No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will likely need to Ryan. GG 5 lug doesnt appeal to me... wheels aren't that important to me.

Its funny because my car got all new struts in May 2010 but they reused all the mounts. lol

so parts list so far is:
    New strut tube/spindle. (if you have one and are in Seattle or Tacoma please PM me)
    New control arms
    New tie rod ends
    New E30 m3 cabs
    New strut mounts
    New Sway Bar mounts
    possibly new sway bar
    Maybe some E90 drop hats?
    Last edited by 5Toes; 12-28-2011, 07:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eta power View Post
      Damn E30 drivers.
      Austin in his new car??

5Toes, if you need used parts LMK although it sounds like you don't have much budget to work with right now. I have a set of strut housings with low milage if you need some

Bahama Beige E23 Project
      Bluebird Bus Conversion
      New Oregon Trail

Comment

Lucky, is there any other hoses that run down by the transmission/engine besides the one tube to the slave cylinder? In the Bentley book, I'm only seeing that one hose to the master cylinder.
        Originally posted by James Crivellone
        1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

There is one line to clutch master cylinder and one line to clutch slave cylinder.
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
            There is one line to clutch master cylinder and one line to clutch slave cylinder.
            So the line from the Master, goes to the slave and that's it?

Comment

The line from the master cylinder feeds off the brake fluid reservoir. Not too sure where the one from the slave cylinder runs.

Comment

Lucky I only need one strut housing. But Id prefer local because we all know shipping it would be a bitch.

This is the correct "drophats" yes? Looks like it would be $20 ish for 2 from Blunt- http://parts.bmwofsouthatlanta.com/p...336764093.html

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
                  The line from the master cylinder feeds off the brake fluid reservoir. Not too sure where the one from the slave cylinder runs.
                  Well I know the Master has to holes, top one to the brake fluid reservoir, but the longer end that shoots through the lower firewall is to the Slave Cylinder. If that's the case, I'm putting on my flywheel & clutch tomorrow.

I'm struggling to find where to install the Pilot Bearing because Bentley doesn't have it anywhere under the names I've looked and realoem just shows that I stick it in the hole where my flywheel is.

Comment

That makes sense. Good luck! I wanna see this fucker on the road and at the Jan 14th meet!

Comment

Originally posted by Eta power View Post
                      Damn E30 drivers.
                      Nice, yours? Brass or reworked plastic.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk
                      1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                      2016 Ford Flex
                      2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Haruko:

Yes the master goes trough the firewall and at that end that is where the hard clutch line attaches. That hard line goes down past the steering Guibo to a tab welded to the body. That is where the soft clutch slave line attachs and then goes I the slave. There is a hole in the crank where the pilot bearing is pressed in. It is located where the center of the flywheel is. If you google pilot bearing instal it will give you an idea. It is pretty much the same.

What it does is stabilize the transmission input shaft so it doesn't wobble around when the clutch is not engaged. It does this by cupping the tip of the shaft (haha) at the flywheel.

If there is already a pilot bearing (if engine was attached to manual trans) you will need a pilot bearing remover tool. OR you can take a stick like a monkey and push balls of wet paper into the hole until you get enough pressure behind it to pop it out. If the engine was attached to a automatic trans there will be no previous pilot bearing installed so just press your new one in and be done.
                        Originally posted by Sonny
                        I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Just noticed Eric D 'unfriended' me. Wtf Eric!

*sniff*

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
                            Nice, yours? Brass or reworked plastic.
                            The E30 is a plastic kit. The SD45T-2 is a stock Athearn Ready to Roll (plastic), but it is going to get some more detail this coming year.
                            Originally posted by 5Toes
                            bux bux bux. Im all about the bux Mr. Autism

Comment

im thinking about selling the long tube headers i have....
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

I am fucking done with Apple's shit. I was going to buy an iPad 2 but after the issues I've had with iTunes/iPhone backups/iOS5 installation/their fucking ridiculous "library" locks, I am getting an Android tablet.

Trying to find the Asus Transformer Prime somewhere in stock!

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                                So... what's everyone doing for NYE?!

Sent from my LG-P999 using Tapatalk

You tryna put something together?
                                '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Working...
                                X