Timing Belt Party / Check - In

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Bishop
    replied
    She's alive and running well... But the hood won't open now lol.

    Leave a comment:


  • clarkkey594
    replied
    Updates?

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Yeah minus the thermostat. We took our time I think, and did it all right. I'm fairly sure all the bolts went back where they're supposed to. Once we got everything back together, the car started and ran (so the timing belt was done right I'm assuming) and it was leaking like crazy from the pump (we think) and a few other hoses. Tightened what we could, but the pump was still leaking. Car was also running like hell

    Leave a comment:


  • iamsam
    replied
    dang ben, so what actually happened to your car? you were working on it, replacing t-belt, water pump, and t-stat, and when it got back together, it leaked like crazy and ran like crap?

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Mountain sun? Did you and Sean keep trucking when we all left lol? Thanks for the wrenching, I'm appreciative and it's unfortunate, but I'm not super bummed... Cars can be fixed.

    For my longer / closer friends lol, you'd know that I have a bitch of a time with cars. I'm very enthusiastic, but I'm not surprised... Maybe a vehicle or two ago I woulda been pissed and stressed, but not now really... It is what it is, it runs... It's good. The valves sound louder now (but it's probably just me). Once I get it all wrapped up, hopefully it will be smooth and I won't have to worry about autocrossing the car or tracking it, etc...

    Leave a comment:


  • ZombiE30
    replied
    sorry about the car!
    i feel bad since i did most of the wrenching......

    anyway, the way your car runs is either A) new vacuum leak (not tight connection) or B) AFM connector installed upside down. I did not double check that, so flip it over and see if that works before you go apeshit trying to track down driveability stuff.

    also, for the coolant leak; that sucks. mine did that and seriously i just ran it until it sealed itself, because when i did mine i forgot the sealant also, and was like 'oh well'.

    so.......either find a way to make sure it seals (running and/or gooey substance)
    Or just pull it all apart again and re-seal it. you should be able to do this without moving the timing belt. may be tough though. pull the hood off this time.

    in any case, your car isn't a total disaster, just a couple things that can be fixed without great trouble. let me know if you need help though! ugh!

    ps-y'all missed stout month at mountain sun

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    yea its leaking like crazy and running like hell, hopefully tomorrow it'll get sorted....
    who knows about the meet Sam..

    Leave a comment:


  • Bimmerman325i
    replied
    Are we meeting before the Euro meet to caravan?

    The Tbelt party was fun, or at least the last couple hours until Ben's car got back together. We couldn't figure out what was going on. I got there at six o'clock though, and was thoroughly lost trying to figure out what was going on. So I just helped where I could. Good times were had though, for the most part. Cold as balls though.

    Leave a comment:


  • iamsam
    replied
    Originally posted by Bishop
    My car is on stands leaking coolant like it's it's job. Sitting at old Chicago waiting for appetizers and drinking blue moon.....
    what's going on with your car? will you be able to take it to the meet tomorry?

    if not, I can pick you up, and this time I have sweet cloth sport seats.....

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    My car is on stands leaking coolant like it's it's job. Sitting at old Chicago waiting for appetizers and drinking blue moon.....

    Leave a comment:


  • iamsam
    replied
    so how was the T-belt partay?

    Leave a comment:


  • Bishop
    replied
    Gimme a call, cause Sean doesn't know where I live lol.... 12 or 1 ish is fine. Not a lot of hits tonight, so who knows who will come tomorrow (probably not many people)

    Leave a comment:


  • ZombiE30
    replied
    agreed. Provided I get off the damn computer and go to sleep soon, i should be out of the gym by noonish. I will call people for location.

    Leave a comment:


  • stoliver54
    replied
    I told Ben I was going to call him a little before noon. I really think we should get started close to noon, just in case... I am confident that we will get things done quickly but I would rather have extra time and be able to make it to the CUSCC meet.

    Leave a comment:


  • ZombiE30
    replied
    seems like the time is still up in the air.....
    I'll try to be available by noon, but if not, then I will arrive around 1 or 2ish with all my tools, some jack stands, drain pan, multimeter and random shit.

    Leave a comment:

Working...