No announcement yet.

PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm. There should've been 4 starter bolts total.
    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Iirc there is a hex nut that goes on end on that bolt. But I'll look tomorrow. It has been quite awhile since I was in there.
      Originally posted by Sonny
      I am a meme for our community.

Comment

It's not a hex nut. It's a 17mm nut that attaches to that inverted torx bolt.

Comment

^ on my m20 it was 2 17mm hex nuts with inverted torx bolts coming from the firewall side

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
            Simon wants to buy a slick top 2 door mk2 yes?
            nope, i have more than enough cars. the only vw that i can get tempted with is a mk1 jetta coupe, but i already have one in my garage, so....
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
              Iirc there is a hex nut that goes on end on that bolt. But I'll look tomorrow. It has been quite awhile since I was in there.
              If you could that would be great, just so I know exactly what I am looking at, Bentley hasn't been so helpful.

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
              It's not a hex nut. It's a 17mm nut that attaches to that inverted torx bolt.
              Are you talking about the starter bracket bolt as well?

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
              ^ on my m20 it was 2 17mm hex nuts with inverted torx bolts coming from the firewall side
              So I need to go to like a bolt store & look for 2 x 17mm hex bolts & nuts. My 8mm wrench fits on the bolt I showed. Thanks guys. Sucks I got stopped, because I was jamming out & rocking away at those Transmission bolts.
              Originally posted by James Crivellone
              1) The internet is NOT serious business.

Comment

What's up? :P

Comment

How's chip?

Comment

Anyone have a spare hood roundel? Especially if you are going to XXX?

Comment

About to ge go press in the e30 m3 cabs, quick question though for later.

Should a little bit of like wheel bearing grease be applied tot he shafts of the inner ball joints? Just wondering, and I know I am often wrong so...

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                        About to ge go press in the e30 m3 cabs, quick question though for later.

Should a little bit of like wheel bearing grease be applied tot he shafts of the inner ball joints? Just wondering, and I know I am often wrong so...
                        Not a bad idea, or use antiseize if you have some. I put a little on all the tapered ball joint conection points so they don't corrode together.

Comment

Chip is great!

Comment

Just gauging interest, anybody want to caravan down to Bimmerfest this year?

Comment

When is it?

Comment

I think I will be going.

Comment

Working...
                                X