PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
    What is your guy's thoughts on E90 drophats with stock suspension? Has anybody here removed their front spring pads?

I have seen E30s with a gentle rake... and I like it
    I did it on another r3v'ers car and it wasn't bad. With the right tools its maybe an afternoon job.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
      Most clubs let you get away with DOT helmets, when I ran with WMC, PCA, and a few SCCA events they were ok with it. It's only when you move to club racing that you'll need SA. I still have my open face I used for Autocross I can make a cheap deal on (it's just taking up space in my garage.)

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
      Thanks for the info buddy!
      Yea I plan on using it for a few aurocross days at the most, in 2012.
      Pm me if you still want to get rid of it .
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
        Those are legit.

I use a Xoom, and wish I had a Sammy 10.1
        Ill wait to see what iPad 3 comes out with before changing.
        I was using a Galaxy Tab from my wife's work for a while, and I liked it. Now I have a Nook Color running CM7, and it's not bad. For the price, it's done everything I need it too, and the touch screen is comparable to the iPad's/Galaxy. Plus, the Nook seems a bit more "rugged" then some of the other tablets I have played with.
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

$20 now, and I can recoup some money with them
          Not worth it to me IMO. If your car is stock height, just rock
          It until your fully ready to lower the car.

It's a waste of time to remove your suspension twice, especially for a minimal drop (if not less).

Just drive your car dude. Leave the modding to us ;p

Jk! But really....
          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
            It's a waste of time to remove your suspension twice, especially for a minimal drop
            Listen to Spidey.
            '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

It's a waste of time to remove your suspension twice, especially for a minimal drop (if not less).

Jk! But really....
              All this.
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Jk! But really....

This

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                Bluebird Bus Conversion
                New Oregon Trail

Comment

Listen to your elders 5toes. We aren't giving you a hard time because we enjoy it (maybe Austin, ryann, kid325e, gregolas, BMWm42, iron joe, AbeSonic, and the entire r3v community, including myself). We do it because we have been down that road where a car royally fcuks you in the ass because of childish decisions and poorly executed planning.

Your car looks clean. Keep it that way. Or sell it to me. And I'll sell it back to you when your ready to own Gods chariot.

/rant
                  08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

Listen to your elders 5toes. We aren't giving you a hard time because we enjoy it (maybe Austin, ryann, kid325e, gregolas, BMWm42, iron joe, AbeSonic, and the entire r3v community, including myself). We do it because we have been down that road where a car royally fcuks you in the ass because of childish decisions and poorly executed planning.

Your car looks clean. Keep it that way. Or sell it to me. And I'll sell it back to you when your ready to own Gods chariot.

/rant
                    Exactly your immaturity toes and lack of wanting to do shit right the first time. Your ignorance to your elders knowledge and your disregard to it further deems you unworthy of gods chariot. So listen the fuck up to our knowledge do shit and our respect will follow.
                    Originally posted by bmwm42
                    PNW vulture pm me for parts
                    Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Yup we all did dumb stuff to our cars when we were younger. Deep down we're just trying to prevent you from making our mistakes. Like, refreshing only one side of your front suspension for example - you always want to do jobs like this in pairs.
                      '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Anyone here do subarus (I know mullet bullet does)?? My shop has front and rear kaaz LSDs for deals
                        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

^
                          Ive done my fair share of dumb "mods" when I was young lol
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                            Good work on the EMD. I used to do a lot of custom stuff, I sold most of my stuff years ago, but kept a couple oddball things (high hood SD45 in Norfolk Southern scheme..) sometimes miss building some of it.
                            Yeah, it was a lot of work on the SP units, I had take them out of the box myself!

But seriously, the hobby is a lot of fun. The high short hood on [some] SD units always struck me as a very interesting deviation from the rest of the industry.
                            Originally posted by 5Toes
                            bux bux bux. Im all about the bux Mr. Autism

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                              Haruko:

Yes the master goes trough the firewall and at that end that is where the hard clutch line attaches. That hard line goes down past the steering Guibo to a tab welded to the body. That is where the soft clutch slave line attachs and then goes I the slave. There is a hole in the crank where the pilot bearing is pressed in. It is located where the center of the flywheel is. If you google pilot bearing install it will give you an idea. It is pretty much the same.
                              Yeah I'll look for the install to get a better idea, but I've seen the hole you're talking about when I changed the Rear Crank Seal. The tab that was welded has been severely cut by the PO so I have to think of another way to attach it to the body of the car for now. I'm just surprised I could find a small install for the Pilot bearing in Bentley.

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
                              That makes sense. Good luck! I wanna see this fucker on the road and at the Jan 14th meet!
                              Body is straight, but boy does he need a new paint job come Spring. Trying to think if I should do Roller paint, or just do the Maaco route for now. Is there a sign-up for this meet?

$20 now, and I can recoup some money with them
                              For the love of all that is holy, do it right & stop the headaches, unless you like going through them. Hell, I'm elder to some & I still listen.
                              Originally posted by James Crivellone
                              1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

Just rock it as is. If you really wanna paint it on the cheap, I suggest painting it with John Deere tractor paint. Sounds kinda crazy, but it's super durable and long lasting.
                                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                                X