No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the lulz. Don't get me wrong, I like it alright. Just kinda gets old after a while.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
      For the lulz. Don't get me wrong, I like it alright. Just kinda gets old after a while.
      You know what never gets old....?

5 toes!
      sigpic

Comment

Fuck yeah, it sure don't!
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Well I R3V'd my car last night... not too bad though

COming through a roundabout and hit a patch of ise, I tired to correct but the car whipped back and slammed into a curb

Whole front passenger side wheel is pushed back into the fender... car cant roll.

Tire still holds air though!

While waiting the hour and 40 minutes for the tow truck (thank god for AAA) I looked at it and determined that the control arm is fucked. The upper strut mount is twisted, but the strut tower looks good. The fender is bent up a little and the wheel is obviously gone.

Oh and my volvo lip got ripped off :(

Im going to look at it next week, I just need relax time. I felt so worthless when it happened, and I still sort of feel that way. It keeps playing over and over in my head.

So I know I need a new control arm at the very least. I hope my steering rack is okay. Now would be the perfect time to go low up front... but I am saving for a m52. Tie rod ends might be alright, and the strut housing looked okay. I hope the strut isnt bent...

And NO I AM NOT TROLLING

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
            Well I R3V'd my car last night... not too bad though

COming through a roundabout and hit a patch of ise, I tired to correct but the car whipped back and slammed into a curb

Whole front passenger side wheel is pushed back into the fender... car cant roll.

Tire still holds air though!

While waiting the hour and 40 minutes for the tow truck (thank god for AAA) I looked at it and determined that the control arm is fucked. The upper strut mount is twisted, but the strut tower looks good. The fender is bent up a little and the wheel is obviously gone.

Oh and my volvo lip got ripped off :(

Im going to look at it next week, I just need relax time. I felt so worthless when it happened, and I still sort of feel that way. It keeps playing over and over in my head.

So I know I need a new control arm at the very least. I hope my steering rack is okay. Now would be the perfect time to go low up front... but I am saving for a m52. Tie rod ends might be alright, and the strut housing looked okay. I hope the strut isnt bent...

And NO I AM NOT TROLLING
            that sucks..good luck with the repair.

if you swapped in the m52, are you gonna keep it auto?
            -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
            91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
            04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
            Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
            Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

^ I dont know. I have thought about it... auto isnt "that" bad

I would use an E36 automatic though

What are everybody's thoughts on going with used control arms? And I guess I gotta do both sides too... here we go

Comment

^ I dont know. I have thought about it... auto isnt "that" bad

I would use an E36 automatic though

What are everybody's thoughts on going with used control arms? And I guess I gotta do both sides too... here we go
                I would go with used control arms. Just replace the bushings and youll be good!
                -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Thats what I figured. This transmission might be the answer if I go auto - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZF_5HP18_transmission

So I guess if anybody has a good control arm off a parts car I need it :)

Comment

For a temporary fix, used would be ok but the ball joints are what wears, not the arm itself.
                    Sorry about your car.

Comment

Your tie rods are more than likely bent as well.

Comment

1. That sucks. Nobody wishes upon another their car gets wrecked.
                        2. On that note, im surprised this hadnt happened earlier lol.
                        sigpic

Comment

Thank you Keith. I would go with new ball joints most likely.

I am thinking I can repair this for $300 or less. The car structurally is fine I think. I looked at the frame rail, and it did not look warped, nor had any dirt fallen off (meaning that it had been warped or something).

Im looking into all the prices..

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
                            1. That sucks. Nobody wishes upon another their car gets wrecked.
                            2. On that note, im surprised this hadnt happened earlier lol.
                            Thanks Brutus...?

I learned my lesson good, that is for sure. Im sure everybody on this board has wrecked a car at one point in their lives.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Devier View Post
                              I know someone mentioned the SMG issues. It's true. We get a lot of them towed in because they're stuck in gear, won't get into gear, stuck in reverse, ect. We rarely get any manual ones towed in. I'd stay away from early model E46 M3s, as they have rod bearing issues. Srs ones. Other than that, they're pretty reliable in all honesty. Sure around 100k (I've seen them fail around 70k) the cooling system needs to be re-done. Also, the car takes 10w-60 Castrol Motorsport oil..aka, around $12 per quart. Oil changes will get expensive quickly.

SMG can suck it hard.
                              Thanks guys for the advice.
                              Drove his E28 to a PPI in Beaverton, God this car has gobs of power!
                              But he really wants an M car.
                              sigpic

Comment

Thanks Brutus...?

I learned my lesson good, that is for sure. Im sure everybody on this board has wrecked a car at one point in their lives.
                                Ive r3ved 1 528e.
                                ecars are ok to r3v lol
                                Any yards out where you live?
                                Sorry about your accident.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X