe...+Kit+1988-1992

    but i ordered them from Blunt/Steve @ blunttech.com for the same pricing, parts came fast, and shipping was cheap. i just finished mine, doing both a HG/Timing belt job.

    depending on how many tools are available, and if you know how to remove your radiatior, it should be a snap. prolly under 3 hrs per car, thats an enthusiastic guess (somewhat talking outta my ass here, still groggy. argh).

    i'd be willing to help, but i am moving at the end of this month, so i gotta see what my schedule is looking like.

    Leave a comment:


  • clarkkey594
    replied
    So I've never done a T belt on an E30 but I can lend small hands and moral support if needed.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    So long as you don't catch the gonoherpesyphillaids, you're good to keep whoring it up.

    Skank. :pimp:

    Leave a comment:


  • clarkkey594
    replied
    Post whoring FTW.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    We are the whores of posting. I think five or so E30s doing timing belts in a parking lot surrounded by expensive financed debt-ridden cars would be hilarious, but I think we also might get in a loooooot of trouble if we do. I think it'd be best to just show up greasy from having done them elsewhere.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZombiE30
    replied
    Hmm, I hadn't thought about that. I don't really know why they'd be pissed, but it's definitely possible.
    As long as we have a pan and some empty milk jugs, I don't think we'd do any lasting damage.

    I think the beer is for inside when bowling.
    And who knows, they may not notice/care since there's going to be a million euro cars there anyway with the hoods up and people gathering around. We'll just have tools!

    Also, my r3v post count just passed my bf.c post count! y'alls post-whoring is rubbing off on me.....

    Leave a comment:


  • stoliver54
    replied
    I am down, either the night before or morning whatever. I took my sweet ass time when I did mine before.... Maybe there are some tricks to getting it done faster, but I was just going off of the Bentley.

    So Peter you are planning on doing it in the Splitz parking lot? That would be interesting, I wonder how pissed they would be about coolant leaking everywhere. And the drinking in a public place thing while a bunch of guys are working on their cars may draw unwanted attention, just a thought.

    I do like the idea of being all greasy and nasty, looking like a homeless redneck and going bowling. Sounds like fun.

    And nice sig Peter, I know I say that way too much in person, but have I actually posted that?

    Leave a comment:


  • ZombiE30
    replied
    1) Bishop - Needs Belt
    2) Bimmerman325i - Might Need Belt, will show up
    3) Sam - iamcreepingdeath - has never owned a car with a timing belt in it, but I can show up and get greasy!
    4) Zombie-doesn't need belt, will show up, has tools, bentley and questionable ethics.

    Also....the night before? Where?!? Do we have space that won't be freezing to accomodate 2 or 3 cars? I'm down either way, but I am kinda leaning toward showing up early to the GTG.

    Mainly I'm just loving the idea of standing around all dirty when all the high dollar cars start showing up.

    Photo shoot could be integrated with timing belts, I believe.

    We will need:
    New timing belts
    Coolant
    Water pump (optional)
    Belt Tensioner (sorta optional)

    Depending how many cars need this done, we could actually turn it into a race. (whoever finishes last has to buy the beer)

    However, that may be a bad idea, because I wouldn't want anyone to crush their valves because they rushed putting the belt back on.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    GRM / Lemons / TT car is a full-blown project in it's infancy.

    26th would be fine with me (no school on Fridays). I am available all day. Hopefully Atreus, or Oliver, someone who has done one can chime in on how long it took so we can try to think about how many cars we can get done...

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    Isn't the date already set? Feb 26th, night before the GTG? It's not like we can leave a timing belt job half done and do it more later, once you start you kinda have to keep going.

    We are the bullshit masters. The GRM or Lemons car will happen though, mark my words. T-Pain fucked a mermaid to make it so.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Yeah, since most of our bullshit never gets put into action, I hereby decree that we'll have a solid date picked by the 20th (end of this week, 1 week before the GTG). That way everyone has time to order parts and clear their schedule... GTG is on a Saturday, so we can start a few cars Friday night, and work saturday morning on what's left, then hit the meet and go bowling.

    I love the bullshitting that's been coming up in the CO section, but we need to put some of it into action... So, I decreed some shit, and therefore, it shall be done. We need a location and a solid list of whose coming for belts / hangout / tools / etc.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    Originally posted by Bishop
    lol, this wasn't for a get together, or party... Nothing like that, its a meet for the locals who need the timing belt done. Get like 5 people together, should go quick and everyone profits from a new belt. Then we go to the local Euro meet, bowl and drink beer.

    No road trip, my funds are tied up elsewhere.... Like my car, guns, girls, and the go fast mentality (straight line racing is for bitches). It's fun being way underpowered, but beating cars in time because of my driving and suspension (I'm not a pro driver, don't start with the cracks wise asses).


    Who else needs to sign up for a belt, and who else can bring parts, food, beer, themselves?... :)
    I like this beer and bowling and belts plan. It's the BBB!

    Sincerely,

    Wise Ass Number 1

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Originally posted by whatt18yahoo
    i'd like to hold a massively massive bmw party here in indiana (as it's local to all parts of the nation) this summer i'll bring out a few cars natalie for sure and who knows i might have natasha or nadine out yes this is a hint of a ffew ladies who'll be joining my life very soon. and as always you'll be glad that i have junk in my trunk, as it's every variation of an 8 10 12 13 15 17 19 and 22 mm you could possibly need for these cars. i have a 14 but don't know why.

    the local mall over here rarely has enough cars in it but there's over 10,000 spots we could use if we so chose. bishop i'd love to see your e30 in person wanna make a road trip?
    lol, this wasn't for a get together, or party... Nothing like that, its a meet for the locals who need the timing belt done. Get like 5 people together, should go quick and everyone profits from a new belt. Then we go to the local Euro meet, bowl and drink beer.

    No road trip, my funds are tied up elsewhere.... Like my car, guns, girls, and the go fast mentality (straight line racing is for bitches). It's fun being way underpowered, but beating cars in time because of my driving and suspension (I'm not a pro driver, don't start with the cracks wise asses).


    Who else needs to sign up for a belt, and who else can bring parts, food, beer, themselves?... :)

    Leave a comment:

Working...