PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2man View Post
    anyone else have issues with their locking mechanisms since the snow? my driverside is a LOT harder to lock, so much that I am worried the key might break, so Ive been using the trunk lock since its super easy.
    yea my central locking system went out just before the snow.. cant use my buttery trunk lock anymore,
    stuck with using the stiff drivers side. damnn one more thing on the list to do :neutral:

91 Alpinweiss2 318is OBD2 S52

Comment

Originally posted by ClausE30 View Post
      yea my central locking system went out just before the snow.. cant use my buttery trunk lock anymore,
      stuck with using the stiff drivers side. damnn one more thing on the list to do :neutral:

Same here.
      All are fine except the driver door. Im thinking I need to replace something. I tried a little bit of white lithium grease, worked for a bit. Now its stiff again.

Gotta love old cars lol
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
        So, tonight, I decided to do some work to the car. Just stupid little shit that's been bugging me for a while. I started with my broken glovebox. Worked yesterday. Went to open it and no dice. Latch is broken. Fuck. Break the latch and replace the glovebox and zip tie it shut. On to changing my OBC to the one from my parts car to see if I could get accurate values for mpg, etc. Nope. Apparently, I get 4.5mpg. Fuck again. After getting discouraged there, I decide to try to fix my bumper that's been sagging. Turns out the shock only had bolt that was tightened. The little stud fuckers broke loose from the frame rail I guess and couldnt get them back on the frame rail so I could tighten my bumper shock. Spent an hour fucking with it and finally got one stud/bolt on and said "fuck it" and decided to put the bumper on. Couldn't get one of the bolts on so I said "fuck it" again and screwed the tow hook in and went home. This was at 11 pm.

I am so fucking sick and tired of fixing little shit on this car. So fucking irritating.

/rant

Time to wake up at 6 am and do it all over again. Night night.

Time to sell it to a kid on Craigslist. :p
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
          No need to apologize. I just feel bad for toes. He gets gangbanged by all of us, but when he's right, we still gang bang him.

It's a fcuked up scenario!! Haha
          seriously man every time I go to the local meet I hear about this guy and I'm like shit man why is everyone literally "gangbanging" the shit out of him. If you really have no words of encouragement or anything helpful to say just bite your tongue, because some one more kind will

stop being haters :down:

Comment

Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
            Same here.
            All are fine except the driver door. Im thinking I need to replace something. I tried a little bit of white lithium grease, worked for a bit. Now its stiff again.

Gotta love old cars lol
            for real, talked to a locksmith awhile back when i was getting a spare made, he showed me some stuff you spray in the locks. He said it would help alot cant remember what it was called tho

Comment

for real, talked to a locksmith awhile back when i was getting a spare made, he showed me some stuff you spray in the locks. He said it would help alot cant remember what it was called tho

Used that in the middle of the snow last week and the cylinders went from being stiffer than hell to being able to turn with one finger. It's a de-icer and lubricant (I would presume graphite based as it sat right next to the graphite lubricant at O'Reilly)
              Last edited by iansane; 01-25-2012, 01:19 AM.
              84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
              Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Thanks for the tip!
                Ill try that stuff out!
                sigpic

Comment

that sucks. Send me the E30, ill take care of it.

No Simon, my locks have been fine.
                  Originally posted by Sonny
                  I am a meme for our community.

Comment

I too will have to check that stuff out, sounds promising

Comment

So how soon are those "car of the month" articles coming? They have been saying that on the R3V home page for years I think.
                      Originally posted by Sonny
                      I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by iansane View Post

Used that in the middle of the snow last week
                        Don't be surprised if you get a crazy look when you go to buy this stuff. IIRC it's one of the ingredient to home made meth. The main ingredient is ....methanol
                        Originally posted by Matt-B
                        hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                          anyone else have issues with their locking mechanisms since the snow? my driverside is a LOT harder to lock, so much that I am worried the key might break, so Ive been using the trunk lock since its super easy.
                          Originally posted by brutus87 View Post
                          Same here.

Gotta love old cars lol
                          I snapped my only key clean in half. Luckily I know a damn good locksmith. Clean the locks maybe?

Originally posted by iansane View Post

Used that in the middle of the snow last week and the cylinders went from being stiffer than hell to being able to turn with one finger. It's a de-icer and lubricant (I would presume graphite based as it sat right next to the graphite lubricant at O'Reilly)
                          Thank you for this, I'm about to spray the shit out of my locks with it.

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                          Don't be surprised if you get a crazy look when you go to buy this stuff. IIRC it's one of the ingredient to home made meth. The main ingredient is ....methanol
                          Haha I am so going to try and have fun with this shit
                          Originally posted by James Crivellone
                          1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

My locks were stiff too.

Sorry about the pic reference, but I couldn't really find a good one of the collar.

Comment

Here's a tip: with the doors locked, pull up twice on the door handle. This will turn on the lock warmer, melts any ice very quickly.

*If you are awesome like me and have the optional lock warmer*
                              '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                                If you're in tacompton, or buying large quantities I could see raising an eyebrow or two... :p
                                84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                                Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Working...
                                X