No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

toes are you sure you have compression. no being a dick but your known for destroying shit. you either a fucked up your timing you have a fucked ecu thats really it if you have fuel and have air and spark there isnt much left.
    Originally posted by bmwm42
    PNW vulture pm me for parts
    Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

haha I know. No I am sure because I put a gauge on it and checked all four. the ignition coil mounting bracket, the one corner of coil #1 I didnt have bolted down but now it is. the bracket is tweaked a bit because I used a grinder on it to make the new bosch coils fit better.

all 4 coils/wires give a orange spark with a hint of blue... I have checked the order a zillion times. Im 100% confident the ignition system is hooked up properly.

ECU is good, how else would I have spark + fuel...

also I checked engine ground g103, which is bolted to the edge of the battery tray. its on there tight and I havent touched it at all. the engine ground strap looks solid and not even that cracked. I made sure everything is tight.

I have 12.2volts at battery and 12.1 at the ignition coils with ignition on, good sign.
      Last edited by 5Toes; 11-21-2015, 11:57 PM.

Comment

I'd go back to stock injectors. I don't know... have no real argument for that.

Comment

I bet you have those fuckers in the wrong order
          Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

maybe I need to take a video of me doing the continuity tests and shit, but I have checked them many times and Im be highly suprised if they are somehow mixed up. Im thinking the orange spark is the problem. maybe just shitty half-way fouled plugs. im buying new ngk plugs and wires next week so guess the car is gonna sit till then.

Comment

Remember that e30 you used homedepo lamp cord on to extend the injectors?
              Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                Remember that e30 you used homedepo lamp cord on to extend the injectors?

lol hoes has fuckups for days
                Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

oh well, I learn from my mistakes. I pulled the fuel pump fuse and plugs and evacuated the engine of all gas. took a quick comp. reading - tested good. threw new plugs in and gave it a try.

its close to starting but not yet... sigh. I also checked my ignition system yet again and its all in order. new plugs def. helped.

Comment

Orange spark? That doesn't sound right...

Well if it has compression and fuel, are you sure you don't have the ign trigger wheel backwards or something dumb?
                    -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                    08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                    318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                    '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                    Originally posted by roguetoaster
                    Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

the spark is hard to see now that its sunny out. battery is on charger, it was getting low from cranking.

Im busy DJing and smoking while it charges haha

Comment

okay everybody call me a dumbass. put the coils back to the order they were in before and it fired up first turn of the key... this car hates me.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                          okay everybody call me a dumbass. put the coils back to the order they were in before and it fired up first turn of the key... this car hates me.
                          I told you to put them back at least 20 times. You didn't want to listen...

Living up to your "for3ver n00b" title, for sure.
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

fwiw I shut the car off and pinned out the DME yet again, even counted twice which pin # I was probing exactly.

still have 1+3 and 4+2 mixed up according to these pinouts. would appreciate it if somebody else with m42 could run those tests real quick. you should have continuity between pin #25 on DME harness connector and pin 1 of your ignition coil for cylinder #1 as seen in the diagram below. either car runs good so something here is very fishy.

on my car, pin 24 of the DME seems to cylinder 1

Last edited by 5Toes; 11-22-2015, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                              I bet you have those fuckers in the wrong order

hoes you are a fucktard lol
                              Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

phil it would be cool if you can report your findings about my post above.

Comment

Working...
                                X