• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picnic!!!!!!!!!!
    My Build Thread

My Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
      Dude. Just rip all that shit out and run stock wiring. There's no need for all that extra crap that your PO installed.
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

It was a european option from what Ive read, I just dont understand why its not working correctly. There must be a short somewhere.
        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
        willschnitz

Comment

This is what I have, the wire colors are probably not exact but you get the idea, also dont know where they wires through after they go into harness, its all covered and dont really have time to tear it fully apart.

It keeps popping the two 7.5Amp high beam fuses, and only those two.
          There is so much possibly wrong there I don't where to start, not enough ground on the low beam side, wire gauge too small on the feed, bad splices, feedback( high resistance short) from the low beam to high beam on the ground side, bad connections, bad grounds, switches, relays not capable of handling the load, and on and on. Its a good thing the fuses blow before any real damage happens.
          1990 325is "the rat"/ E30 Warsteiner tribute racecar/1985 325e "faded Glory"/ 1968 Chevy II Nova "the baby"/ 2001 525i 5spd purchased May 2013 with 16k miles. Plus other junk that annoys the neighbors.

Comment

This is what I have, the wire colors are probably not exact but you get the idea, also dont know where they wires through after they go into harness, its all covered and dont really have time to tear it fully apart.

It keeps popping the two 7.5Amp high beam fuses, and only those two.
            It LOOKS like that's how it's supposed to be wired. Have you checked wire resistance with things disconnected. Or tossed a 10a in the and see if it blows in the same amount of time? (I wouldn't run it for more than a little while to diagnose though...)
            84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
            Manual swap all the things!

Comment

I haven't to either, its my sisters car so because its being left here in Washington it might end up sitting unfixed. The low beams still work, the issues only happen when you turn on highs.
              willschnitz

Comment

why you movin'? Parents relocating or are you for school?
                Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Both? ; P
                  clutchCTRL!
                  Move with a purpose.
                  - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                  - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                  - 2000 323i AT
                  2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Both, Pops asked to be put on a project in kenosha for next 4 years at amazon, im going to UW stout for my Network engineering degree.
                    willschnitz

Comment

University of Wisconsin? Back with all the relatives right?
                      Parts Collector and Former Houndstooth interior junkie.

Comment

Right, theres like a 95% chance i'll come back out here after college if i can though. I really like it out here, im going to miss it.
                        willschnitz

Comment

Yeah I figure networking jobs out here are alot more likely then out there?

Shit, I better at least see you virtual driving on the interwebz.
                          clutchCTRL!
                          Move with a purpose.
                          - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                          - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                          - 2000 323i AT
                          2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                            Yeah I figure networking jobs out here are alot more likely then out there?

Shit, I better at least see you virtual driving on the interwebz.
                            Depends how shit TWC is for the driving.

Yeah network engineering is pretty open, I could get somewhere "easy" like intel/amazon/google/etc where you sit and maintain server farms all day. Or i could do something a bit more annoying and work for a company that would dispatch me to different businesses and set up and maintain their servers/voip service/etc.
                            willschnitz

Comment

I feel like I'm watching a conversation about going to mechanic school the day the Tesla Model S came out. You just can't predict what the market is really going to be looking for a few years down the line when you're just shipping out.
                              Alpha Team Inductee

2014 Icon E-Flyer
                              2013 Zboard San Francisco Special
                              2010 Buell XB9SX
                              2009 Harley-Davidson 883 Iron - "Xerces"
                              1991 BMW 362iS Touring - "Stephanie/The Death Machine 2.0"
                              1974 Honda CB360/CL360 Scrambler Project
                              1971 Honda Trail 90 - "Stephen Parish"
                              2008 Saab 9-3 Convertible
                              2002 Mazda Miata LS

Comment

Can always switch, should I go get a liberal arts degree instead? :P
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X