• Show
Clear All

Could it be timing is 180 out
    Originally posted by bmwm42
    PNW vulture pm me for parts
    Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
      Shitty...you'll figure it out eventually man. Have you tried cranking it with the plugs out? Also maybe you've lost compression due to cranking it a ton with all that fuel washing all the oil off the piston rings? Drop some oil down the spark plug hole and clean plugs and try that?
      new plugs, cranked the engine without plugs in ti and the fuel pump disconnected, put a few squirts of oil in the cylinders and put the new plugs in. still nothing.

Originally posted by Eta power View Post

have not tried anything with the AFM as of yet, that was my next guess after i get home from work tomorrow. have a 12 hour shift i need to be at at 12pm today. so yea...

im going to see if luke ever has a spare minute to swing by and let me try his AFM as well as a few other things.

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
      Could it be timing is 180 out
      nope, car ran perfect, parked it for a week waiting for parts. parts showed, drove the car to the store and back (10 minutes or so) parked it. swapped pan gaskets and oil pump drive shaft stops and put it back together. ran like shit, sat a few more days and now it doesn't start at all.

dunno, maybe moving the ground around that connects the pan to the frame fucked it up, it is original and kinda shitty looking. so i tried hooking the black lead of a jumper cable from the ground post on the passenger strut tower to the exhaust manifold. still nothing.

Originally posted by nwvb bmw
      That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

A bad ground will cause all kinds of fucked of problems
        Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

thats what i have been thinking this morning. im going to swing by the parts store and grab a new ground cable and see if that does anything.

That guy is going to lock you in his basement and make you ware a little pirate costume.

Comment

I'm sure it will fix the problem someone oh here recently had the same issue think it was josh and new ground fixed it
            Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
              Shitty...you'll figure it out eventually man. Have you tried cranking it with the plugs out? Also maybe you've lost compression due to cranking it a ton with all that fuel washing all the oil off the piston rings? Drop some oil down the spark plug hole and clean plugs and try that?
              How much oil do I use and how much? I likely need to do this...

Comment

Yes I am including myself in the vulture crowd ;)
                It would be a shame to part that car out, but I have been in your position before. Hopefully you can keep pressing on with it

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                Bluebird Bus Conversion
                New Oregon Trail

Comment

Random question: If an engine is to be stored on a pallet for as long as a few months, is better to leave the oil in it or drain it? Same question for transmissions and differentials

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                  Bluebird Bus Conversion
                  New Oregon Trail

Comment

Have you checked your FPR?

Comment

Leave oil in
                      Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Mullet Bullet. I'd come to the help me fix my E30 party. I have a 89 325is that we can pull parts off of to test such as the afm.
                        Originally posted by Sonny
                        I am a meme for our community.

Comment

I'd help if I were closer!
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Damn it, I need one of those parties. lol not really... I am going out to check spark on each plug wire and to see if the injectors are firing right meow

Comment

thanks guys, i dunno maybe this saturday we could do a party. i will pick up a few little ceasers pizza's.

just got back from work, i guess they need me to now go to bremerton to get my security passes to get onto the navy bases for work. sweet, driving my bug out to bremerton now, wish me luck.

Comment

lol come say hi!

Comment

Working...
                                X