No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the video it looks like you are tightening it.
    Originally posted by Sonny
    I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Toes did you already unsecure the locking plate if not your never going to get it off
      Originally posted by bmwm42
      PNW vulture pm me for parts
      Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

My car appears to not have the locking plates, therefore I am lead to believe that they are loctited on

Comment

How the fuck does it not have locking plates well either way they are suppose to have loctite you grab some that isn't as weak as you and have them loosen it up for you and btw they are not reverse thread
          Originally posted by bmwm42
          PNW vulture pm me for parts
          Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

I was putting a good 50lbs of torque on them, seems most people can loosen them with just vice grips

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
              How the fuck does it not have locking plates well either way they are suppose to have loctite you grab some that isn't as weak as you and have them loosen it up for you and btw they are not reverse thread
              Originally posted by blunttech
              r3v does not fuck around. First you get banned, then they shoot you

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                Im so confused! I will try turning it clockwise or righty tighty (when looking at the ball joint from the wheel well)
                You can't be serious. It's not reverse threads.
                Originally posted by Gruelius
                and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                  My car appears to not have the locking plates, therefore I am lead to believe that they are loctited on
                  Appears? Come back when you have a picture proving they don't.

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                    You can't be serious. It's not reverse threads.
                    Well I try to get help from here, and people troll me and lead me in the wrong direction. ow helpful

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                    Appears? Come back when you have a picture proving they don't.
                    I say appears because I cant see the tabs, I do not see another piece of metal on the end of the ball joint, and I do not see anything that looks remotely like the new locking plates that I ordered

Comment

Extend the rack all the way out and take a clear picture of the joint.

Comment

Haytoes. Mine gently unscrewed.

Comment

Mine is definitely loctited then or something... and that play has me worried. I will take pictures tomorrow and try again, if I cant get it to work well looks like I need a new rack :(

Also, quick noob question. When raising the passenger side of the engine to get to the 22mm control arm nut, do you unbolt the bottom of the motor mount or both top and bottom? I havn't really found an answer except that you "unbolt the motor mount".
                          Last edited by 5Toes; 01-15-2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

I'd unbolt it on both sides at the bottom.

Comment

So today I swapped out my "racecar" thermostat and installed a clutch fan. Its nice to have my heat back in the PNW.
                              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

^ great success.

Finished the E30 tonight. Feels good to have her back. Turns out I forgot the washer in between the top hat and the strut mount along with over torquing. Momentary lapse in judgement on my part. No big deal.

Here she is.

After that we had some celebratory doughnuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X