No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's completely impractical to think about paying someone to do the swap for you.

Either learn what you need to do, buy the shit and do it yourself or just enjoy your car for now until you're ready to do it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by 4tDX View Post
      Is one gonna be a parts car?

You should definitely do a bronzit 'photo shoot' and calendar just for Austin.

I totally should. Maybe I can borrow a thong from my wife and get all stretched out on my Bronzit goodness.. mmmmmm, sexy time!

(you won't be able to unsee it!)
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Bahahahahahahahahaha. Some things don't need to be seen...that would be one of them
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
          It's completely impractical to think about paying someone to do the swap for you.

Either learn what you need to do, buy the shit and do it yourself or just enjoy your car for now until you're ready to do it yourself.
          It's not really impractical if I think I'd rather pay a professional to do something to my car than do it myself in a parking lot. I don't have a garage or much storage space, and there's several reputable shops in my area.
          sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
            It's not really impractical if I think I'd rather pay a professional to do something to my car than do it myself in a parking lot. I don't have a garage or much storage space, and there's several reputable shops in my area.
            It would cost you 2 to 3 times as much as doing the swap yourself. Figure in 40-50 dollars an hour for shop time. You would be better off becoming friends with someone who had a shop, and wouldn't mind you taking up some space for a weekend or two. If yu do your research and get everything before hand, an s5x swap does not seem incredibly daunting.
            Hank Ahrens
            1984 Alpine Coupe
            1978 911sc

Comment

I know its been asked before but im too lazy to find it and r3vs search feature sucks.

What are some decent places for panel repair and paint in Seattle. My sisters e30 got bumped into at Western, needs Hood repaired and we were just going to toss in repairing the fender thats been bent.

I liked haury's service, but they really seemed to treat me like I was dumb, and I know I didnt get the best price.
              1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
              willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
                It's impractical because if you don't have the time/space to do it on your own (because you're in an apartment, driving an old car) you probably don't have enough money to drop 3-4k of labor to pay a professional to do it.

Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                It would cost you 2 to 3 times as much as doing the swap yourself. Figure in 40-50 dollars an hour for shop time. You would be better off becoming friends with someone who had a shop, and wouldn't mind you taking up some space for a weekend or two. If yu do your research and get everything before hand, an s5x swap does not seem incredibly daunting.
                Any real shop is going to be 75 to 100/hr or even higher.

If dudebro wants to write a check for a faster car, he's better off writing one for a better, faster car in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                  It's impractical because if you don't have the time/space to do it on your own (because you're in an apartment, driving an old car) you probably don't have enough money to drop 3-4k of labor to pay a professional to do it.

Any real shop is going to be 75 to 100/hr or even higher.

If dudebro wants to write a check for a faster car, he's better off writing one for a better, faster car in the first place.
                  QFT

Theres plenty of swapped cars available to buy now, will save you a big headache
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                    QFT

Theres plenty of swapped cars available to buy now, will save you a big headache
                    There are some killer deals on S50 swapped E30s on the Cars for Sale sub-forum ATM. Hell, its even cheaper than doing the swap yourself. If I didn't want the experience, I would have definitely gone that route.

Comment

Check out this bad boy:

https://yakima.craigslist.org/cto/5342598148.html

Comment

Meh. BRAT's - didn't like them when they were new, still not a fan.

I guess some people get all misty-eyed for them...
                        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                        2016 Ford Flex
                        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

anybody ever have a problem with their trunk seal leaking, even though its in great condition? my one car is letting in alot of water, and while being locked inside with my flashlight I have pinpointed the leak to the trunk seal. I aligned the trunk and tightened the latch, etc. but it still leaks bad. the trunk is not bent out of shape and has a good sealing surface - the trunk seal is supple and crack free with no tears. I am leery of buying a new seal because Im worried it wont actually fix my problem... and I cant afford to waste money

Comment

did you check your tail light gaskets? pretty common leak location as well

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                              anybody ever have a problem with their trunk seal leaking, even though its in great condition? my one car is letting in alot of water, and while being locked inside with my flashlight I have pinpointed the leak to the trunk seal. I aligned the trunk and tightened the latch, etc. but it still leaks bad. the trunk is not bent out of shape and has a good sealing surface - the trunk seal is supple and crack free with no tears. I am leery of buying a new seal because Im worried it wont actually fix my problem... and I cant afford to waste money
                              Super glue on the trunk seal helps a lot. Just make sure it's still wet when you close your trunk.
                              Hank Ahrens
                              1984 Alpine Coupe
                              1978 911sc

Comment

Originally posted by wannaBMthree View Post
                                y u do dis
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X