Timing Belt Party / Check - In

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Roland H
    replied
    <--- This guy. I've taken one off a volvo, but it has yet to go back on.

    Leave a comment:


  • Atreus
    replied
    who here has NOT done a timing belt job before?

    Leave a comment:


  • stoliver54
    replied
    I do have a long dirt driveway at my dads house, thanks for reminding me Peter.

    The reason why I did not recommend it is that it is half ice, and the other half mud right now. Didn't think it was the ideal location for wrenching.

    I also have a similar situation to you Ben, lots of misc. vehicles in the way... But it is an option if nothing else presents itself.

    Leave a comment:


  • Atreus
    replied
    where is this gonna be? what city?

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Originally posted by stoliver54
    I am down, either the night before or morning whatever. I took my sweet ass time when I did mine before.... Maybe there are some tricks to getting it done faster, but I was just going off of the Bentley.

    So Peter you are planning on doing it in the Splitz parking lot? That would be interesting, I wonder how pissed they would be about coolant leaking everywhere. And the drinking in a public place thing while a bunch of guys are working on their cars may draw unwanted attention, just a thought.

    I do like the idea of being all greasy and nasty, looking like a homeless redneck and going bowling. Sounds like fun.

    And nice sig Peter, I know I say that way too much in person, but have I actually posted that?
    He did, but who knows if he'll let a bunch of bums crash his place to work on cars and make a mess and such.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZombiE30
    replied
    also, Stoliver has a huge driveway/dirt road/backyard. Not inside, but would accomadate many.

    Haven't seen him check in though......

    Leave a comment:


  • ZombiE30
    replied
    gotcha!
    well, it kinda seems like the best option so far, but I could definitely fit three cars in my driveway if people don't mind working at a 25 degree angle.
    well, two comfortably.

    it's also approx 5 minutes from the GTG meeting point.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    My dad's truck, my mom's car (if were in the open garage spot) and my sister's truck lol... Still, plenty of room though. (and no, I'm not some spoiled little rich kid).

    and I'd rather have 5 heaters on standby and not need em, than have it be 15* and everyone moving like glue.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZombiE30
    replied
    What's all this "if" nonsense? What else would there be in a driveway?!?

    Also, it being colorado, we may not need a heater since it coule be 80 degrees. It also might be 2.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    lol Sam you saw the inside.... There's only 1 open bay. But there is plenty of space outside the garage too. We have 1 heater, but another 1 or 2 would be really nice I'm sure.... If we can use the space that is.

    Leave a comment:


  • iamsam
    replied
    Ben, you have a huge garage. and it doesn't need to be heated. Someone just needs to bring at torpedo heater, and all is well!

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Well. I have plenty of room for people in the driveway, but it's not heated. Depending on how quick we can get cars done, we might be able to use this place.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZombiE30
    replied
    Let's do it in the Autosport Werks parking lot!

    I'm considering my school as an option, but it depends who's running the open shop on friiday. If it's craig, I might be able to get us in, but I kinda doubt it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    I have a flat surface + garage but no heat, and no definite yes on being able to use it.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZombiE30
    replied
    okay, so timing belt party prior to meet on different location.

    Morning of, or night prior? and.....
    WHERE?!?!?!

    My garage is full of sleeping vert (and small as fuck), and my driveway steep and icy. I don't think the neighbors would mind us clogging up the street since they're used to seeing me run around in greasy pajamas all the time, but it wouldn't be a heated environment.

    Anyone have anything to offer up? Parking garage?

    How about in front of an all-girls gym or a yoga place? What's the worst that could happen?

    Leave a comment:

Working...