Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^
    YES!
    Im living in the wrong state, or too poor to live in a sunny state when winter comes.
    sigpic

Comment

Glad you got the transmission in! Now drive that son of a bitch.

Guys, how the hell do you get the square interior door lever trim piece into place? I can't seem to figure out how it pops in.
      Originally posted by Sonny
      I am a meme for our community.

Comment

N00B!!!!!1111

Just kiddinggg. The door handle trim? Make sure you have the correct side and make sure the aarows are facing towards the front of the car. Should just slide in.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

There are arrows? Thanks! I'll tty that tomorrow.It is the right side as I watched it be pulled from the parts car.

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
            The 'vert fully stripped

Ohaiguyzzzzz, better pics to come tomorrow.
            Wow - nice job on the part out. I see a rear t-arm - but besides that, it's plucked clean.

If you put some 2x4 under the spare tire well, and drop it on the ground, a flat bed should be able to scoot it along the floor, and load it up with out a scratch to you shop floor. Well it worked for me once or twice.
            Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
              Wow - nice job on the part out. I see a rear t-arm - but besides that, it's plucked clean.

If you put some 2x4 under the spare tire well, and drop it on the ground, a flat bed should be able to scoot it along the floor, and load it up with out a scratch to you shop floor. Well it worked for me once or twice.
              I thought about taking the trailing arms, but they don't seem like a real popular item for as hard as they are to get off.

When my scrapper buddy came with a flatbed to get it, we put a hook attached to a winch to the rear tow hook and he started pulling it back a little. Then, he grabbed a shitty hood and put it under the rear hubs so that it was easier to slide on. I had a jack on the front end so it would roll as he was pulling it on the bed. Gave it about a minute it so and it was on. I was surprised how easy it was!

Comment

yea keeping the trailing arms isnt to cost effective they are worth thier wieght in scrap i never keep them and they are hard to remove either just a couple bolts per side and disconnect the trailing arms or you could just drop the whole subframe but to me its easier to scrap
                Originally posted by bmwm42
                PNW vulture pm me for parts
                Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                  yea keeping the trailing arms isnt to cost effective they are worth thier wieght in scrap i never keep them and they are hard to remove either just a couple bolts per side and disconnect the trailing arms or you could just drop the whole subframe but to me its easier to scrap
                  Oh really? I need to do some on the red car here eventually. I have 6 cyl Z3 trailing arms and I don't like how much they poke.

Comment

Thinking about selling my 89 325i to buy an 88 325ix 4 door. Got a baby due in two months and the extra doors would be nice. Also, the wife's car is FWD and the AWD would be good to have as an option. I figure that if I sell my car for around $3500, I'd just need to scrounge up another $1,000. Anybody have any experience/insight into this quandary?
                    "Wow. We're just blowing through nap time, aren't we?"
                    sigpic

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Sell me your Zinno bumpers first! Hahaha. Just kidding. Good luck with your next endeavors!

Comment

Zinno bumpers come with the car ;)
                        "Wow. We're just blowing through nap time, aren't we?"
                        sigpic

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

Just a thought

Originally posted by bmwm42 View Post
                          I don't know how they check and weight the scrap, but by filling all the nooks and crannies with concrete mix or something dirt cheap and heavy would definitely add more weight ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Grand525 View Post
                            I don't know how they check and weight the scrap, but by filling all the nooks and crannies with concrete mix or something dirt cheap and heavy would definitely add more weight ;)
                            I like your style

Comment

they just put it on a scale and by the time all said and done is the only spot that would have space would be the spare tire area and the battery compartment as well as the other side and even then not really any real wieght the would add any significant money
                              Originally posted by bmwm42
                              PNW vulture pm me for parts
                              Strategic nw e30 command

Comment

If anyone else has a car that they are about to scrap i need a large section of the trunk pan, mine is rusty and i'd like to just cut it out and weld in a new one.....soooo if someone has a shell they are getting ready to toss i'll pay scrap prices or whatever you deem appropriate.
                                84' 325i -> PRO3 #304