PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
    I never understood the M42 ribbing. I had one and it was a pretty fun little motor. Of course not putting down gobs of WHP, but honestly who here is?

My E30 M3 at 160whp was far and away more fun to drive than my 500hp holset c900. If you're looking to be the horsepower king, there are more friendly platforms to start with than the e30.
    it's not the worst engine, just not worth putting much money into "building" one, imo. my m42 is still hanging on, somehow.

i'm considering doing a LFX (camaro v6, 300hp) engine swap in the future to replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
      it's not the worst engine, just not worth putting much money into "building" one, imo. my m42 is still hanging on, somehow.
      This. My 184k California car (that saw little to no maintenance over the last 15 years) runs excellent. I will drive the shit out of it til it lets go. I've got an M50NV hanging around that will probably get stuffed in at that point. Hoping that doesn't happen. Lol
      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I catch 30mpg combined with my chipped m42 sedan. that includes plenty of hooning too. commuting 300 miles a week it really makes a difference. not sure I want another m20 e30

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
          I catch 30mpg combined with my chipped m42 sedan. that includes plenty of hooning too. commuting 300 miles a week it really makes a difference. not sure I want another m20 e30

5 gallons a week difference = under 15 bucks a week.

find a better way to pinch pennies

Comment

When someone starts throwing the word "hoon/hooning" around..

clutchCTRL!
            Move with a purpose.
            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
            - 2000 323i AT
            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

I got 25-28mpg when I dailed my M52. Plenty of "hooning" too over here.
              Simon
              Current Cars:
              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Nothing is worth being stuck with a m42. I commute 270 miles a week and get probably around 10-15mpg. I have to fill up every other day. I calculated it out and I think it costs only about 3k a year.
                Originally posted by Sonny
                I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                  When someone starts throwing the word "hoon/hooning" around..

Comment

"stuck" with an m42... the engine that outperforms the m20b27 in almost every single way... hahahahahaha OKAY

Comment

i see you cherry picked the one m20 that it outperforms

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
                        i see you cherry picked the one m20 that it outperforms
                        LOL, this

Also the M42 sounds like fucking poop...M20 makes glorious noises.

Comment

the only thing the m20b25 has on it is more torque and slightly more horsepower. the m42 is 10hp more per liter which is quite a bit... stock vs stock. call me crazy but the sound of a high strung 4 banger is sweet as long as its not equipped with a fart can. anybody got some exhaust clips to share? Im gonna take one when I get home Im inspired to all of a sudden

Comment

call me crazy ....
                            Id prefer to call you forever n00b
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Well, Fuckers, I get like 20-25 on the hwy with my M60 swap.....
                              Lets not talk about the "hoon mileage."
                              Dumpster Fire Pilot

Comment

Toes loves saying the word "Chipped"

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Working...
                                X