Timing Belt Party / Check - In

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • clarkkey594
    replied
    1) Ben - Needs the works
    2) Peter -coming for teh lulz. May change diff fluid for shits and giggles and to see how much metal comes out. (has extra timing belt)
    3)Sean- Coming to help/point and laugh while drinking beer
    4) Clark - same as Sean because I need to get back in touch with E30's

    Leave a comment:


  • stoliver54
    replied
    Originally posted by ZombiE30
    1) Ben - Needs the works
    2) Peter -coming for teh lulz. May change diff fluid for shits and giggles and to see how much metal comes out. (has extra timing belt)
    3)Sean- Coming to help/point and laugh while drinking beer
    sweet

    Leave a comment:


  • ZombiE30
    replied
    1) Ben - Needs the works
    2) Peter -coming for teh lulz. May change diff fluid for shits and giggles and to see how much metal comes out. (has extra timing belt)

    Leave a comment:


  • ZombiE30
    replied
    I think I may have some, although lately I've been buying this local milk with reusable jugs, so I don't have as many as normal.

    Let's just open up a "lemonade" stand at the same time.
    50cents a cup.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Yeah, we will have a garage space to work in, will just have to shuffle cars in and out as they are finished.... Tools tools and more tools....

    I'm gonna start saving tea bottles, oil bottles, anything bottles, and I'll see if I can borrow a drain pan or a few... my old man's a mechanic so I'll see what kinda stuff I can scrounge from him, like degreaser, drip pans, rags, etc....

    AGAIN, guys..... I wanna have a definite list of those coming, and those wanting belts done.... I'll post my phone number and it's up to those coming to call or text me for an address, you also are responsible for getting your own parts like a belt, cam seal, tensioner, etc.....


    1) Ben - Needs the works

    Leave a comment:


  • stoliver54
    replied
    I think it is a good idea to start early on Friday, just in case... I will bring the tools that I have including the 'fan clutch' wrench, and another drain pan. Y'all just let me know where and when and I'll be there.

    I have an electric heater that I can bring, but I think it is pretty much useless outside. Maybe you can warm your hands, or lower legs.

    Is anyone saving gallon milk jugs? Cause those would come in handy for coolant disposal.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Fancy tools to me = whatever makes this easier, like the special wrench for the fan or something, whatever you said Sean bought.

    We will need heaters, drain pans, lots of drain pans or empty just to keep refilling. More tools, etc....

    Leave a comment:


  • ZombiE30
    replied
    <-----no class friday also. Especially available after noon, but flexible.

    I'm also bringing all my tools, drain pan etc.
    Fancy tools=vice grips/bfh/adjustable wrench

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    I don't have class Friday... So I am fully willing to start Friday morning so we can get as much work done as possible and hopefully allocate enough time in case there are any hiccups.

    Leave a comment:


  • iamsam
    replied
    I'm coming. So what time officially?

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    My house is a go. We need a definite count for whose coming and who needs belts. I have a bentley and some tools here. So we need tools probably, especially the fancy ones.

    Leave a comment:


  • iamsam
    replied
    Originally posted by ZombiE30
    Also Bishop.....since it's your first timing belt, you have to wear it around your neck for the rest of the day and tell everyone that you are the King of Zanzibar.

    It's e30 tradition.
    you are quite risible, my friend.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZombiE30
    replied
    alright, so unless something awesome pops up, I think we need to start planning the logistics for either Bishop's place, or my driveway/street.

    Also Bishop.....since it's your first timing belt, you have to wear it around your neck for the rest of the day and tell everyone that you are the King of Zanzibar.

    It's e30 tradition.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    I haven't ever done a timing belt.

    Leave a comment:


  • Atreus
    replied
    haha. well i'm lookin forward to meeting a couple of y'all. when we get the finer details sorted out...

    Leave a comment:

Working...