PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
    I'd unbolt it on both sides at the bottom.
    Both sides? As in passenger and driver side motor mounts?

Comment

Yes
      Originally posted by Sonny
      I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Thank you Josh

Comment

I would say there is no lockwasher, agreed?

Comment

Originally posted by KEVORM View Post
            Went to work on the race car today....one of those nothing seems to be going my way days. Also, i was told by many people that late model valance (lower) is a bolt on to early models buuuuuut it doesnt seem to fit at all. Even if i cut the tow hooks off it would sit way to high. This cant be rocket science, but i seem to be missing something. Any ideas? car's an 84'
            This post interests me.
            84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
            Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Doesn't look like there is a lock plate

Comment

Nope - but it looks like 5-toes doesn't know how to use a wrench. It's chingered(that's a technical term for someone that messes up a fastener) to heck and back.
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

It is messed up George because I hit it with a small hammer a bunch to try and help loosen it.
                  Last edited by 5Toes; 01-16-2012, 12:18 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Did you try using heat?

Comment

Not yet

Comment

Nothing works like heat. I have a propane torch that saves the day.

Comment

For the PNW guys that don't already know - I live in the same city as 5-toes. At first I was excited to help him when I moved up here - I felt it my duty as a bimmer head to take him under my wing and show home some wrenching skills - but before I could un-pack my tools, he starts in with the "I've got to power coat my valve cover if I'm going to replace my starter" crap...

I don't know why you upset me 5-toes....but what ever it is...it's only cause I was once clueless too - just like you....but I quickly learned to absorb *everything* people around me said. I stopped talking and became a human e30 *sponge* of knowledge....

Now - go put your e30 on craigs list as a parts car - I'll give you $205 so you can buy a nissan like your friend have. - I'm done. We're not your mom.

EDITED....

/rant.
                          Last edited by george graves; 01-16-2012, 12:38 AM.
                          Originally posted by Matt-B
                          hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I do not use that as a crutch. Never on this forum, have I ever said, or implied that I should get help from somebody or something because I have one leg. I have posted a thread or two about my prosthetic, but I do not use that as a crutch. That really offended me.

There are claw marks, but it is because the nut is so large (32mm) that the adjustable wrench cannot slide all the way on, the ball joint hits the part of the wrench before it cannot slide all the way on.

Im not going to cuss or anything either, I am going to stay composed as usual, however it really hurt my feelings what you said George. I have been trying alot harder to "absorb what is around me", in fact I searched the forum and google for an hour before I even posted here for help with this tie rod. What help that was.

Comment

Okay you can figure this out.

So you tried turning left and right?

Liquid wrench didn't work. So lets move on. Do you have a heat gun? Fyi my hand held torch cost ~$20 at Lowes.

Slide your wrench on and slide a breaker bar over that. This is what I did one of mine yesterday. Broke it free nearly instantly. I use part of my jack handle as a breaker bar. Works like a charm

You are in bremerton right?

Comment

Yes I am in Bremerton, tomorrow I will use the family propane torch on it and get them off. I am not giving up.

Comment

Working...
                                X