X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e30austin
    replied
    Originally posted by 4tDX View Post
    There was a black on black E34 wagon I didn't catch soon enough a couple of months ago in PDX.

Been looking, for what seems like forever, for a BMW, but everything is priced to the moon or is an absolutely dumpster fire of a car.

Owned a MT 2.0T A4 avant and really didn't enjoy the car. Test drove a couple of V70Rs that i wanted to like so badly, but too many little things I disliked... Stuck with trying to find a BMW for now.
    do you no longer own an S50 powered early sedan?

Leave a comment:

• 4tDX
    replied
    There was a black on black E34 wagon I didn't catch soon enough a couple of months ago in PDX.

Been looking, for what seems like forever, for a BMW, but everything is priced to the moon or is an absolutely dumpster fire of a car.

Owned a MT 2.0T A4 avant and really didn't enjoy the car. Test drove a couple of V70Rs that i wanted to like so badly, but too many little things I disliked... Stuck with trying to find a BMW for now.
    Last edited by 4tDX; 09-29-2022, 04:08 AM.

Leave a comment:

• TobyB
    replied
    E34 wagon
    yeah, I think I missed the last one in the state about 5 years ago. Then one showed up in the local junkyard last winter...

So I settled for an E39 wagon. Even those are getting harder to find at 'project' prices. I'm not in love with the steering ratio,
    but as a cruiser, it does all right.

t

Leave a comment:

• AbeSonic
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

I miss my E30, not gonna lie... but I cant stand dealing with smog so now my fun car is smog exempt ...

I was tempted to get a 4door 324D (smog exempt in California) before I bought my Alfa. It looked like it had some rust... so instead of buying that I bought a rusty Alfa Romeo lol
    Sounds like sound logic

In other news, my ZHP is up for sale and I got some nibbles. Gonna make a couple pile-o-money happen soon and finally investing into a certain sad delphin gray savings account that's been long neglected.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    Originally posted by AbeSonic View Post

Said the biggest liar in the world lol
    I miss my E30, not gonna lie... but I cant stand dealing with smog so now my fun car is smog exempt ...

I was tempted to get a 4door 324D (smog exempt in California) before I bought my Alfa. It looked like it had some rust... so instead of buying that I bought a rusty Alfa Romeo lol
    Last edited by 2mAn; 09-20-2022, 02:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• AbeSonic
    replied
    Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    I don't miss my E30 at all.
    Said the biggest liar in the world lol

Leave a comment:

• Wschnitz
    replied
    I don't miss my E30 at all.

Leave a comment:

• 4tDX
    replied
    Anyone got a 'mild' project car they are wanting to part company with?

Seems like a long shot, but I seem incapable of finding a car on my own. And as many threads have been pointing out recently, it feels like all the forums are dying out.

I'm looking for an E30 non-vert, E34 wagon, or possibly an E39 (sedan or wagon). I'd prefer the 6cylinder and MT in all cases, but will entertain AT and 8cylinder cars.

Leave a comment:

• bmwm42
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryann View Post
    Fuck you assholes.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied

Yeah I think everyone migrated to the FB pages and I quit the FB some time ago. I finally picked up some pieces for my E30 and remembered this little site and its plethora of knowledge.

How's SoCal handsome?
    F-FB... hopefully more adults come to their senses... I dont think the kids use it... or do they? thought it was just for boomers and fake news now...

anyways, you need to take a trip down here for the SoCal Vintage BMW show. Amazing BMW, warm weather and then the Best of France and Italy car show the next day.

Leave a comment:

• AbeSonic
    replied
    Originally posted by 2mAn View Post

Glad to see you pop your head in here... some are still here, many are not
    Yeah I think everyone migrated to the FB pages and I quit the FB some time ago. I finally picked up some pieces for my E30 and remembered this little site and its plethora of knowledge.

How's SoCal handsome?

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied

How's everyone doin?
    Glad to see you pop your head in here... some are still here, many are not

Leave a comment:

• AbeSonic
    replied
    Originally posted by Ryann View Post
    Fuck you assholes.
    Randomly decided to drop in and say hi and I see this

Took a minute to remember my log in creds LOL

How's everyone doin?

Leave a comment:

• TobyB
    replied
    It has a heated steering wheel.

It was love at first grope.

I sit in the barn, warming my hands, and I haven't got the cams back in.

It also has the non- computer HVAC, which is... odd. Manual seats, but heated.

I love it. I should fix it so I can get it out of the damned barn and get
    back to work on other things. Like an M54B30E30.

What a messed up couple of years it's been.

t

Leave a comment:

• iansane
    replied
    Originally posted by TobyB View Post
    Ahhh, the love. THAT's the R3V spirit.

I haven't done shit with an E30 in far too long.
    DID get an E39 wagon, which is sitting in the barn
    with the head off.

t
    I picked up an e39 wagon too. And then promptly sold it. Really nice cars, just not my thing.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X