No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive been tapping with a hammer and I tried a screwdriver too (in the little indents on the edges). No luck with that either

Comment

It needs to be unscrewed. Its threaded so the nut holds the shock in place. His threads are rusty thus not allowing it to be unthreaded easily.

Did you get my text 5toes?
      Originally posted by Sonny
      I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Yes I did Josh. Thats the plan for tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
          The shock collar nut - it slides off - if not hit it like a 2$ hooker. Tap. tap. tap. Done. It's not rocket science. No?

(and I had to google "padawan" thank you very much)
          If yours slid off then your a lucky goose because mine as well as many others had to do the same jingle (pipe wrench/table vice/ etc) to get it off.

And your welcome. I love star wars!
          -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
          91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
          08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
          04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
          Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
          Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Good. does the collar nut on the stuck one look like the one you posted?

If so I may have a tool if all else fails.

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
              If yours slid off then your a lucky goose because mine as well as many others had to do the same jingle (pipe wrench/table vice/ etc) to get it off.

And your welcome. I love star wars!
              Then pull the shock out and then slide it off the bottem.....What's the problem? We've spend more time talking about this then it takes to do it....Urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

In other news... I'm cleaning out my garage this week - that means I'll be able to buy a new garage door and door opener in a few months - that means I'll be able to pull into a garage - and not have moss growing on my car - damn you PNW!

No one told me that moss can grow on a car - this place is insane!!!!!
              Originally posted by Matt-B
              hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

The collar nut holds the strut in the strut housing. There is no sliding of anything if the collar nut has rusted itself to the strut housing. The nut isn't stuck on the strut, its stuck on the housing.

Comment

For 5-toes it's un-done. So pull the strut out. I've done this job dozens of times - I don't see the problem - but I could be dense...

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                    The collar nut holds the strut in the strut housing. There is no sliding of anything if the collar nut has rusted itself to the strut housing. The nut isn't stuck on the strut, its stuck on the housing.
                    This.

The collar nut basically acts as a preventative measure for the strut insert from traveling within the housing.
                    08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

He was referring to the pic as an example.

More reading, less jumping the gun. Just sayin'.
                      08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

my bad?

Comment

Ahh I see what he is talking about. George was thinking the picture was of 5toes current situation but 5toes was using the picture to reference the nut he was talking about.

What a conundrum.

Comment

No need to apologize. I just feel bad for toes. He gets gangbanged by all of us, but when he's right, we still gang bang him.

It's a fcuked up scenario!! Haha
                            08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily

Comment

So, tonight, I decided to do some work to the car. Just stupid little shit that's been bugging me for a while. I started with my broken glovebox. Worked yesterday. Went to open it and no dice. Latch is broken. Fuck. Break the latch and replace the glovebox and zip tie it shut. On to changing my OBC to the one from my parts car to see if I could get accurate values for mpg, etc. Nope. Apparently, I get 4.5mpg. Fuck again. After getting discouraged there, I decide to try to fix my bumper that's been sagging. Turns out the shock only had bolt that was tightened. The little stud fuckers broke loose from the frame rail I guess and couldnt get them back on the frame rail so I could tighten my bumper shock. Spent an hour fucking with it and finally got one stud/bolt on and said "fuck it" and decided to put the bumper on. Couldn't get one of the bolts on so I said "fuck it" again and screwed the tow hook in and went home. This was at 11 pm.

I am so fucking sick and tired of fixing little shit on this car. So fucking irritating.

/rant

Time to wake up at 6 am and do it all over again. Night night.
                              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

anyone else have issues with their locking mechanisms since the snow? my driverside is a LOT harder to lock, so much that I am worried the key might break, so Ive been using the trunk lock since its super easy.
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X