• Show
Clear All

This iPhone 4s is nice.
    I see why people love these phones.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
      The M50 car.

Still trying to work something out on the alpine coupe. Has two stuck valves so I want to find a good B25 before I buy it so I have everything I need to change the motor in a weekend.
      Why not just source a good cylinder head, or pull the existing one and rebuild it?

Bahama Beige E23 Project
      Bluebird Bus Conversion
      New Oregon Trail

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
        Increase your party budget dude
        Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
        That is some cheap beer and cheap pizza.
        Yeah you're right. I will up the ante when the time comes.

Comment

A part-out party?
          Originally posted by Matt-B
          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
            Why not just source a good cylinder head, or pull the existing one and rebuild it?
            Doesn't make sense because it'll get an S50 at some point. Don't really wanna drop a ton of money and time in a motor that I won't get back.
            '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

So you would rather spend ~$400 on a whole M20 and go through the effort of swapping it in? Don't you work at a machine shop where decking a cleaning a head would be a breeze? Something doesn't ad up here haha.

Even better, just drop your current M50 into it

Bahama Beige E23 Project
              Bluebird Bus Conversion
              New Oregon Trail

Comment

lucky these young smucks just dont get shit lol austin might as well be 5 cells first cousin lol
                Originally posted by bmwm42
                PNW vulture pm me for parts
                Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                  So you would rather spend ~$400 on a whole M20 and go through the effort of swapping it in? Don't you work at a machine shop where decking a cleaning a head would be a breeze? Something doesn't ad up here haha.

Even better, just drop your current M50 into it
                  Yeah, but still, figure in time to pull head off car, disassemble, grind valves, buzz seats, surface, reassemble, install head on car...plus parts, gaskets, etc. Would be easier to buy a $300 "i" motor and swap in a weekend, at least, that's what I think.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                    lucky these young smucks just dont get shit lol austin might as well be 5 cells first cousin lol
                    Fuck off, lol.

Comment

I agree with Lucky. I thought it was odd you wanted a whole motor because of two stuck valves.
                      Originally posted by Sonny
                      I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Thanks for the sig Phil. Lololo

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                          I agree with Lucky. I thought it was odd you wanted a whole motor because of two stuck valves.
                          I mean, hell, maybe I'll tear it down...I'm not sure. Part of me is also thinking head gasket, but either way, the motor's gotta come apart. I'm not sure. Gonna sleep on it. Just another thing...ugh.

Comment

Ahahaha damn, didn't mean to start a shit storm in here. Wait yes I did...

Austin, it's all good. Whichever method you find easiest will be right for you.

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                            Bluebird Bus Conversion
                            New Oregon Trail

Comment

Oh, and I still think it would be quicker to pull the head vs. the entire engine.

Unless you pull them like I do, out the bottom while on a lift ;)

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                              Bluebird Bus Conversion
                              New Oregon Trail

Comment

I saw today...

An e34 M5 touring. It was sterling silver, blew past me on hwy 30 near the St Johns bridge.

I came.

Comment

Working...
                                X