PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post
    Hanging out with Josh, Matt and Victor. I'm changing out my blower motor and watching Josh do wiring for his swap. Life's good.
    built not bought

Comment

Abe, what part of town do you all live. If you all have another wrenching session, I could swing by and bore you all with some tales of yore...
      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
      2016 Ford Flex
      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
        But from a parents view point letting your child go out and work underneath a car in the wet and cold while its dark out isn't a good idea.
        Yet I want the thing off so I can bench test it and atleast be driving to school Wednesday after I order parts.

Comment

i hate youtube. i sit and watch a couple turbo M20's and now im searching for parts to build the turbo system for my car. FML

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
          That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

Think I might buy this if my starter is indeed at fault (and not the wiring)

According to that youtube video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbDeq9fi7Ak) it is the contact points within the starter that foten go wrong... not the starter motor or solenoid itself.

Comment

the contacts get burnt and corroded so if you replace them and clean everything then yes, its a ghetto rebuild which ive done on the side of the road at a gas station before to get my car started.

side note, anyone swap M50 injectors into their stock M20 and notice any difference at all with how it runs, smoother at idle or at WOT, MPG's, etc. im going to be tearing into my car to change the pan gasket, E36 rack swap, and a few other things and just figured they are cheap enough and if they do anything cool, if not they will stay out until i get a chip to accompany them.

That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

How bad would it be if I bought jdm wheels for my e30? social suicide maybe?

89 Sedan

Comment

^ umm no

Lots of JDM wheels look great

Comment

ok good to know. I don't want r3v people to shun me lol. because I'm about to get XXR 521 matte black and slam them

89 Sedan

Comment

those are NOT JDM wheels. more like CDM.

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                        Abe, what part of town do you all live. If you all have another wrenching session, I could swing by and bore you all with some tales of yore...
                        im matt, in that quote.

and we make birth in vancouver WA, or the 360 as we call it

more specifically hazel dell

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post

Well it was cool you coming out today.
                          Did you ever go skiing today?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
                            For the IX model it get's slightly more complicated. You need the specific transmission, transfer case, & from the research I have seen thus far, suggests getting both IX specific front and rear diff.
                            If you get serious about picking that car up I have an iX specific G260 for sale that was in perfect working order when removed from the car. I also have a front diff out of the manual car, and a bunch of suspension parts should you be in the market.

Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post
                            Hanging out with Josh, Matt and Victor. I'm changing out my blower motor and watching Josh do wiring for his swap. Life's good.
                            Nice seeing you gents ;)

Originally posted by Mullet Bullet View Post
                            those are NOT JDM wheels. more like CDM.

Correct. XXR is crap

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                            Bluebird Bus Conversion
                            New Oregon Trail

Comment

Originally posted by Mullet Bullet View Post
                              the contacts get burnt and corroded so if you replace them and clean everything then yes, its a ghetto rebuild which ive done on the side of the road at a gas station before to get my car started.

side note, anyone swap M50 injectors into their stock M20 and notice any difference at all with how it runs, smoother at idle or at WOT, MPG's, etc. im going to be tearing into my car to change the pan gasket, E36 rack swap, and a few other things and just figured they are cheap enough and if they do anything cool, if not they will stay out until i get a chip to accompany them.
                              It might do the exact opposite of what your hoping if they are bigger injectors.
                              Originally posted by Sonny
                              I am a meme for our community.

Comment

hey dudes.
                                Finally got the motor back in yesterday and i'll be putting the car back on the road today.
                                Anyone that wants to help would be great. The car is in orchards, Wa.
                                Call me if you're down to wrench. 360 334 1957

Saw Matt-b on 500 yesterday, what the hell you been up to dude?
                                sigpic
                                Currently without an e30. Will probably die soon.

Comment

Working...
                                X