No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally got to drive my Ix in the snow today! Fuckin pumped. Back end was a little squirrelly under full throttle but did pretty well on regular tires
    Originally posted by blunttech
    r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

I didnt have much trouble last night driving in it. mostly the residential streets are dangerous... i locked up the brakes once and i slid a little sideways down a hill, but controlled it all and made it home safely. not driving anywhere today unless its an emergency
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Did Seattle get snow?
        Originally posted by blunttech
        r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

Woke up to a dead battery...it's been a real weak crank the last week or so in the morning, so I knew it was coming. Went to Walmart and they replaced it under warranty. W00t!
          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

let it snow!!! :)
            Transaction Feedback: -click here
            [e30: '91 318is coupe|brilliantrot||e36: '98 318ti|fern green|California top|M-Tech]
            [URL="http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=300453"]

Comment

So nobody has a good contact for somebody to rebuild an E39 m5 VANOS unit?

Comment

Just scored some ACT Ronal LS'! 16x8.5, et 10...should be sexy!
                '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

The E30 isn't going anywhere in the snow lol.
                  Just got back from Seattle. The worst part was south of Seattle and Multnomah east county.
                  sigpic

Comment

My tie rods are stuck on! Soaking them with liquid wrench, and beating on the ball joint, as well as applying lots of torque cannot budge them

And now the steering rack has some play.

Comment

okay guys I need some telepathic assistance.

I have gotten the E30 bundled up back up but have run into some issues that id like some outside opinions on.

I have replaced the subframe, control arms, control arm bushings (M3), Tie rods (inner and outer), upper strut mounts, sway bar bushings

Let me start off by saying I did not remove the steering rack from the steering coloum. at any point.

Now on to the issues.

Hard to turn the wheel (no ps). I think this is from me over tightening the strut mounts as they are twisting from turning the wheel.

Clunks when turning the wheel. Clunks both while stationary and moving. Now from experience I have learned that the sway bar can cause clunking up front. It sounds almost like something is binding then releasing pressure. I don't think its the springs (H&R race) since they never have before. BUT why would the sway bar cause clunking when not moving?

Pulls to the right. Obviously tie rods out of adjustment. Whats the best way to adjust toe without a machine so I can drive to get an alignment? And pulling to the right would mean the right wheel is toed to far out? The left wheel looks pretty straight while the right one looks a bit out.

Thats it. Like I said, just some outside input would be great. I have been working on this by my self for a long time now and I know you start to get tunnel vision.

Edit, 5 toes, looks like you are turning it the wrong way.
                      Originally posted by Sonny
                      I am a meme for our community.

Comment

I was turning it counter clockwise, when looking at the ball joint from the wheel well.

That is the correct way, right? I have not read anywhere it is reverse threaded

Comment

Rightsy tightsy lefty lousy. Turn it the other way.

Comment

Counter clockwise is left loosy

Comment

Stop arguing and go turn it the other way.

Comment

Im so confused! I will try turning it clockwise or righty tighty (when looking at the ball joint from the wheel well)

Comment

Working...
                                X