Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Whats preventing you from turning the 2 blown motors into 1 good motor?

    Comment


      Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
      Whats preventing you from turning the 2 blown motors into 1 good motor?

      Both blocks and heads are not usable.
      I have I think ~27 out out 48 valves bent
      Pistons are broken.
      Rods are snapped.
      - S50 Swapped E30 1/1 Mineral White -
      @vaughnbannister on IG

      Comment


        Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
        Anything to look out for when inspecting an s52? I'm gonna go look at an e36m next weekend...
        S52 is a pretty solid engine. Vanos rattle and any knocking. Mileage. You know the rest, like any other used car.

        Comment


          Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
          Anything to look out for when inspecting an s52? I'm gonna go look at an e36m next weekend...
          uhh not much. S52's are pretty bullet proof. I would say try and see the car when its dead cold. Cold starts can help indicate Vanos issues. Listen for vanos rattle. And then just do your basic Engine look thru. I cant really think of anything else off the top of my head.

          good luck though, dude! I love E36 M's
          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler


          Originally posted by IronJoe
          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

          Originally posted by 2mAn
          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

          Comment


            Originally posted by iiTzvaughn View Post
            Both blocks and heads are not usable.
            I have I think ~27 out out 48 valves bent
            Pistons are broken.
            Rods are snapped.
            I picked up a used block for 300$, the head isn't special, only the cams and valve train. Pistons on S52 should be replaced with forged ones because OEM rings are 800$ and Forged Pistons are 1000$. The rods are the same as the M52B28. Only thing you really need is the crank. Sorry to hear about your misfortune

            Comment


              I've had the itch for an E46 M3 since prices are dropping sooooo much....

              Do i sell the E30 for a car i've wanted since High School?
              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler


              Originally posted by IronJoe
              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

              Originally posted by 2mAn
              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

              Comment


                Originally posted by EN318isPDX View Post
                I picked up a used block for 300$, the head isn't special, only the cams and valve train. Pistons on S52 should be replaced with forged ones because OEM rings are 800$ and Forged Pistons are 1000$. The rods are the same as the M52B28. Only thing you really need is the crank. Sorry to hear about your misfortune

                One of my friends is hopefully hooking me up with a s50 head and m50 block. I'm just going to bore the m50 out to a 3.0l and all will be good.
                - S50 Swapped E30 1/1 Mineral White -
                @vaughnbannister on IG

                Comment


                  Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                  I've had the itch for an E46 M3 since prices are dropping sooooo much....

                  Do i sell the E30 for a car i've wanted since High School?
                  Damn, you just got that e30 all together!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by iiTzvaughn View Post
                    A guy named mikhail.
                    Is it the suuuuuper eastern European guy with the gay ass teal steering wheel all over fb?
                    Hank Ahrens
                    1984 Alpine Coupe
                    1978 911sc

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                      Is it the suuuuuper eastern European guy with the gay ass teal steering wheel all over fb?

                      Lol. Probably [emoji23]
                      - S50 Swapped E30 1/1 Mineral White -
                      @vaughnbannister on IG

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
                        I've had the itch for an E46 M3 since prices are dropping sooooo much....

                        Do i sell the E30 for a car i've wanted since High School?
                        But Brad your e30 is soo beautiful!

                        I'm kinda in the same boat, I've loved the e46m since like 04 ish back when I was like 10 and they're really getting cheap. I'm gonna put that roof on my e30 And will need something to drive so I'm thinking I'll get this 36m and then in like a year sell that to get into a 46 once I'm making better money and have cleared school and stuff. I'd go right to a 46 but want a bit cheaper car for now... E36m seems like a decent compromise, and it's a vert, gotta have at least one vert in life!
                        -Christian

                        '02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                        08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                        318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                        '37 Chevy pickup, the ├╝ber project
                        Originally posted by roguetoaster
                        Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

                        Comment


                          Portland peeps! I'm driving down to Ptown tomorrow for work and know some of you have parts you're dying to sell. Thought I'd see if anyone has anything I need. Short list, will have cash with me.
                          Nice e30 sport seats in anything other than tan, will trade my refreshed tan suede seats for a good set.
                          Mtech 2 wheel in 270. However would also be tempted for 285.
                          Plastic bumpers!
                          Under "steering wheel" plastic cover
                          Rear plate filler
                          Hawk pads
                          BBS 14" weave center caps
                          Basic 6 button computer (mines bleeding)

                          I'd also be down to just hang and bullshit too if anyone wants to meet up and talk cars while I wait for traffic to die down.
                          Last edited by e30_world; 03-01-2016, 08:04 PM.
                          F80 M3 Alpine
                          E10 Fjord Blue 2002
                          E28 Blackish 535i
                          E21 Silver 320i
                          Disco1 98 4.6
                          ~~~~~~
                          E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
                          E30 325i SOLD
                          E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
                          E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            Added
                            5mm spacers 4x100
                            4point roll cage
                            F80 M3 Alpine
                            E10 Fjord Blue 2002
                            E28 Blackish 535i
                            E21 Silver 320i
                            Disco1 98 4.6
                            ~~~~~~
                            E30 Cirrus coupe S50 SOLD
                            E30 325i SOLD
                            E30 Alpine 325i vert Euro spec SOLD
                            E30 Alpine coupe 325is SOLD
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by ahrensNW View Post
                              Is it the suuuuuper eastern European guy with the gay ass teal steering wheel all over fb?

                              WAIT. YES. ITS IN HIS FUCKING PROFILE PIC [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
                              - S50 Swapped E30 1/1 Mineral White -
                              @vaughnbannister on IG

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by RainRider View Post
                                S52 is a pretty solid engine. Vanos rattle and any knocking. Mileage. You know the rest, like any other used car.

                                Ccv system, milky oil cap, coolant system, wet carpet.
                                Last edited by Matt-B; 03-01-2016, 10:40 PM.


                                Please leave feedback below, thanks

                                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X