PNW Chit Chat thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
    Do you still have the iX manual tranny? I've been meaning to come down and get it.
    No, that was sold a little while back.

Bahama Beige E23 Project
    Bluebird Bus Conversion
    New Oregon Trail

Comment

Shit. I knew I should of jumped on that...

Comment

Guys, stupid n00b question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. Two of my subframe bolts broke off in the frame last night. Is it bad to drive around with only two subframe bolts in? I'm kinda sketched out by it.
        '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

They broke off up inside where you can't grab them with vice grips?

Bahama Beige E23 Project
          Bluebird Bus Conversion
          New Oregon Trail

Comment

Originally posted by MickeyFinn503 View Post
            Guys, stupid n00b question, but I'm going to ask it anyway. Two of my subframe bolts broke off in the frame last night. Is it bad to drive around with only two subframe bolts in? I'm kinda sketched out by it.
            Only if you're worried about the entire drivetrain falling out of the car at any given moment.
            Originally posted by 5Toes
            bux bux bux. Im all about the bux Mr. Autism

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
              They broke off up inside where you can't grab them with vice grips?
              Yup. Going to try and drill it out if I can find a long enough drill bit.

Comment

Dang thats too bad. I hate busted shit

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                Bluebird Bus Conversion
                New Oregon Trail

Comment

It sucks. Thus my rant about people impacting bolts. Lol.

Comment

Yeah dude, thats shitty for sure.

Im contemplating cutting ym front springs like 2/3 of a coil

Comment

For better cornering*
                      '89 Schwarz E30 M3 Cabriolet Build

Comment

Originally posted by Mullet Bullet View Post
                        bored at work today so i made a pen holder out of some scrap stainless steel. anyone need anything tig welded?

Can you modify one primary tube on a turbo header I have? :)
                        84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
                        Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Originally posted by Mullet Bullet View Post
                          bored at work today so i made a pen holder out of some scrap stainless steel. anyone need anything tig welded?

nice tig welds brah i used to weld back in high school, what welder are you using? i miss that stuff wish i had me a welder
                          Transaction Feedback: -click here
                          [e30: '91 318is coupe|brilliantrot||e36: '98 318ti|fern green|California top|M-Tech]
                          [URL="http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=300453"]

Comment

Well it appears that m3 springs are the same just 6 coils (instead of 7 like on 325i's)

THe higher spring rate of m3 springs may be because they are just shorter, because cutting sprigns does increase spring rate. The wire thickness/gauge is the same

SO that means one coil off front should lower car half an inch, and I am 9mm or so lower without the spring pads and the e90 drop hats (which are awesome BTW)

Additionally, the M3 and 325i share the same front struts, which means I shouldnt blow them if I go m3 height

Comment

^ that is quite a lot of effort put into a simple spring chop. Just cut those bitches up or stop worrying about a few millimeters in ride height difference when you are still on stock suspension

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                              Bluebird Bus Conversion
                              New Oregon Trail

Comment

What he said. Or, just buy lowering springs. No chopping required.

out dated sig is out dated

Comment

Working...
                                X