Timing Belt Party / Check - In

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Roland H
    replied
    Originally posted by Bimmerman325i
    Oh Em Gee, i hav toolz and shit in teh trunk of my cars too! What do I win? I even have a super ultra rare JDM 9.4mm crowfoot torque wrench that I use to synch my ITBs.

    For those unfamiliar with the ultra sick psycho M20 build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=146135

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    Originally posted by whatt18yahoo
    i'd like to hold a massively massive bmw party here in indiana (as it's local to all parts of the nation) this summer i'll bring out a few cars natalie for sure and who knows i might have natasha or nadine out yes this is a hint of a ffew ladies who'll be joining my life very soon. and as always you'll be glad that i have junk in my trunk, as it's every variation of an 8 10 12 13 15 17 19 and 22 mm you could possibly need for these cars. i have a 14 but don't know why.

    the local mall over here rarely has enough cars in it but there's over 10,000 spots we could use if we so chose. bishop i'd love to see your e30 in person wanna make a road trip?
    Oh Em Gee, i hav toolz and shit in teh trunk of my cars too! What do I win? I even have a super ultra rare JDM 9.4mm crowfoot torque wrench that I use to synch my ITBs.

    For those unfamiliar with the ultra sick psycho M20 build: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=146135

    Leave a comment:


  • whatt18yahoo
    replied
    i'd like to hold a massively massive bmw party here in indiana (as it's local to all parts of the nation) this summer i'll bring out a few cars natalie for sure and who knows i might have natasha or nadine out yes this is a hint of a ffew ladies who'll be joining my life very soon. and as always you'll be glad that i have junk in my trunk, as it's every variation of an 8 10 12 13 15 17 19 and 22 mm you could possibly need for these cars. i have a 14 but don't know why.

    the local mall over here rarely has enough cars in it but there's over 10,000 spots we could use if we so chose. bishop i'd love to see your e30 in person wanna make a road trip?

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Exactly

    Leave a comment:


  • machined
    replied
    ...especially considering the consequences of not doing it lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    Originally posted by Bishop
    I'd be fine starting night before... and If I recall David, your looking at just over $100 for parts. I'd say $100-$150 for Tbelt parts, then more if you wanna replace more like plugs, wires, cap and rotor, oil change, etc. etc. etc. etc.
    That's not too bad actually.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    I'd be fine starting night before... and If I recall David, your looking at just over $100 for parts. I'd say $100-$150 for Tbelt parts, then more if you wanna replace more like plugs, wires, cap and rotor, oil change, etc. etc. etc. etc.

    Leave a comment:


  • iamsam
    replied
    1) Bishop - Needs Belt
    2) Bimmerman325i - Might Need Belt, will show up
    3) Sam - iamcreepingdeath - has never owned a car with a timing belt in it, but I can show up and get greasy!

    night before is probably a better idea, just because its easier to work into the night than get up early in the morning, and we may possibly be fitting a photoshoot in before the meet too...

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    Originally posted by Bishop
    1) Bishop - Needs Belt
    2) Bimmerman325i - Might Need Belt, will show up
    Timing belt + GTG + drinking + bowling = win. Not sure I'll get mine done but I'll show for sure.

    Also, what's the expected cost for the timing belt parts? I haven't honestly looked at the prices since mine's not super needed just yet. If it's a bunch I might wait a bit to pay off some vehicularly stupid purchases before doing the T-belt. Or wait till it dies and then V12 it. This idea will not die hahhaaha.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    started a topic Timing Belt Party / Check - In

    Timing Belt Party / Check - In

    Who needs it done? I am thinking still on my original plan of starting night before / morning of the Euro meet, showing up to the meet in a caravan, then bowling and drinking.

    If you don't need a belt done but are willing to help / loan tools / have done this before, please mention something...

    Quote and add your name, whether you need a belt done, or can help, etc.

    1) Bishop - Needs Belt
Working...