No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stupid holiday week, instead of having tuesday off like normal i now have thursday off. but what sucks about this is i really need to tear my car apart to do the E36 rack swap, oil pan gasket, and the oil pan baffle. but because the dealership will be closed i can't go and pick up the new p/s res. or copper gaskets for the p/s hoses. i guess it will wait another week.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
    That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

^know the feeling.

I just pulled this from my car:

Looks to be wiring a phone that once was there. Free to anyone who wants it (thought I'd just ask).

'04 Toyota Sienna AWD (sold)
      '86 BMW 325 coupe (owned since 10/11)
      '05 Subaru WRX sedan (sold)
      '86 Subaru GL-10 wagon (sold)
      '98 Acura Integra GS-R hatchback (sold)

Comment

I got a 4 day weekened coming up. Its gonna be tits

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
          Thats what I meant by a square setup, each wheel/tire is the same size/diameter. The thing that kills diffs and tcases is running mismatched wheels/tires
          Gotcha... Imma do more research but this sounds about right. Sent ya a pm too Steve!
          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Also be sure to measure your tires to make sure they're all the same. I know you got them used Homie!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
            clutchCTRL!
            Move with a purpose.
            - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
            - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
            - 2000 323i AT
            2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
              Also be sure to measure your tires to make sure they're all the same. I know you got them used Homie!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk
              word! they are all the same size!
              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

Overall height of the tires is the only thing that will really screw you, doesn't really matter what width or size wheel you run as long as all 4 tires measure the same outside diameter.

This weather blows, it needs to snow or gtfo.

Comment

^^ +1.

What do you guys think of 16" open lug Alpina's on my car?
                  '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Seattle-ish crew: What say you to a 21+ r3v nite out GTG? AKA bar/party/club nite? I know we talked about this at Oktoberfest but nobody ever followed up.
                    '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by IronJoe View Post
                      Seattle-ish crew: What say you to a 21+ r3v nite out GTG? AKA bar/party/club nite? I know we talked about this at Oktoberfest but nobody ever followed up.
                      Downnnnnn for this
                      08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

What do you guys think? Offer $1000? Looks like the front driver seat is beat, so I assume the inside needs work.

Edit: 89' 325is no motor/transmission & the rear shocks look a little shot.
                        Last edited by HarukoE30; 11-21-2011, 04:00 PM. Reason: edit
                        Originally posted by James Crivellone
                        1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

FML doing the oil pan gasket on my 325i at work, went to put the oil pump drive back in and the freakin nylon stop washer broke. lucky for me luke is on his way to BMW to grab one for me since im stuck at work. working on my car when i shouldn't be.

That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

grounds on my car are good. Well the main engine one is. I grounded my test light to my intake manifold and then poked the red wire going to the starter... so the grounds are good.

However... no Im removing the intake manifold. I did all the easy bolts I can reach. Just got them a little looser than finger tight. I got the airbox off too.

But now the vacuum hoses are all being stubborn... the brake booster one is rock solid and wont budge at all.

Am I nuts to want to replace every OEM crimp style hose clamp???

Comment

Originally posted by HarukoE30 View Post
                              What do you guys think? Offer $1000? Looks like the front driver seat is beat, so I assume the inside needs work.

Edit: 89' 325is no motor/transmission & the rear shocks look a little shot.
                              I've been thinking about that one, maybe offer him less w/ out wheels. Got a head pretty much done, just would need to get a bottom end and a trans. Hmm...
                              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

once again, FML. Luke came to the rescue with the only shaft stop BMW had in the PNW. install the shaft to have the other stop crumble in my hand. FUCK. got it buttoned back up and going to baby it home and park it until another pair shows up as well as the other parts on order.

on a side note, the oil isn't that hard to get in and out really.

Comment

Working...
                                X